My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Master List of Issues -- Williams Pinball

Just to keep track of issues that Zen might or might not be aware about. Most of these issues will not necessarily be harmful to gameplay itself (most of the time), but the tables are not necessarily 100% accurately emulated from the ROM onto the table. Feel free to ask questions about any issue that I initially reported on, or if there are any clarifications needed for said issue. Will mainly keep track based on FX3.

As of Williams Volume 5, December 10:

General:

• Not necessarily a bug, but would it help to include an Operator's Menu specifically for debugging Williams tables?
    • Manual plungers need mouse support -- click and drag. Oddly enough, FX2 had this feature.
    • Pre-DCS Sound games: Too many audio or sound outputs can either cause a change in music or a loss of an audio channel, the latter requiring a ball drain to completely restore. Relevant in Getaway and Party Zone.
    • Mobile: Manual plungers, when pulled at full strength quickly, doesn't make the specified targets at times. See: Theatre of Magic and Black Rose ramps.
    • Check the dates on each Williams table, as they're not in line with the current date and times of today.
    • Somehow, after playing RoadShow, I feel that the fading sound effects are reversed. The sound effects that are supposed to fade (ie the inlanes on Roadshow, flying saucer during the Match sequence on AFM, etc.) are getting louder instead of softer until we can't hear it anymore. Could this be why the ROMs are so quiet?

Attack From Mars:

• GI lights in the inlane plastics tied to a backbox insert, instead of them tied to the Lower Playfield GI. Refer to the GI section in the Operator Menu.
    • GI lights in the backbox or playfield don't fade at all -- they simply have on/off states. There should be states between the 1st and 8th iterations that allow for fading GI during certain events like Multiball and lowering a saucer shield.
    • Mobile: Total Annihilation martians display the "censored" animation with the martian still intact, blinking his eyes after being fired on.

Black Rose:

• GI lights in the backbox or playfield simply have on/off states. There should be states between the 1st and 8th iterations that allow for different stages of GI light settings during certain events like Sinking a Ship, playing a Video Mode, or loading the Cannon.
    • GI lights may not be in the correct strings. Note how the middle playfield is lit during Video Modes -- they look like they're a part of the backglass.
    • If enhancements are toggled off, they are not fully turned off. If one starts a game with enhancements turned off, the sound effects from the enhancements still play.
    • If the Left Ramp is made followed by a side ramp shot, the side ramp might not be registered and will instead restart the Locker Doubled sequence from the Left Ramp.
    • Nudging is unusually stronger in Classic Single Player (both setups) to allow for Death Saves and other exploits.
    • Mobile: Check the strength of the Cannon kicker. It might be too weak to make the ball go up ramps or even up to the Broadside.
    • Mobile: GI fades instead of flashes like the others, apart from Theatre of Magic.
    • Powerups: Multiball Scoring isn't turned off when going back to single ball play. Happens on any game mode with powerups.

Cirqus Voltaire:

• Timed Challenges: Game can get stuck after 1st phase of Join the Cirqus or after Ringmaster Battle, when a player wins. All the balls have to drain by its design; FX3 is preventing this.
    • Table Guide/Wizard Mode: There are 4 stages, not 5.

Champion Pub:

• Mobile: Boxer order is always the same.

Creature From the Black Lagoon:

• Physical lamps on RESCUE and MULTIBALL RESTART are swapped. Actual lights when flashing are in the correct placements.

Fish Tales:

• Playfield GI underneath the plastics is actually tied to any or all three backbox GI locations. Refer to the Operator Menu. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZJXiJH5uhM
    • Backbox GI is not tied to the ROM emulation. It's just there, lit, and not interacting at all.

Junk Yard:

• A hard shot up the middle shot can trigger multiple hits on that lane if the ball rolls back far enough to reach it. Traditional Zen physics only?
    • On the enhanced table version the screws on the roof of the magic bus are not animated with the bus when the bus moves. Fixed on Williams Mobile.

Getaway: High Speed II:

• Flashers on the Supercharger don't have a strobe effect from left to right. Fixed on Williams Mobile.
    • Left slingshot and left inlane plastic GI is either dimmed or non-existent.
    • Mobile: Supercharger light on the left ramp appears warm white rather than yellow.
    • Check the GI. Seems like during the Multiball Start sequence, the GI flashes all at once instead of having two separate strings. https://youtu.be/Dhk6rcqi128?t=333

Hurricane:

• Ball can get stuck at the entrance to the dual Ferris Wheels (entering the blue one). Classic Arcade.

