Williams Pinball Android Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
One star upgrade only does one thing - it makes the table eligible to appear in the "basic challenges" in the daily challenges section.

You need to unlock to two stars in order to be able to play arcade mode.

I agree that this is very unclear, I had the same frustration during the iOS beta - there's definitely a probability that a lot of casual users will unlock their first table, then get one star on the second, realize they still can't play it in arcade mode, and then uninstall.

Not sure how to ramp this up better. Maybe one star could unlock a "5 minute demo game", or possibly a score-limited game or a "5 star survival" in arcade mode? Just so you get something for the 1 star unlock. At the end of the limited game, it could pop up a dialog saying "upgrade to 2 stars to get the full arcade experience" etc.

TimeWalker

Apr 27, 2018
Shouldn't basic challenge be available at 1*?
I promoted almost all tables to 1*, but I can still only access Black Rose the table I first unlocked when first starting the game which is at 2*'s. How do you access basic challenge?

It's randomized. The new table is now in the random pool so any time you rotate it can rotate the challenge type as well as the table you're playing on.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
It's randomized. The new table is now in the random pool so any time you rotate it can rotate the challenge type as well as the table you're playing on.
I think the randomise might be broken then, as all I ever get is the first table I unlocked.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Cheers Gorgias - yeah agreed. The current system is very counter intuitive. Your proposal sounds good.

I keep thinking there should also be a way to try pro physics without paying upfront or promoting to 4*. I reckon a one off trial might inspire a few to purchase.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
/I haven't actually seen any freezing flippers on either huawei p20 pro, or nvidia shield k1 tablet.
/
I think someone's got back re. the upgrade stuff.

VERY interesting re. the flipper freeze.
Those two devices are pretty high end-whilst my phone's a budget/mid one. I see others are experiencing freezing too.

Must admit I've seen it more in AFM than on PZ - but only just unlocked PZ so hardly really played.

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I’m curious how everything will work with 15 tables, or 20. Collecting the parts will become harder and harder as more tables are released. Also, what happens when you get parts for things you’ve already unlocked?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
/I haven't actually seen any freezing flippers on either huawei p20 pro, or nvidia shield k1 tablet.
/
I think someone's got back re. the upgrade stuff.

VERY interesting re. the flipper freeze.
Those two devices are pretty high end-whilst my phone's a budget/mid one. I see others are experiencing freezing too.

Must admit I've seen it more in AFM than on PZ - but only just unlocked PZ so hardly really played.
The only table I can play at the moment is Black Rose, so I don't know if that's a factor re laggy flippers?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
It looks like the Basic Challenge is always randomly chosen from your unlocked Level 1+ tables, so it will always be available.

The higher-level challenges will randomly pick any table, even ones you've not unlocked to Level 2+. Right now I have 2 Level 2 tables (AFM & MM - just unlocked yesterday) so I've got a better shot at getting 2 challenges available instead of 1.

With the Level 2+ challenges needing coins to reset instead of tickets, most people will probably only play them once per day (and you still need a watch a movie to get into them).

Just as well the Super Bowl was dire. Spent the entire second half working to unlock that second star for MM!

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I've just reset the daily challenge (spent the 25 tokens) and it has randomly selected AFM which is only a 1* table for me.

Maybe reset forces the randomise? It was always picking my 2* table previously.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I've just reset the daily challenge (spent the 25 tokens) and it has randomly selected AFM which is only a 1* table for me.

Maybe reset forces the randomise? It was always picking my 2* table previously.

I think you've just been unlucky? Before I unlocked 2* MM, yesterday I had all tables 1* except AFM as 2*; and it was randomly picking from all my tables for the basic challenge. (Annoyingly, a lot of Black Rose, which is quite tricky for any of the challenge modes.) IIRC I played AFM, JY, BRose, PZ. FT, MM, HS2 didn't get picked yesterday.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Chiming in to say I am also getting flipper freeze in all tables on a Pixel 3XL. It was only occasionally when I first started, but now that I've unlocked more tables I'm seeing it happen multiple times per game now. Truly sucks during the advanced 1 ball challenge, having to watch that 30 second ad again and again just because of a misfire.

abouttreefitty

Apr 26, 2014
Regarding the dead flipper, this happens on my iPhone 7 as well. I experienced this on The Pinball Arcade on iOS as well, but the issue is worse here. This is a multitouch issue. It happens when there are two touches registered at the same time. There are certain spots that if you’re touching and holding on one side that a touch on the other side won’t register. You can test this by holding a ball in one flipper and then touching the other flipper in various spots. You’ll find certain spots that are dead zones.

The Pinball Arcade developer said this issue could not be fixed. I’m learning to play with my thumbs in different spots to avoid the dead zones.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Is there a level cap? Seem to be stuck at level 15. I'm out of coins and levelling up is the most reliable way of getting them.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'm at level 21 and still progressing. I also have all 7 tables at 2 stars which means I have unlimited play on Arcade mode for each table. Not bad for an hour or two each day for the past week.

...and I haven't spent a single penny.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
iOS version, 5 of 7 tables 3 starred, one being 2 parts away from 4 stars. Only playing daily challenge, not advancing the 24 hour cycle. I too have not spent one dime, nor have I used Zen coins to buy anything. It’s been one week.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Regarding the dead flipper, this happens on my iPhone 7 as well. I experienced this on The Pinball Arcade on iOS as well, but the issue is worse here. This is a multitouch issue. It happens when there are two touches registered at the same time. There are certain spots that if you’re touching and holding on one side that a touch on the other side won’t register. You can test this by holding a ball in one flipper and then touching the other flipper in various spots. You’ll find certain spots that are dead zones.

The Pinball Arcade developer said this issue could not be fixed. I’m learning to play with my thumbs in different spots to avoid the dead zones.

If this is true, that it cannot be fixed.
Should there not be an indication of where you can safely flip. A slight clouding, or something unobtrusive?
On another Controls point. Does anyone else find Zen's plunger an uglier, and less accurate, solution than FS' ?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
iOS version, 5 of 7 tables 3 starred, one being 2 parts away from 4 stars. Only playing daily challenge, not advancing the 24 hour cycle. I too have not spent one dime, nor have I used Zen coins to buy anything. It’s been one week.
It's worth pointing out that the leveling and unlocks vs awards granted are heavily unbalanced on Android at the moment.

Third level unlocks appear to be 3000 tickets. Which is really quite preposterous. That's a pile of grinding.

Do not be tempted to purchase anything at this stage. I've got a feeling that the value you receive from purchased currency is going to be leveled in line with iOS once the Android app is properly released.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
for those that also beta tested on iOS. How do you find the comparison graphically? On my iPhone 8 the colours are more vibrant and lighting appears better than on my Xiaomi Mi A1. Not sure if this is down to the hardware or application differences? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.