Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Williams Pinball Android Beta

My Devices
    PC, Oculus Rift, Nintendo Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't think to look here for discussion of the Android version. I started playing on January 29th and have reached Level 23, despite my objections to the awful mobile price model I've been enjoying the core gameplay more than I anticipated.

Interesting to read some of the commentary regarding lack of flipper response, I frequently drain off the left flipper but thought that was due to user input, perhaps there's more to it. I keep hearing a short error sound whilst playing but I can't determine what it means. It's definitely not a tilt warning but could be multiball related, any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by HOW View Post
    Thanks @jaredmorgs. I followed your advice & now showing with my edited GooglePlay name: ANDYDR1VER
    So thanks for that
    Ahh that's a familiar League name - I was starting to think those were randomly generated (who's PinballTec?). I suspect the 'opponents' and target scores are entirely virtual as they don't appear to correlate with the table. What rewards does League Mode pay out when a Season concludes, surely it has to be substantially greater than the player's original ticket investment?

First I've heard about an eSports edition, is that only available on Apple devices?

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes, the Zen eSports edition and the multiplayer mode in the Apple version of Williams Pinball use the Skillz app, which is only on iOS. We donít have the League Mode that is on Android.

My Devices
    Nexus 5, Nexus 7, PC, iPad2, iPhone 4,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abouttreefitty View Post
    Regarding the dead flipper, this happens on my iPhone 7 as well. I experienced this on The Pinball Arcade on iOS as well, but the issue is worse here. This is a multitouch issue. It happens when there are two touches registered at the same time. There are certain spots that if youíre touching and holding on one side that a touch on the other side wonít register. You can test this by holding a ball in one flipper and then touching the other flipper in various spots. Youíll find certain spots that are dead zones.

The Pinball Arcade developer said this issue could not be fixed. Iím learning to play with my thumbs in different spots to avoid the dead zones.
    I remember this being brought up a while back about TPA, but at least on my end it is definitely not related only to multi touch. To test I loaded a table in arcade mode and spammed the left flipper and got multiple freezes with just a single touch. I also decided to test it on the touch nudge and found it even worse there. Every 3rd or 4th nudge got no reaction from the table I checked by tilting the table which lets you nudge infinitly and got more than double the dead response to a single touch. I'm thinking it has to do with quick touches more than multi touch, maybe an issue with how quick the game refreshes vs how often it polls for touch input. I hope this is something they are looking at.

My Devices
    iPad (TPA) & Android (Zen Williams)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Blahcade show @shutyertrap & @jaredmorgs
    I hope you can get some answers from Zen on both the pricing structure and maybe this flipper freeze issue. I also seem to experience it on the left rather than right flipper.

My Devices
    Mi Pad 4 Plus, Xperia XZ2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh.... the right one also suck big time. Yesterday I needed some 20+ games to finish 5min challenge on MM because of dead right flipper.
    True, that was happening in TPA also but maybe once in a hundred balls. Here............. well, in arcade almost never in challenges all the time. Like it's intentional just to grind some more and watch more stupid videos.
    Dear FS, Special Force and Radical, please.

My Devices
    Nvidea Shield K1, and Samsung Note 4 SM-N910F.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of an experiment. TPA only allows two simultaneous touch inputs. This hasn't always been the case, it used to allow more I remember.
    If you had two flippers cradled and activated a third touch point it used to deenergise either one or both upheld flippers (I forget). Farsight changed this at some point to two simultaneous inputs limited. (I remember it happening but not when).

Zen Williams allows more than two. I've just tried holding both and touch nudge still works and doesn't appear to cancel out any already active touch inputs for me using a Huawei P20 pro.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Rubik View Post
    Bit of an experiment. TPA only allows two simultaneous touch inputs. This hasn't always been the case, it used to allow more I remember.
    If you had two flippers cradled and activated a third touch point it used to deenergise either one or both upheld flippers (I forget). Farsight changed this at some point to two simultaneous inputs limited. (I remember it happening but not when).