Medieval Madness:

• Uncensored version: Video mode still says "1 Child Taken" instead of "1 Child Eaten". Fixed on Williams Mobile.

Monster Bash:

• Nothing to report for now.

No Good Gofers:

• A little bit of detection issues with the left ramp switches (Bud included?) and the entire subway. Had 2 balls out during a non-multiball setting. Seems to be rare, though.

Party Zone:

• GI lights in the backbox or playfield don't fade at all -- they simply have on/off states. There should be states between the 1st and 8th iterations that allow for different stages of GI light settings during certain events like Laff Attack, making an Ozone ramp shot, and the Big Bang. Applies to the Red set of GI lamps underneath the plastics as well.
    • Some DMD animations remain censored if the table is uncensored -- specifically the DRINK mugs on the DMD.
    • Plastic above the Back-2-Bop lane is not clear.
    • Nudging is unusually stronger in Classic Single Player (both setups) to allow for Death Saves.
    • Mobile: Screws on bumper caps seem to be duplicated, one set moves down with the pop cap when the bumper solenoid activates but another set of screws stays floating in place.

RoadShow:

• Typo in "Thanx" as "Thannx" for the Ted voice on the playfield artwork, located below the right flipper.
    • Ball can get stuck between Ted's open jaw and the piece leading to the scoop.
    • The left Bridge Out ramp, when diverted to the left inlane, doesn't hit the left inlane switch for another Bridge Out at the right ramp. Diverter at the left ramp can be wonky because of this.

Safe Cracker:

• Views 1 and 2 seem to be very similar.
    • Is the vari target difficult to push and successfully break through into the Cellar?
    • EXTREMELY delayed response time to the ROM from the Wheel. Even on hard spins. NOTE: Turn off Vsync on FX3 for this to be resolved.
    • VAULT letters don't carry from game to game.
    • No separate leaderboards for Assault on the Vault.

Tales of the Arabian Nights:

• Plunger is too strong, sometimes leading the ball back to the plunger lane at full power.
    • Not sure if the magnet is supposed to act randomly after starting a tale, when it shows the instructions on completing such tale. I've seen it on some machines, and some not.
    • Camera directly warping to the Lock area while the ball gets magnetized can throw players off.

Theatre of Magic:

• Habitrail switch feeding into the right inlane does not toggle if the ball makes it all the way around the left orbit.
    • Check the jet bumper animations -- one bumper animates another.
    • Check also the GI lights underneath the plastics -- they should have set stages and not gradual fading. Black Rose on mobile also has this issue.
    • When the ball gets magnetized in the Spirit Ring from the Right Ramp, it's not visible from the top once held by the magnet.
    • Tuning needed for the post between the right ramp and the right mini-loop, Classic Arcade. Fixed on Williams Mobile.
    • Gate from the right orbit (NOT the one guarding the habitrail directly north) is supposed to be one-way. The ball should be fed into the jets and not down the right orbit itself, if the ball fails to make it up the habitrail from the left orbit.
    • Grand Finale glowing enhancements (red, green, blue glowing) around the center ramp are still there even while enhancements are disabled.
    • "March" in the table flythrough has a lowercase "m".

White Water:

• Camera movements during Multiball for the Upper Playfield and Whirlpool, if enhancements are enabled. This is a big problem. Fixed on Williams Mobile.
    • Music/sounds: Cymbals/hi-hat portions sound more like "dings" than actual cymbals. http://www.cgmusic.net/archives.html
    Last edited by Pinballwiz45b; 03-24-2020 at 08:35 PM.

Zen Studios Employee
    My Devices
    PS4, iOS
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for submitting this Wiz, great list.

My Devices
    Samsungy Galaxy S5, S7 edge, PC
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Junkyard (at least on iOS and purely cosmetic):
    On the enhanced table version the screws on the roof of the magic bus are not animated with the bus when the bus moves.

Party Zone (at least on iOS and purely cosmetic):
    Screws on bumper caps seem to be duplicated, one set moves down with the pop cap when the bumper solenoid activates but another set of screws stays floating in place.

My Devices
    PC, Oculus Rift, Nintendo Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getaway: High Speed II
    Supercharger ready light appears warm white rather than yellow.

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lio View Post
    Junkyard (at least on iOS and purely cosmetic):
    On the enhanced table version the screws on the roof of the magic bus are not animated with the bus when the bus moves.

