Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Williams Pinball App Discussion

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the pricing models do seem nuts. Lord of the Rings Online is a free to play game on PC I've spent about £110 on, but that's in 7 years; almost all on buying content rather than fluff, just paid for more useful things like more bag space and shared storage but none of the cosmetic fluff or temporary boosts. For that I've basically got the full game, although would cost more than that when not on sale as there are now 6 expansions, 4 free quest pack areas and 20 further quest packs (and there is still more of Middle Earth to go), and several skirmishes. You get points while playing the game so some of that you can get for free, but realistically have to start paying some cash when you get to Angmar or Moria - can still be a tourist in regions not bought so it isn't compulsory to buy everything in level order. Still cheaper than subscribing (although do need a single 1 month subscription to unlock some other stuff).

Still, something like 4p per hour played is close to free.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got one too.

Fire Emblem Heroes' "best deal" pack for its premium currency (Orbs, which are spent to summon character units to use in battle, which have star based ranks up to 5*) is $75 for 140 Orbs.

140 Orbs is nothing. Spending 140 Orbs trying to get a specific unit will not only very rarely get you that unit, you can easily spend 140 Orbs and not get a single 5*. The $75 spent doesn't guarantee you'll get anything better than common 3-4* early game trash units.

My Devices
    Ipad Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgias32 View Post
    I was going to laugh at the "who pays $99 for an app" question, but then it occurred to me that I have spent more than that on TPA on Android. Doh!
    I've spent more on TPA than all other apps and in app purchases combined. Each table was worth it for me. I didn't buy them all, and there are a few I regret, but I'm glad I did. There are a few on the app that I loved as a kid, and one or two I've grown to really enjoy even though I've never played them IRL.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

My Devices
    PC, Oculus Rift, Nintendo Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps there are lucky coin days, sometimes they'll drop with unusually high frequency. Could be once a week?

Received the Poco F1 today, Williams Pinball is a revelation compared to my old Moto G4.
    - The 18.7:9 aspect ratio is superior and provides a clearer view of the table.
    - Manual plunging benefits from the increased vertical screen space.
    - Performance is astounding with the Snapdragon 845, silky smooth frame rates and vastly improved menu response.
    - There are no mechanical issues with VUKs or ball locks (Black Rose / Party Zone).
    - Unfortunately Safe Cracker tokens do not carry over to new devices.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Does anybody happen to know what the starting amount of tickets and coins are for the app when first opened? I want to say it was 50 or 75 coins, but I don't remember.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I thought it was a much lower amount than that. Maybe 5 or 10 coins?

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Oh damn! That's why I'm asking, because at launch I got a much different total than what people are probably getting now.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a quick go on the mobile app and got an advert I hadn't seen before. Company for trading commodities etc., and on the bottom it had 83% of investors lost money - er, don't think I'll bother with that one either!

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't aware of any app updates but just noticed a couple of minor changes:
    - Basic Challenge refresh reduced to 20 tickets.
    - ToM XP points drastically reduced.

I thought the Basic refresh cost was fine at 25, perhaps it's a subtle way to encourage additional advert clicks for card flip 4.

My Devices
    Surface Book 2 and Pixel XL 2
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    Does anybody happen to know what the starting amount of tickets and coins are for the app when first opened? I want to say it was 50 or 75 coins, but I don't remember.
    Through a phone reset, I've lost my Google Play Games progress and have an open support case with Zen to restore it.

Here is the starting balances after force upgrading one table for 300 tix.

Find me on:
    Twitter | Google+ | Blab.im | GitHub | LinkedIn

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredmorgs View Post
    Through a phone reset, I've lost my Google Play Games progress and have an open support case with Zen to restore it.
    Gutted, wonder why that occurred. I've got the game concurrently installed on two devices sharing the same account, the only game data not shared between the two appears to be Safe Cracker tokens. Out of curiosity what are Zen asking for the 'Legendary' table pack, does it include all ten tables?

My Devices
    IOS/ PC
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MBeeching View Post
    Gutted, wonder why that occurred. I've got the game concurrently installed on two devices sharing the same account, the only game data not shared between the two appears to be Safe Cracker tokens. Out of curiosity what are Zen asking for the 'Legendary' table pack, does it include all ten tables?
    I paid $30 US

My Devices
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MBeeching View Post
    In Aussie...

Find me on:

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just got a new android smartphone (smartphone before that was barely a smartphone, think it failed its IQ test! - it would hardly run anything) as I had a reason last week to get one, followed by another very good reason on Sunday.

Obviously I've now installed Williams Pinball on it, but I can't see how to exit the program once its running. I feel I may be missing something that should be obvious that I don't know about.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbers View Post
    I've just got a new android smartphone (smartphone before that was barely a smartphone, think it failed its IQ test! - it would hardly run anything) as I had a reason last week to get one, followed by another very good reason on Sunday.

Obviously I've now installed Williams Pinball on it, but I can't see how to exit the program once its running. I feel I may be missing something that should be obvious that I don't know about.
    Android doesn't have a clean exit button built in. Use your recents button and swipe the app out of your recents to "Exit".
    Find me on:

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heads up. You can now buy Monster Box for 20 Zen coins in the store to get 5 random parts. Since parts for the 2 new table are not dropping in the regular challenges, this is the only way you can get parts for Monster Bash and Creature from the Black Lagoon aside from the Timed Challenges.

My Devices
    ipad, iphone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird. I get the message about the monster box at the splash screen when I open the app but it’s not there in the store.

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what? After I posted the above message, the servers went down. But now upon checking the app again, I can still see that the Monster Box is still there. No splash screen for me though.

My Devices
    ipad, iphone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I’ll go with the normal response to Zen and just give it time and maybe it will sort itself out. I should be able to get CFTBL to level 2 with this challenge then Monster Bash should be easy to get to level 2 with the next one so I guess I don’t really need it. I’ve got over a 1,000 coins that are burning a hole in my pocket though.

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Android doesn't have a clean exit button built in. Use your recents button and swipe the app out of your recents to "Exit".
    That helps a bit. the recents button is the square one? If it appears and I press it I get several windows with an "X" in the corner that I can click to close, including the Williams one.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep that's the one @wilbers
    Find me on:

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep that's the one @wilbers
    Is it common on Android not to be able to close apps that way? On the phone I've just got the square button isn't there all the time, including when Williams pinball is running.

Given the boohickiness / grinding of mobile games I don't think I'll be installing many to find out. I should be giving its sat-nav capabilities a try this weekend, my previous phone did just run google maps but was so slow I never did use it for more than getting you are here dot - this one has already decided where I live and automatically downloaded map of the local area.

My Devices
    Steam, PS4, iPad
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbers View Post
    Is it common on Android not to be able to close apps that way? On the phone I've just got the square button isn't there all the time, including when Williams pinball is running.
    You should be able to bring it up in most apps by swiping up from the bottom area of the screen.

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zmcvay View Post
    You should be able to bring it up in most apps by swiping up from the bottom area of the screen.
    Ah!, that is what I was missing. Is that something most people know, but I didn't?

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, iPad Air, Vita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dumb question here. I purchased the Universal Monsters pack (on iOS) for $9.99 thinking I was getting all four stars since all of the other Williams packs I have purchase for the price had everything unlocked. It only had two stats unlocked, and I contacted Zen and they informed me that the Universal pack only comes with two stars. I was not happy at all, but I began playing the tables and I finally have enough table parts to unlock the next level in creature. It says promote table 3000 tickets. I thought I only needed table parts for the next star? Do I have to get 3000 tickets and 40 table parts per star?
    Last edited by Mk pinball fan; 11-09-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast