Master List of Issues -- Williams Pinball

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
I have seen the top right flipper in The Getaway start to flap about at odd angles during a long playing session, as if the mount for the flipper's pivot had broken, but the solenoid was still working, although that was on my Xbox One. I had to come right out of the game and reload to get that to start working properly too.

Same problem on Steam with Getaway, Black Rose, and SafeCracker or White Water (only once)

mLKu441.jpg

Last edited:

Echeos

Jun 5, 2013
Is anyone having a problem with AFM where the left flipper is permanently pressed? Does anyone even post here anymore?!? :D

Echeos

Jun 5, 2013
Of course, as soon as I post that, the issue goes away!

It just seemed very quiet in the forum in general. Thanks for the speedy response!

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Said unusually powerful nudges in Black Rose and Party Zone lead to nasty consequences. This score exploit, at 15:50 in the below video, is one of them and should not happen on a real machine. Zen, please update these tables ASAP and prompt a leaderboard reset. (Unless you're waiting to upgrade the flipper physics. Get the fixes in once that happens.)

Possible solutions:

* Invisible barrier guarding the balls, when multiball starts, until you plunge the ball completely past the gate. The barrier should not allow any balls to be nudged past the switch(es) that are occupied. Reinstate the barrier if you drain the ball without hitting any switches, rinse and repeat. The barrier should not be inaccessible during any new ball. Barrier location is also determined by how multiball is started:

** 2-ball, 1 locked in the cove: Ball should not go past the Lockup 1 switch, #63 in the manual, section 2-42.

** 3-ball, 2 locked in the cove: Balls should not go past/leave either switches, including the Lockup 2 switch, #64 in the manual, section #2-42.

** Instant Multiball, toggled as a reward from the Broadside / Level 5 Cannon Award: Barrier as a 2-ball, just in case.

Do NOT do:

* Autoplunge the ball when Multiball is activated. There is no autoplunger in this game and it should not apply to any of these modes affected.

Last edited:

Echeos

Jun 5, 2013
What are people doing in instances where they complete a daily challenge but don’t get rewarded?

The suitcase comes up but you get stuck in a Fetching data... loop and eventually have to quit. Is the only option to live with it?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
What are people doing in instances where they complete a daily challenge but don’t get rewarded?

The suitcase comes up but you get stuck in a Fetching data... loop and eventually have to quit. Is the only option to live with it?

Yep, I just live with it.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Adding in:

Creature:

Physical lamps on RESCUE and MULTIBALL RESTART are swapped. Actual lights when flashing are in the correct placements.

ATARI

May 13, 2014
Any news when issues to be fixed. Top right flipper Black Rose angle out and then disappears, Right flipper on Cirqus Voltaire angle goes out.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
havnt played the andoid version in a while but jumped back in during the lock down... what do blank table peices do? are those like wild cards or is it just a glitch. more often then not when opening cases it shows a blank icon above the table peices number

ATARI

May 13, 2014
Any news when issues to be fixed. Top right flipper Black Rose angle out and then disappears, Right flipper on Cirqus Voltaire angle goes out. Played Jurassic World upper right flipper angle goes out.. Played on xbox one

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Adding in on RoadShow:

The entry gate at the left ramp has too small of a window or has a very bad detection system and can't be toggled at times when the ball goes up that ramp. Diverter at the left ramp can be wonky because of this, and can cause unnecessary drains for Flying Rocks.

That being said, I find it EXTREMELY odd that Williams Mobile has several updates to existing tables while FX3 doesn't have them yet. I mainly play these on PC. Please update these ASAP on all platforms.
[MENTION=7660]deep[/MENTION] [MENTION=7438]McLovin[/MENTION] I encourage you guys to keep track of the issues on the first post of this thread.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Adding in on White Water:

Nudging the machine can spot the No Way Out hazard, if 1 or 2 balls are locked.

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
Multiball Score Bonus development bug/exploit

#1 Play in single player mode
#2 Start multiball once
#3 Pause
#4 Exit to Single Player
#5 Start Single Player again
#6 Select "Continue"
#7 goto #3 (until Multiball Score Bonus is maxed out)

I don't know if it is a bug or a feature (bug I guess), but you can easily upgrade MB bonus to the maximum without having to start MB several times. Start MB once only and follow the sequence above in order to max it out in a couple of minutes. :)
I tried it on both PS4 and steam, williams and original. All the same.

PS4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS7DEyXwuos
Steam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdL473rzyLA

Mar 9, 2012
Multiball Score Bonus development bug/exploit

#1 Play in single player mode
#2 Start multiball once
#3 Pause
#4 Exit to Single Player
#5 Start Single Player again
#6 Select "Continue"
#7 goto #3 (until Multiball Score Bonus is maxed out)

I don't know if it is a bug or a feature (bug I guess), but you can easily upgrade MB bonus to the maximum without having to start MB several times. Start MB once only and follow the sequence above in order to max it out in a couple of minutes. :)
I tried it on both PS4 and steam, williams and original. All the same.

PS4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS7DEyXwuos
Steam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdL473rzyLA

Wow.. you try this with the other upgrades?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Adding in, tournament settings:

White Water:

Classic Arcade/Tournament: Ball doesn't have enough speed from No Way Out kickout to make the grace period for any Multiball jackpot shots.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
[MENTION=7438]McLovin[/MENTION] Volume 6 Issues:

General:

• Alphanumerics on the HUD are unusually larger in size than DMD's.
    [*]All Volume 6 tables' ROM audio are linked to the SFX slider.
Dr. Dude:

• Magnetic Personality magnet is EXTREMELY powerful. I've had a ball get magnetized from a trap on the right flipper. I highly recommend limiting the range of the magnet to only Magnetic Personality.
    [*]Music played while either pausing or in Attract Mode appears again after the game ends.
FunHouse:

• Missing audio channel for the percussion portion of the music, leaving the Million Plus/High Score light sequence heavily botched. The match sequence is also affected by this, if a high score is achieved.
    [*]Similar issue with the GI that's happening on Theatre of Magic, and similarly on other tables before they got patched. Needs to be more like Dr. Dude and Space Station in how they flash.
    [*]Secondary plunger can't make it up all the way around the Superdog lane, Classic Single Player. (EDIT: It's a >60 FPS issue.)
    [*]Holding up the flipper after a successful Trap Door loop will cause the ball to make it in the Trap Door, for the first time. Classic Arcade.
    [*]Typo in the "LITE EXTRA BALL" insert on the set of Gangway Award lights -- as "LITE EXRA BALL". Said insert is also supposed to be red instead of orange.
    [*]Non-enhancement side walls on the inside of the cabinet are supposed to be blue instead of black.
Space Station:

• Typo, "completing", in the table guide under Stop & Score.
    [*]Some audio sounds are still popping, specifically during the starting sequence for multiball.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online