Williams Pinball Android Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
My only gripe is the complexity of the unlocking mechanisms for the newbie. Yes, there's a tutorial, but no, it's very brief and all of a sudden you're in a land of confusion with 3 different "currencies" (tickets, tokens, parts), overall level (similar to your level in FX3?), table levels.... and so on. Yikes.

You'll get used to it, eventually. I know, high praise. We all complained about it in the iOS beta, it actually got a bit less confusing with some changes, and now it doesn't phase me at all.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Read his comment again. He's not complaining. He's accepting that things won't be right at this point.

He's also making the point that the steam beta spoilt us multi-platform testers with it's initial beta quality.

It's all good in the hood.

This!

Although I'm not sure Fungi's comment was directed against me, but not being a native speaker I sometimes don't get the connotation right.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
With today's update I got a new menu item "League game", but neither my level, my tickets, my Zen coins are loaded. When trying to do the daily challenge, I get an interal error, trying to play Arcade I get the message I need to go online, league game just give a message box "please wait". Seems like the connection to Zen Servers doesn't work.

That's a beta, how it should be - not like the PC beta, where everything was already running way too smooth for a beta :D

League game?? That's certainly not anything I've seen in the iOS version.

*please oh please introduce teams/clans*

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
This!

Although I'm not sure Fungi's comment was directed against me, but not being a native speaker I sometimes don't get the connotation right.

Not against you dude. All's good. I'm remembering it being a Facebook tester, I think.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
League game?? That's certainly not anything I've seen in the iOS version.

*please oh please introduce teams/clans*

Hehe, fantasy running wild :) I don't know what's behind it, because it's still locked. It looks a bit like the challenge mode on PC.

By the way, I did what Jared did - deleted cache, data, uninstalled, reinstalled and now I can play, but the game "forgot" I selected AFM as first table and had me select again. So I went for MM. Now the game doesn't crash anymore when I finish a challenge and lets me actually open the chests.

Not against you dude. All's good. I'm remembering it being a Facebook tester, I think.

Just as I thought - all fine and nice :)

BTW: Just got my first achievement when defeating the trolls. Achievement is called: Don't feed the troll :)

Last edited:

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
This was a problem with the initial installation of the app. Once I deleted everything including the data and the cache, and re-downloaded all table files and re linked my Google Play games account everything started working again.

I am now playing the game.

Thanks [MENTION=459]jaredmorgs[/MENTION]. I followed your advice & now showing with my edited GooglePlay name: ANDYDR1VER
So thanks for that :)

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
...My only gripe is the complexity of the unlocking mechanisms for the newbie. Yes, there's a tutorial, but no, it's very brief and all of a sudden you're in a land of confusion with 3 different "currencies" (tickets, tokens, parts), overall level (similar to your level in FX3?), table levels.... and so on. Yikes...

Seconded - Whether you get used to it in the end, or not - It just seems so uneccessarilly complex - or am I just an old fart who doesn't get these kiddy phone games anymore.

Old Days = 1.Find coins(s) (THE most difficult bit) / 2.Insert coin(s), 3.Press Start / 4.Hope to win Replay/Match (to avoid 1)

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
A few more observations:

1. The "dead/sticky flipper" issue is definitely on all tables (I have unlocked/played all except Party Zone at this point) as is noted above
2. On AFM and MM, holding the left flipper before plunge to open up the loop for the super skill shot, it sometimes doesn't register that the left flipper is held down - specifically if you don't wait long enough after holding down the flipper and plunging
3. I have joined the "VIP" club but when I try to select the VIP custom ball, it says "you must join the VIP club" then opens the popup that shows that I am already registered. Impossible to use this ball. I did register for VIP with a different email than my google account, maybe that's a clue...

Overall the gameplay is fantastic, the action runs smooth as silk and looks great.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Seconded - Whether you get used to it in the end, or not - It just seems so uneccessarilly complex - or am I just an old fart who doesn't get these kiddy phone games anymore.

You're just an old fart, who doesn't get these kiddy phone games anymore.

Just like me.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Getting the error when trying to claim the Free Tickets Pack after watching the video too.

Buying%20FREE%20TICKET%20PACK.jpg

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I get errors / crashes mostly after watching the video when I'm flipping the cards after completing a challenge.

One thing I have noticed is that you are automatically credited with the tickets (and I presume the other stuff) under the three "free" cards, without having to flip them (just watch your tickets total when the cards screen comes up). I've never had a problem with the coin/token card. So I do that fourth. Then I watch the ad/video because if that fails, the game usually crashes and you lost the opportunity to flip the coin/token card if you hadn't already.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'll add that this behavior - a game crashing after watching an ad to get free stuff - isn't unique to WP. I've had it happen to me in other games too.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I get errors / crashes mostly after watching the video when I'm flipping the cards after completing a challenge.

Same here - usually I get an "Internal Error" or something like that, and either it works after hitting the Retry-Button 2-3 times, or the game crashes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.