Williams Pinball Android Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
So, playing AFM this morning, trying to get the 10 star one-ball challenge, several times a flipper didn't respond/flip when I tapped the screen - I am on a Pixel XL, using touch controls.

At first I wasn't sure it was happening (thought I might have had my finger stray outside the tap zone), but after the third time it happened, I'm pretty sure it was real.

Every time it happened it caused me to drain, which is frustrating on a one-ball challenge when you are at 8 stars :)

EDIT: this just happened again, it seems to be predominantly the right flipper, although it infrequently does the left as well.

Last edited:

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
You can on the iOS build, so I assume you can here as well. Click on the gear icon (upper right), then go into arcade effects. You can choose to turn it off completely, or pick a value that they’ll appear at (100,000...). It used to drive me crazy, but now I like seeing the various points I’m awarded for actions on the table.

Cheers. I discovered it on my own....in the end ��

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
So, playing AFM this morning, trying to get the 10 star one-ball challenge, several times a flipper didn't respond/flip when I tapped the screen - I am on a Pixel XL, using touch controls.

At first I wasn't sure it was happening (thought I might have had my finger stray outside the tap zone), but after the third time it happened, I'm pretty sure it was real.

Every time it happened it caused me to drain, which is frustrating on a one-ball challenge when you are at 8 stars :)

EDIT: this just happened again, it seems to be the right flipper, although I am not certain that it has not also affected the left before.

Seems to be Left flipper on HSII. Definitely seems to freeze up on occasions. Also some odd 'sticky flipper' action on Right flipper too

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
1. When trying to get the free Ticket pack with 50 tickets for viewing an ad, I get an error:

Error [0:-10] in function vrtual bol CYAPZGSPurchaseSKUPlayAdProcess::OnWork(double) in src/Game/YAPStoreSKU.cpp at line 384

2. After having completed the first daily challenge I wanted to play another one with watching an ad. The game brings up the message "Please wait..." - nothing happens after that.

3. For some reason after a crash the game let me play another challenge. When trying to open the box at the end, the game crashed. This happened as well after the first challenge.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
When I enter into the tutorial I get to point where it shows you how to plunge the ball and then the game crashes.

Restarting the game and then re entering the tutorial allowed me to proceed to the very end of the tutorial. Game did not crash.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Now the app will not load. The Loading Bar is stuck at beginning.
Anyone else experiencing the same?

I take that back - Now loading - though much slower than before.
But loads to.......The Pillar! :(
I agree with you that the initial load time for the app is absolutely reminiscent of the app having crashed.

What I presume is happening in the background is that the game is hiding the usual Android extra resources download screen behind the loading bar.

once the game completed this early initial long loading sequence the game starts up pretty fast.

If my assumption is correct, I think we should have a different type of screen on first run explaining what's happening in the background so customers are not confused about what's going on and think the game has crashed.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
There is some unusual cross hatching on the instruction card underneath the menus. I've also noticed that is on the pricing card as well.
561338dc9b75fad443d5ca42b305a67c.jpg

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
That guest ID as a logged in user is very ugly. Why is it not either pulling my details from Google Play games or allowing me to edit that value?

I did notice that I was getting in-game server errors in Google Play games before which may be related to the problem.
f56f6b68f944537db397a553a7143878.jpg

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
As a user I have no idea what promote table means. Does it mean upgrade table?

As a user I would definitely not spend 150 in game credits on it before understanding fully what it does.

If it is indeed "upgrade table", shouldn't we just call it that?
2db792de54bb7cf3783a72bed6762ca5.jpg

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
There looks like there are other surfaces affected by the masking or horizontal lines issue. Pop bumpers and ramps on this angle.

Is it problems with aliasing?
d0a2ec4eee18244abb142c6a688f5333.jpg

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
When you start the game on a Pixel XL 3 the menu floats in the upper third of the screen.

When I switch over to another Android app, the Exit menu overlay triggers. When I switch back to WP the menu is positioned correctly.
a03514892023ef649df0d1728cf97de0.jpg

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'm just getting internal server error on basically any store-driven purchase I try to make. The same goes for any game-related currency feature.

It's anyone else experiencing this?

It's making the game unplayable. I can only look and interact at the interface level of the game.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and I'm using Google Play Games as required. I have a strong 4g connection on my Pixel XL 2.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm just getting internal server error on basically any store-driven purchase I try to make. The same goes for any game-related currency feature.

It's anyone else experiencing this?

It's making the game unplayable. I can only look and interact at the interface level of the game.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and I'm using Google Play Games as required. I have a strong 4g connection on my Pixel XL 2.

I was getting that. Then I uninstalled and re-installed and it was working. Seems to be working fine right now. Pixel 3 XL.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I was getting that. Then I uninstalled and re-installed and it was working. Seems to be working fine right now. Pixel 3 XL.
I only uninstalled the original "pillar" build this morning and did a full reinstall.

I also just cleared the cache with no change in behaviour.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Nope, full uninstall.

Full reinstall over WiFi.

Same behaviour.

Unplayable for me on the Pixel XL 3

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I think anytime the phone times itself out and goes to sleep, connection issues come up and eventually lead to a crash.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm having trouble with the connection to Google Play Games, but only on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S2) and not my 'phone (Pixel 3 XL). Gonna try clearing the cache on my tablet, see if that helps any.

Nov 18, 2016
Okay, the download link was there just now. I got the beta installed and everything seems to be working.

Now, I know people have already been discussing WP for weeks and weeks. Discussions that I stayed out of purely because I had no new Android app in front of me to discuss. So, forgive me if I raise a (now) old complaint that's already been hashed out to death, but...

This whole thing is needlessly complicated with the promoting, tickets, tokens, parts, levels, etc etc. It's *pinball*! It's just bloody *pinball*! Let me log on and play some games that I've paid for. Simple. Easy. All these endless little in-app purchases and steps are micro-managing all the fun out of what should be a basic pleasure.

I'll go back to the app again soon, but that's my initial reaction. This chaotic bureaucracy of options is going to scare off gamers. TPA has a simple model. So does Zen. Why not here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.