Williams Pinball Android Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Opponents will be blacked out if that table isnt level 2 or higher. Once I got to level 2 on all the tables never saw a blacked out league opponent again.

That's how it's supposed to work but I have seen the issue Eldar is referring to. If you play a lot of league games in succession two of the options eventually become locked/blacked out, If you quit and restart the app they become available again.

Tried to play league mode this morning and it won't launch, it endlessly states 'Please Wait'. I'm not going to achieve Diamond III with these grinding delays! :eek:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
so not much new with latest update........... Controls are still way to high for tablets. So no meaningful way to nudge. Dead flippers are still present but one ball challenge will tell the truth.
Tournaments do award points now for me.
How to control the plunger????
And what about that auto plunge? In most cases it to weak. On HSG kickback sometimes doesn't even kick the ball out of left outline.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
so not much new with latest update........... Controls are still way to high for tablets. So no meaningful way to nudge. Dead flippers are still present but one ball challenge will tell the truth.
Tournaments do award points now for me.
How to control the plunger????
And what about that auto plunge? In most cases it to weak. On HSG kickback sometimes doesn't even kick the ball out of left outline.
I had the ball stuck in the lock in Black Rose today. Luckily already had scored enough to win the League match, but imagine if I hadn't!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018

Not having issues with the HSG kickback so there's potentially an issue with different devices. That kickback is definitely more powerful on Arcade mode.

My problems are on Party Zone and Black Rose, the ball gets stuck and won't eject. I find the manual plunge on Black Rose a nightmare, it's impossible to determine how much power you're applying.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Great to see more contenders on the League mode leaderboard. I've finally achieved Diamond II but almost had a heart attack seeing the point requirements to reach that final goal. If anyone else is pursuing it you'll need an astonishing 29500 points! That's more than double what I've accumulated so far and greater than the top 3 leaders combined.

Last edited:

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Does the announcement this morning from Zen mean that the Android version is out of beta? If so, the pricing (number of tickets etc.) has not changed from the beta, so to my understanding the prices (in tickets and coins) in Android are a lot higher than iOS for the same upgrades. Maybe there's another update coming or I need to uninstall/reinstall?

I also have never seen the "buy all tables for $20" offer come through, so possibly (hopefully?) there's something cached on my phone.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Does the announcement this morning from Zen mean that the Android version is out of beta? If so, the pricing (number of tickets etc.) has not changed from the beta, so to my understanding the prices (in tickets and coins) in Android are a lot higher than iOS for the same upgrades. Maybe there's another update coming or I need to uninstall/reinstall?

I also have never seen the "buy all tables for $20" offer come through, so possibly (hopefully?) there's something cached on my phone.

Announcement?

Lostboy

Oct 21, 2012
About the opinion of Android vs iOS unbalanced pricing: I'm on iOS, and I feel like it's a grind to get enough tickets. I currently have 835, and have to decide either to save up to 3000 to promote my MM to grade3, or spend the 750 to promote another table to grade2, knowing it took me a few days to get that many tickets!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
About the opinion of Android vs iOS unbalanced pricing: I'm on iOS, and I feel like it's a grind to get enough tickets. I currently have 835, and have to decide either to save up to 3000 to promote my MM to grade3, or spend the 750 to promote another table to grade2, knowing it took me a few days to get that many tickets!

Hold the phone...why were your ticket requirements different from mine? I’m on iOS and it was only 300 to promote to level 3. I know I’m not alone in that, but how many others out there on iOS are dealing with the inflated tickets that Android has too?

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hold the phone...why were your ticket requirements different from mine? I’m on iOS and it was only 300 to promote to level 3. I know I’m not alone in that, but how many others out there on iOS are dealing with the inflated tickets that Android has too?

I have Black Rose at level 1, and it’ll take me 750 tickets and 15 table parts to promote it to level 2 on iOS. Level 3 tables are 50 parts and 3000 tickets.

abouttreefitty

Apr 26, 2014
The unlocking requirements keep changing. Currently on iOS, to unlock level 4 it is 100 parts and 100 coins. Per table. That is INSANE.

Last week it was 20 parts to unlock level 4. I was 2 parts away from unlocking Fish Tales. Now I'm 82 parts away.

They still haven't readjusted the pricing in the store. It's 50 coins to purchase 5 table parts.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Looks like your prediction went the other way Chris. Instead of Android prices being changed to the iOS prices after the beta, it seems to be the opposite. If that's the case, consider yourself lucky. To be honest, I would have been surprised if unlocking all tables within 16 days like you did, was working as intended.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The unlocking requirements keep changing. Currently on iOS, to unlock level 4 it is 100 parts and 100 coins. Per table. That is INSANE.

Last week it was 20 parts to unlock level 4. I was 2 parts away from unlocking Fish Tales. Now I'm 82 parts away.

They still haven't readjusted the pricing in the store. It's 50 coins to purchase 5 table parts.
Welcome to Android pricing. It sucks.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Upgrade all your tables to Grade 2 and they will be available in daily challenges and league play and arcade play. Then climb the unobtanium ladder to three stars.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Looks like your prediction went the other way Chris. Instead of Android prices being changed to the iOS prices after the beta, it seems to be the opposite. If that's the case, consider yourself lucky. To be honest, I would have been surprised if unlocking all tables within 16 days like you did, was working as intended.
Cue Clash Royale grinding [MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION]s

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Did anyone unlock a reward for League Mode: Season 1? I wasted approximately 8000 tickets playing that yet received nothing in return.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Did anyone unlock a reward for League Mode: Season 1? I wasted approximately 8000 tickets playing that yet received nothing in return.
PinWiz had the same issue. You both better contact Zen support in have a rightful whinge about that because it's simply not fair.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

As Jared recommended, contact Zen through the app and let them know you didn't receive your reward for the last tournament. I contacted them and was compensated with Zen coins, tickets and table parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online