Williams Pinball App Discussion

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Then there's the one with the guy holding a baby saying how he doesn't usually play mobile games but he's addicted to this one particular one that pays him real money and I should play it. No footage of the game or anything just this guy holding a baby. It's annoying, and probably even more annoying with the volume up (I play while watching TV, so keep the volume pretty low).

Oh, that one is one of my favorites! I've seen a few variations too with other people, but it's the same setup. It makes me laugh because a) it's so low tech and badly done on someone's phone with absolute minimal effort put in, b) it can be used for absolutely any product needed since no footage or name is ever given, c) it expects us to trust some rando person simply because they say they don't usually do this?? And the amazing part is they probably nab a few suckers every day with it!

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
The more I read this thread the more I'm glad I decided to just stick with PC/PS4/Switch.
Good idea. If I ever get the funds I may dump more mobile gaming. I've narrowed things down a lot the last few years. There are few original ideas left, and when a game works, they make it a time suck and a cash grab.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Have the new tables been confirmed for release on mobile today? (I'll be purchasing them on Steam regardless).
I've saved up my tickets for immediate Grade 2 upgrades but dreading how many games I'll have to play to earn the table parts :(

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
Congrats to Zen for thoroughly corrupting the simple idea of pinball. Upgrades... Tickets... Table parts.. stupid ads... 5 minute unlimited ball challenges... Ugh.. maybe I'd rather watch those ads after all.

barbul

Jan 8, 2014
I've bought Williams 1-3 packs on Steam and n switch, and now i've decide to buy season 3 on Android (Pack 1 & 2 I got 4 free on grade 3 & 4)... and looks like i've pay more than on Steam, more than on switch and get only basic grade 2 (without visual extras and pro physics) - it's some kind of error or what?

Wysłane z mojego SM-T813 przy użyciu Tapatalka

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I've bought Williams 1-3 packs on Steam and n switch, and now i've decide to buy season 3 on Android (Pack 1 & 2 I got 4 free on grade 3 & 4)... and looks like i've pay more than on Steam, more than on switch and get only basic grade 2 (without visual extras and pro physics) - it's some kind of error or what?

Wysłane z mojego SM-T813 przy użyciu Tapatalka

It's an issue as purchasing the tables through the special offer should max the tables out at 4 stars so that you own them. Contact Zen through the app and let them know about not getting full access to the tables you purchased. I have already contacted them as well.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Not going to pay on Mobile (and I may hold off on Steam - I'd really be paying $9.99 for just ToM because I could care less about CP and Safecracker - more likely to get Vol 2.).

However since I'm about to hit my next 3000 tickets I'm wondering if it's worth holding back on unlocking the 3 new tables, or unlock them all to 1* and use the tickets I've got saved to unlock them all quickly at 2*?

Honestly considering not unlocking Safecracker, ever. My frustration levels are already high enough when Junkyard is one of the challenge tables.

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
I've seen reviews on Google play that people are buying table packs and still seeing ads. I hope that's a temporary bug.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Not going to pay on Mobile (and I may hold off on Steam - I'd really be paying $9.99 for just ToM because I could care less about CP and Safecracker - more likely to get Vol 2.).

However since I'm about to hit my next 3000 tickets I'm wondering if it's worth holding back on unlocking the 3 new tables, or unlock them all to 1* and use the tickets I've got saved to unlock them all quickly at 2*?

Honestly considering not unlocking Safecracker, ever. My frustration levels are already high enough when Junkyard is one of the challenge tables.
You'll need table parts to unlock the new tables for free. I've been stockpiling tickets as well but can't use them on the new tables because I need parts. Have a guess what parts I'm *not* getting when I play the daily challenges...

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Wow. What a grindfest. I have one fully unlocked. Fish Tales. The others are at 100 parts, but now I need 100 coins per table to unlock level 4. Should take two years to unlock them at this rate. Played for about 50-60 hours to reach this point. Bummed. All of that grinding and still have to pay out to reach level 4. What the hell. Wasn’t worth the grind. Better off buying if I have to grind for 60 hours and STILL have to pay anyway.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I just played one 5 minute challenge and received a table part for Champion Pub. However, I do have all 7 previous tables at 4 stars.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I played the basic, advanced, and pro challenges all to 15 stars. 2 table parts for ToM and nothing else.

I did play all three in League Play.

ToM is very dark. Plays well though. It takes a couple of attempts to plunge the ball though, the table is so steep.

CPub is very green. One thing: with the center post up and the ball resting between it and the flippers, it should be possible to shoot both left and right jabs. The table is designed that way. The left jab (from the right flipper) isn't lined up so it always misses.

Safecracker looks awful, the ramps are opaque, and as I suspected the timed play aspect just doesn't mix with the Zen challenge modes. Sorry, it's a mess (as well as being a horrible table to start with) and I don't see how anyone can justify spending money on it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
This is probably a bit aged and has been mentioned by someone but whats up with the glitched up level requirments on fish tales on ps4? One ball challenge level one is 3k then level two demands 50k once you hit 50k and grab a couple more points its level 8. Same thing with survival mode for fish tales, level one is 5k then you need to hit a near impossible 70k to get level 2, this is frustrating throw your controller annoying. Once you time multiball just right and hit those jackpots on time you finally get to level 2 and the rest is too easy. Its very obvious somebody messed up programming those level score requirments, and on the free table people are going to notice most.

Made a million edit corrections to the typing on this half awake and cant type anything right this morning

Last edited:

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
I bought Pack 3 yesterday when it was offered for 9.99 and had the same issue. I contacted support though the app and within 2 hours they had responded and now the 3 tables show all 4 starts.

Members online

Members online