Williams Pinball Android Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Starting this morning I'm noticing a new thing, when I win one of the daily challenges, I click the three free awards and the Z coin award and they work fine, I click to watch the video, after the video it gives the "unable to connect" message, I click "Retry", and the application crashes completely/quits. Never get the award (as far as I can tell).

Definitely getting a ton of "unable to connect" messages in general using the app, but this is the only case where it has crashed the application.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I usually wait a few seconds before claiming the video award, so that it doesn't crash when I attempt to retry. It might be the game trying to connect to the server again.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Starting this morning I'm noticing a new thing, when I win one of the daily challenges, I click the three free awards and the Z coin award and they work fine, I click to watch the video, after the video it gives the "unable to connect" message, I click "Retry", and the application crashes completely/quits. Never get the award (as far as I can tell).

Definitely getting a ton of "unable to connect" messages in general using the app, but this is the only case where it has crashed the application.

Not new, it's what we're talking about in the handful of posts above this one. Definitely been happening to me the last 2-3 days.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Those feels when you watch a video, then the server fails to respond and app crashes and you don't get awarded.

Those feels are not good feels...

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
That's now three unknown errors in a row when trying to unlock the ticket video award.

Any idea (apart from it being in beta) why the video unlocks are so unreliable?

I'm going to try cold booting my phone to see if the cached state has something to do with it.
10651c024b721f698ddca2e885c60039.jpg

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
That's now three unknown errors in a row when trying to unlock the ticket video award.

Any idea (apart from it being in beta) why the video unlocks are so unreliable?

I'm going to try cold booting my phone to see if the cached state has something to do with it.
10651c024b721f698ddca2e885c60039.jpg
That seemed to fix the issue. Sort of. I was able to tap retry and was awarded the tickets.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I just did the podcast with Chris and we were talking about the huge disparity in pricing and unlock tiers between Android and iOS in-app purchases.

I wonder if this will be normalised in future versions of the beta before it's generally available to the public?

Can you comment on this [MENTION=7437]pinball_chaos[/MENTION]?

Last edited:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Did they ever consider that some will want to play this on tablet??????
Plunger is way to high, there's no way to shift gears in game.I have to cradle the ball first.
Nudging!!!!! HOW to do that to make any sense out of it? Swiping zone is to high and very impractical move. Touch zones are basically on some other tablet, not mine. Even higher than plunger button. Gyroscope doesn't work for L/R, just up and while in TPA it was to sensitive, here it's almost dead.

Visually, it's way better than TPA but when it comes to game experience ATM it's not really enjoyable. It took me 2hrs to finish 1ball 15 stars challenge on MM because of dead/sticky flippers which are way more prominent than in 1st level challenge and because nudging can't be used at all.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I agree, nudging is next to impossible on a touch screen with the way it's set up. This needs addressing, especially on AFM with those force field/saucer shots going STDM.

Flippers still feel weird and some shots are just counter intuitive. Like a clean backhand of the left ramp on AFM. Pretty sure that's not attainable on a real table.

I've not had sticky flipper issues. And there are shift up/down buttons on HS2, they're reachable even on a tablet. Unless it's a resolution issue?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
tablet is mi pad 4 plus, so 10.1" with 1920x1200 in portrait and buttons are on upper half of the screen. I do have a fairly large hands, I can thumb type in landscape but there's no way to reach buttons while holding the tablet for normal play.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Flipper Freeze is MAJOR Issue

....dead/sticky flippers which are way more prominent than in 1st level challenge...

THIS has got to be the Major Issue with the whole game at the mo. Soooooo unfair!

Nov 18, 2016
Based on discussions here, I decided to buy some Zen coins. Paid my money, but got nothing.

I'm currently waiting for Zen tech support to respond to my email. If they can't resolve this soon, I think this beta test deserves an F grade.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Based on discussions here, I decided to buy some Zen coins. Paid my money, but got nothing.

I'm currently waiting for Zen tech support to respond to my email. If they can't resolve this soon, I think this beta test deserves an F grade.

This really makes me scratch my head...why in the world would you spend money in a beta?? I just don’t get it. The purpose of a beta is to test things and expect issues. This isn’t a final release, yet people treat it as such. I get the argument of “well they shouldn’t let you spend money in it then”, but c’mon. I do hope they find your funds, I really do, but the rest of you...don’t spend money in a beta!!

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Don't know what I'm doing wrong, hopefully someone will tell me...

I've been playing the daily challenges to collect parts to unlock tables, and I've got a few tables promoted to 1* but still can't access them.
I thought 1* unlocked the basic challenge for a new table?

General comments - visually great. Reward system isn't very intuitive. Nudging on screen is awful. Controller integration isn't good (no plunge - and I think nudging needs a reverse option). Lots of crashes.
It's good, but lots of work to do.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Yes - I had a go, but only quickly yesterday.
Flippers are up on the shoulder buttons. View change (cycle) is on X. Nudge seems to be analogue, no matter what the touch nudge setting is. I'm not 100% but I think it's working backwards to my normal way of thinking, TPA got round this with a 'reverse nudge' option which reversed left right, but left nudge up alone.
If using a non analogue controller, d-pad seems to give one full strength nudge.

There doesn't seem to be any plunger control, or control of the game gui or menus.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Don't know what I'm doing wrong, hopefully someone will tell me...

I've been playing the daily challenges to collect parts to unlock tables, and I've got a few tables promoted to 1* but still can't access them.
I thought 1* unlocked the basic challenge for a new table?

General comments - visually great. Reward system isn't very intuitive. Nudging on screen is awful. Controller integration isn't good (no plunge - and I think nudging needs a reverse option). Lots of crashes.
It's good, but lots of work to do.

Nice succinct assessment I'd say. But don't for get those freezing flippers - that's a REAL deal breaker.

Must say that I'm pretty impresseed though - when playing the tables.
All the gumpff you have to wade through in the UI is pretty painful though.

If you buy the ables outright can you disable all that hand just have the tables to select - a la TPA?
I can't see myself wanting Ball Trais or Custom Flippers or any of that stuff tbh.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Nice succinct assessment I'd say. But don't for get those freezing flippers - that's a REAL deal breaker.

Must say that I'm pretty impresseed though - when playing the tables.
All the gumpff you have to wade through in the UI is pretty painful though.

If you buy the ables outright can you disable all that hand just have the tables to select - a la TPA?
I can't see myself wanting Ball Trais or Custom Flippers or any of that stuff tbh.
I haven't actually seen any freezing flippers on either huawei p20 pro, or nvidia shield k1 tablet.

Main thing I'm struggling with is unlocking tables. I've just literally unlocked another. Promoted it to 1*, but then can't do anything with them. Shouldn't basic challenge be available at 1*?
I promoted almost all tables to 1*, but I can still only access Black Rose the table I first unlocked when first starting the game which is at 2*'s. How do you access basic challenge?

Have you managed to unlock any other tables through rewards yet? I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.