Party Zone (at least on iOS and purely cosmetic):
    Screws on bumper caps seem to be duplicated, one set moves down with the pop cap when the bumper solenoid activates but another set of screws stays floating in place.
    Can confirm Party Zone, need to upgrade Junk Yard to Level 3 for confirmation. Will put it in just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by MBeeching View Post
    Getaway: High Speed II
    Supercharger ready light appears warm white rather than yellow.
    Can confirm on mobile.

EDIT: Added an issue pertaining to the left ramp and side ramp on Black Rose.
    Last edited by Pinballwiz45b; 02-28-2019 at 07:43 AM.

Zen Studios Employee
    My Devices
    PS4, iOS
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, Party Zone duplicate screws are of particular interest to me. No bug is okay, but this one is what I like to call a fun bug.

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Added issues pertaining to nudge strength on Black Rose and Party Zone, Classic Single Player, both physics settings.

Apologies again for the late additions; I think of these issues but usually forget about them

EDIT: One more, regarding audio on pre-DCS sound games, highlighted in General.
    Last edited by Pinballwiz45b; 03-05-2019 at 04:35 PM.

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Williams Volume 3 bug list additions: (Some might be taken as notes, like those pertaining to ROM state.)

Theatre of Magic:
    Habitrail switch feeding into the right inlane does not toggle if the ball makes it all the way around the left orbit.
    Check the jet bumper animations -- one bumper animates another.
    Check also the GI lights underneath the plastics -- they should have set stages and not gradual fading. Black Rose on mobile also has this issue.
    When the ball gets magnetized in the Spirit Ring from the Right Ramp, it's not visible from the top once held by the magnet.

Safe Cracker:
    Views 1 and 2 seem to be very similar.
    Board game lighting issue: Leftmost Candy 2000 and Cyber Dog light colors are swapped. Candy 2000 is supposed to be Yellow and the Cyber Dog is supposed to be red.
    Is the vari target difficult to push and successfully break through?
    EXTREMELY delayed response time to the ROM from the Wheel. Even on hard spins.
    VAULT letters don't carry from game to game.
    No separate leaderboards for Assault on the Vault?

Champion Pub:

Jump rope inconsistencies on classic?
    Just had a ball sent FLYING off by a mechanical fist during a Fight.
    Boxer order is always the same?

--------------------------

As far as fixes, I'll check them out when I get back home. I confirmed Black Rose's enhancement fix during the beta but I am not sure if that made it in the new release.
    Last edited by Pinballwiz45b; 03-19-2019 at 10:19 AM.

My Devices
    iPad mini 4, iPhone 5s (iOS 12.3.1), PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Theatre of Magic on Zen Pinball 2 (macOS at least), the textures for the "Drama Masks" (upper right of table), both on the table and in the mirror reflection are not correct if the "Visual Quality" for the table is set to "Standard". What is shown on the table are the mask textures but with a solid yellow blob around them (no transparency). The mirrored reflection shown is just a solid yellow blob with no mask texture at all and no transparency. This seems a bit extreme if this severe reduction of quality on this one part of the table was used to reduce detail to gain performance. I've seen nothing of this sort of drastic-ness on any previous Williams Pinball table for Zen Pinball 2.

If the "Visual Quality" is set to "Enhanced", the textures and transparencies on the table and mirrored reflection are correct.

EDIT:
    Having just downloaded/installed the iOS version of Williams Pinball, Theatre of Magic has the exact same issue I mentioned above.
    Last edited by MadScience2006; 03-19-2019 at 04:57 PM.

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Utterly trivial typos, but may as well get added to the list - Champion Pub and Theatre of Magic have first letter of month of release as lower case rather than upper case in the bit with the history before starting a game.

My Devices
    PC, Oculus Rift, Nintendo Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Champion Pub - Various grammatical errors

No Fear™ - Both words should be capitalised

'The Champion Pub was released in April, 1998 and were produced 1369 units.'

'...and a speed bag mini playfield where plastic fists are punching the ball'

Unconfirmed issues
    Champion Pub - If you shoot a ball up the balcony ramp during a fight it is possible to trigger a punch on the boxer (This has only occurred once so far).

Theatre of Magic - Using Tournament settings it is possible for a fast ball to go missing in the orbit (not Vanish feature). A new ball will spawn eventually.
    Last edited by MBeeching; 03-19-2019 at 04:34 PM.