Zen Williams allows more than two. I've just tried holding both and touch nudge still works and doesn't appear to cancel out any already active touch inputs for me using a Huawei P20 pro.
    Nudging is tricky and generally ineffective on my Moto G4, if a flipper is engaged even less so.
    Certainly not a reliable mechanism so Black Rose is an absolute ball drainer.

That's one of my main objections to the mobile pricing, it's an enjoyable yet vastly inferior experience at considerably higher cost.
    I don't think I could even play this game on public transport over 4G due to the online requirements for anything below 4th Grade.

My Devices
    Surface Book 2 and Pixel XL 2
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MBeeching View Post
    Nudging is tricky and generally ineffective on my Moto G4, if a flipper is engaged even less so.
    Certainly not a reliable mechanism so Black Rose is an absolute ball drainer.

That's one of my main objections to the mobile pricing, it's an enjoyable yet vastly inferior experience at considerably higher cost.
    I don't think I could even play this game on public transport over 4G due to the online requirements for anything below 4th Grade.
    I have been playing it on public transport.

My experience is on a train, 30 minute trip, with the usual network congestion of 500+ people trying to access the same cell.

This game's video freemium awards simply don't work on anything less than 3G. H+ just results in a game crash, or if you're lucky an unresponsive "watch video" button.

The network conditions are outside Zen's control. The way they cache the videos on your device so you can play in degraded network conditions IMO is.
    Find me on:
    Twitter | Google+ | Blab.im | GitHub | LinkedIn

My Devices
    Xbox One
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The beta runs fine on my phone (Nokia 7.1) but it is a narrow phone, so the view of flippers are small. I'm used to playing on landscape mode (Mac and Xbox) and always prioritise a larger view of the flippers in my views above anything else. I would be great if we could get landscape views similar to what we have on other systems.

P.S. Hopefully somebody comes back with a... oh, you just need to do this to get the view into landscape mode

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, let's talk about League Play. And how utterly imbalanced it is.

Roll AFM at any level? Plunge the ball, make a couple of shots, walk away for three minutes, and win.

Junk Yard? Fugeddabadit.

"You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EldarOfSuburbia View Post
    So, let's talk about League Play. And how utterly imbalanced it is.

Roll AFM at any level? Plunge the ball, make a couple of shots, walk away for three minutes, and win.

Junk Yard? Fugeddabadit.

Yep.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Iím curious if the League Play is similar to the matchups of Bethesda Pinball. There you start at say 50,000th place and only advance a few hundred places regardless of your winning score. Itís not until getting close to 20,000th that you even see the scores start to increase. I havenít gotten there yet, but I have to believe the scores get more challenging once thereís only a couple thousand left. Unfortunately thatís a long grind before things get interesting. Do you Android players think this matches to your current experience with the beta? Or is it closer to what the matchups are in FX3 ( which I also stopped doing because of the sheer volume of grinding each cycle to maintain rank)

My Devices
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea how it is on other zen games, but I do know that after wasting some tickets and wining I dont get any reward points. I'm still in first league with 0/255 crowns. So either I dont get it or it just doesnt work.

And yeah, that dead right flipper is there for sure in 1 ball challanges.

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    Iím curious if the League Play is similar to the matchups of Bethesda Pinball. There you start at say 50,000th place and only advance a few hundred places regardless of your winning score. Itís not until getting close to 20,000th that you even see the scores start to increase. I havenít gotten there yet, but I have to believe the scores get more challenging once thereís only a couple thousand left. Unfortunately thatís a long grind before things get interesting. Do you Android players think this matches to your current experience with the beta? Or is it closer to what the matchups are in FX3 ( which I also stopped doing because of the sheer volume of grinding each cycle to maintain rank)
    Nothing like. You're playing "against" an opponent in a 3 minute game with unlimited ball save. The opponent's score keeps going up, and the higher the level of opponent (there can be a choice of 3, with the tables chosen randomly), the faster their score rises.

Problem is, their scoring rate is the same for every table. So for instance the Level 3 opponent will always finish up with 20-25M after 3 minutes.

Scoring more than 25M in 3 minutes on AFM is trivial.

Achieving the same on Junk Yard is nigh on impossible.

Beat the score and you get points toward your next rank. Lose and you lose points. Games are 25 tickets, you can reset the table choice for 50 tickets. Sometimes opponents are blacked out, I've not figured out why.

At the end of the league period, you get a mystery case based on your rank.

"You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    Nexus 5, Nexus 7, PC, iPad2, iPhone 4,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes opponents are blacked out, I've not figured out why.
    Opponents will be blacked out if that table isnt level 2 or higher. Once I got to level 2 on all the tables never saw a blacked out league opponent again.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob3d View Post
    Opponents will be blacked out if that table isnt level 2 or higher. Once I got to level 2 on all the tables never saw a blacked out league opponent again.
    That's how it's supposed to work but I have seen the issue Eldar is referring to. If you play a lot of league games in succession two of the options eventually become locked/blacked out, If you quit and restart the app they become available again.

Tried to play league mode this morning and it won't launch, it endlessly states 'Please Wait'. I'm not going to achieve Diamond III with these grinding delays!

My Devices
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so not much new with latest update........... Controls are still way to high for tablets. So no meaningful way to nudge. Dead flippers are still present but one ball challenge will tell the truth.
    Tournaments do award points now for me.
    How to control the plunger????
    And what about that auto plunge? In most cases it to weak. On HSG kickback sometimes doesn't even kick the ball out of left outline.

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
    so not much new with latest update........... Controls are still way to high for tablets. So no meaningful way to nudge. Dead flippers are still present but one ball challenge will tell the truth.
    Tournaments do award points now for me.
    How to control the plunger????
    And what about that auto plunge? In most cases it to weak. On HSG kickback sometimes doesn't even kick the ball out of left outline.
    I had the ball stuck in the lock in Black Rose today. Luckily already had scored enough to win the League match, but imagine if I hadn't!

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
    Not having issues with the HSG kickback so there's potentially an issue with different devices. That kickback is definitely more powerful on Arcade mode.

My problems are on Party Zone and Black Rose, the ball gets stuck and won't eject. I find the manual plunge on Black Rose a nightmare, it's impossible to determine how much power you're applying.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to see more contenders on the League mode leaderboard. I've finally achieved Diamond II but almost had a heart attack seeing the point requirements to reach that final goal. If anyone else is pursuing it you'll need an astonishing 29500 points! That's more than double what I've accumulated so far and greater than the top 3 leaders combined.
    Last edited by MBeeching; 02-18-2019 at 06:32 AM.

My Devices
    iOS, Android
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the announcement this morning from Zen mean that the Android version is out of beta? If so, the pricing (number of tickets etc.) has not changed from the beta, so to my understanding the prices (in tickets and coins) in Android are a lot higher than iOS for the same upgrades. Maybe there's another update coming or I need to uninstall/reinstall?

I also have never seen the "buy all tables for $20" offer come through, so possibly (hopefully?) there's something cached on my phone.

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgias32 View Post
    Does the announcement this morning from Zen mean that the Android version is out of beta? If so, the pricing (number of tickets etc.) has not changed from the beta, so to my understanding the prices (in tickets and coins) in Android are a lot higher than iOS for the same upgrades. Maybe there's another update coming or I need to uninstall/reinstall?

I also have never seen the "buy all tables for $20" offer come through, so possibly (hopefully?) there's something cached on my phone.
    Announcement?

My Devices
    iOS, Android
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Announcement?
    https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=8509

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The link in the blog post for Android still goes to the Beta.

My Devices
    iPhone XR, PC, Xbox 360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About the opinion of Android vs iOS unbalanced pricing: I'm on iOS, and I feel like it's a grind to get enough tickets. I currently have 835, and have to decide either to save up to 3000 to promote my MM to grade3, or spend the 750 to promote another table to grade2, knowing it took me a few days to get that many tickets!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast