Easy Score a 250K Launch Bonus Wizard Goal!

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
I was surprised to see no discussion on this particular wizard goal. I found this to be the toughest goal on the table. The challenge here is really finding a consistent way to hit the left inlane. I found a few deflection techniques using the center Rescue targets or shots that bounce off the tips of the upper flippers, but these were very inconsistent and tough to repeat, at least for me. I noticed that when the ball launches into the right lock, if you hold the lower left flipper after the ball passed the upper left flipper, the ball bonces high enough to clear the flipper slingshot and some well-timed nudging will tip the ball into the left inlane! You can repeat this technique by shooting the Launch up-kicker. When the up-kicker sends the ball to the left lock instead, you just hold the upper right flipper and let the ball drop down for a simple dead pass and trap. Keep hitting the launch up-kicker for as many tries as you need. You will likely get some other deflections that send the ball to the left inlane as well. You can see in the video I missed quite a few of those! :-/ One thing to note with going for this goal is that if the ball uses the kicker in the left outlane, make sure you relight it immediately! It's quite simple to relight and it's a very useful safety net! They key to this wizard goal is ball control and patience. Hopefully this tip for hitting the left inlane is helpful! It took me quite a while of experimenting to find a reliable way to hit that inlane.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
when it launches from the left, you can leave the flippers down til it passes the upper right flipper. it will bounce into the RIGHT inlane 100%. you then shoot the kill shot dead center, and it will rebound onto a raised left flipper, and roll up the inlane and hit the switch. you can then shoot the launch off of that. no nudge required.

blkhwks19

Jan 13, 2018
What makes it launch from the left vs right? It seems random to me. I can restart the game if the first launch goes into the left, but after scoring the 1st launch bonus it has yet to launch into the right. You got 3 in a row that way, so it must be random if I'm not able to repeat that?

when it launches from the left, you can leave the flippers down til it passes the upper right flipper. it will bounce into the RIGHT inlane 100%. you then shoot the kill shot dead center, and it will rebound onto a raised left flipper, and roll up the inlane and hit the switch. you can then shoot the launch off of that. no nudge required.

Tried the left method too, and you're right, up until the kill shot dead center. Much easier said than done, I'm always off center a bit so never get the ricochet angle I need....

Last edited:

Members online

Members online