My Devices
    iOS (iPhone 8), Steam (W10), Switch, Xbox One
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ANYTHING that carries over from game to game, like the Jackpots in Party Zone and Black Rose, and the VAULT letters in Safe Cracker, gets reset everytime. The only thing that sticks are the secondary initial high scores (loop champion, etc).

Another thing that bothers me is that the time machine in Junk Yard always starts on December 14, 2018. It should be the current day.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Champion Pub skillshot upgrade bug?

Is this a bug or my mistake? Anyone able to upgrade the skillshot for Champion Pub on Steam? I've unlocked this by accident. Don't ask me how. Is there a relieable way to reach level 10?

My Devices
    PS4 (TPA, PFX3); Switch (Zaccaria)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarek Oberdieck View Post

Is this a bug or my mistake? Anyone able to upgrade the skillshot for Champion Pub on Steam? I've unlocked this by accident. Don't ask me how. Is there a relieable way to reach level 10?
    Not a bug! You need to aim for the 'M' (1 million).

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Not a bug! You need to aim for the 'M' (1 million).
    Thanks, that worked. I think it should mentioned in the table guide.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theatre of Magic:
    In classic singleplayer/tournament settings: When shooting the orbit around the trunk from left side the ball always exits towards the left flipper. Watching several videos of the table on Youtube this never happens on a real table.
    Spacies arcade also commented on this in his first look Strangely in normal single player the ball always exits to the right flipper.

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarek Oberdieck View Post

Haven't got to level 10 yet, but when equipped its not working in single ball challenge - hit M and it scores 1M when its not equipped, and 1M when it is equipped - haven't played the other types of challenge yet, I've been running Safe Cracker more - interesting, I found out its possible to win more than 1 token in a single game in 5 minute challenge after taking about 2 hours to get the first token!

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Adding the following:

Theatre:

Gate from right orbit isn't one-way. The ball should be fed into the jets and not down the right orbit itself, if the ball fails to make it up the habitrail.
    Grand Finale glowing enhancements (red, green, blue glowing) around the center ramp are still there even while enhancements are disabled.

Safe Cracker:

Ball can bounce off the gates at the top lanes at unusually high speeds. https://clips.twitch.tv/WimpyBlazingCatPunchTrees
    Last edited by Pinballwiz45b; 03-25-2019 at 06:53 PM.

My Devices
    iOS, PS3, PS4, Kindle Fire HD
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Theatre of Magic on iOS, is anyone else having issues with the plunger? It seems to be way too weak. Sometimes it takes a good 5 tries to get the ball onto the playfield.

My Devices
    iTouch,New New iPad, iPad Air, Steam
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abouttreefitty View Post
    On Theatre of Magic on iOS, is anyone else having issues with the plunger? It seems to be way too weak. Sometimes it takes a good 5 tries to get the ball onto the playfield.
    Yes

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm on Android and have had a similar problem as well with manual plungers. You probably need to wait a second for the plunger to extend all the way, but that should not be needed.

Will add this regardless.

My Devices
    Mi Pad 4 Plus, Xperia XZ2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tho whole plunging thing is kinda broken on android. Theres no way of knowing how hard the plunge will be. Some skillshots are pure luck.
    Dear FS, Special Force and Radical, please.

My Devices
    PC, Android (Moto One Vision)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black Rose

Lock kickout on Mobile is too weak to reliably clear out a single ball in all play modes.

Party Zone
    Supersonic Comic/Party Guests VUK and Rock-It/Ozone Kicker too weak to reliably clear balls. In multiball, the latter leads to multiple retriggers of the jackpot award, overly high scores and in many cases a crash of the emulated table.

My Devices
    Ipad Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elcondor View Post
    Black Rose

Lock kickout on Mobile is too weak to reliably clear out a single ball in all play modes.

Party Zone
    Supersonic Comic/Party Guests VUK and Rock-It/Ozone Kicker too weak to reliably clear balls. In multiball, the latter leads to multiple retriggers of the jackpot award, overly high scores and in many cases a crash of the emulated table.
    On iOS there's a problem with the center kicker. Several times the ball has missed everything and just drained down the left side.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elcondor View Post
    Black Rose

Party Zone
    Quote Originally Posted by 1adam12 View Post
    On iOS there's a problem with the center kicker. Several times the ball has missed everything and just drained down the left side.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    I've not had a problem with those yet. Will keep an eye on those.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast