Stuck in demo mode

Atariboy

May 31, 2018
Bought the season 4 pass for the PS4 before the Williams/Bally license went away. This season was cross-buy and I "bought" each free season 4 table at the time on the PS3 and grabbed the PS3 Pinball Arcade demo.

Finally got around to downloading and installing the demo tonight, updated it, and downloaded my 10 tables. But instead of unlocking them as I thought would happen as I downloaded each table, I still just have demos and nothing is showed as owned.

What should I do to fix this? Not too important with a PS4, but I would like the option when playing PS3 games to play some pinball from time to time. So ideally I'd like to get this rectified.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2012
Bought the season 4 pass for the PS4 before the Williams/Bally license went away. This season was cross-buy and I "bought" each free season 4 table at the time and grabbed the Pinball Arcade demo. Nothing else was free.

Finally got around to downloading and installing the 3 gig demo tonight, updated it, and downloaded my 10 tables. But instead of unlocking them as I thought would happen as I downloaded each table, I still just have demos and nothing is showed as owned.

What should I do to fix this? Not too important with a PS4, but I would like the option when playing PS3 games to play some pinball from time to time. So ideally I'd like to get this rectified.

PS3 and PS4 have never been cross-buy.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Just woke up and started gettin baked... i have reread this sentence about 10 times "Bought" each free season 4 table at the time". Man that sucks and i feel you. I "bought" each unfree quarter bag from my dude at the same time and havnt even got stoned in two places yet. If i were you I would walk right into the farsight's office look Jay Obernolte right in his face and demand more tables

Atariboy

May 31, 2018
It wasn't free. I paid for season 4, which was cross-buy and included the PS3 and Vita versions of the tables at no extra cost.

Buying free tables was in reference to how Farsight set things up here. Just buying the season 4 pass didn't make things automatically available, it just reduced the price tag for all 10 table packs to $0.00. You then manually have to go in to the Playstation Store, locate each table pack, and proceed to buy it for $0.00 to add it to your purchase history and enable the ability to download it and play said content.

PS3 and PS4 have never been cross-buy.

Season 4 certainly appeared as such. PS4 season pass for that season reduced the price of the Vita and PS3 season 4 table packs to free for me back in May, and I proceeded to add all 10 tables to my purchase history for both the PS3 and Vita versions. Buying the passes for seasons 2-3 and 5-7 didn't do this on the PS4 at the same time, but season 4 sure did (I own season 1 physically).

So it was either cross-buy, or the Playstation Store was bugged when I bought this since the other five seasons I purchased didn't act this way. Only the season 4 pass on the PS4 made the PS3/Vita table packs appear $0.00. But I find it more likely that it was cross-buy since they're still in my purchase history all these months later and I was allowed to download and install all 10 table packs to my PS3 last night.

Here's a look at part of the relevant section in my purchase history at Playstation.com showing some PS3 tables from season 4 (I've only ever bought the PS4 season passes).

kdwj9h.jpg

I'm wondering if I need to buy the starter package for $10 to get it out of demo mode, before it will recognize these 10 tables.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2012
If it was cross buy for PS4 and PS3 then that was a bug on Sony because they don't allow it. PS3 and PSVita have always been cross-buy.

Did you purchase it originally on your PS4 and does it work on your PS4 still?

Atariboy

May 31, 2018
If it was cross buy for PS4 and PS3 then that was a bug on Sony because they don't allow it. PS3 and PSVita have always been cross-buy.

Did you purchase it originally on your PS4 and does it work on your PS4 still?

I didn't own a PS4 at the time, so I used the web storefront at my desktop PC to buy them before the delisting of the Bally/Williams pins happened. I also grabbed the Pinball Arcade app/demo for both the Vita and PS3 to get it in my history since I was unsure if anything would be left for Pinball Arcade on those two older platforms once the Bally/Williams content was pulled, and assumed I needed it to run table content.

All seven seasons are working for me on my PS4 (I don't have the newer post season 7 Stern tables from the past 8 months or so). That's what's important to me rather than this. But now I'm more curious about this and what's going on than my interest in occasionally playing a few season 4 tables is on my PS3/PSTV (I haven't tried the Vita versions yet on my PSTV, incidentally, so don't know if those work).

I may just buy the $10 starter pack and see if that does anything, even though I don't have a burning desire to play these here on my PS3. I mainly just downloaded and installed it for the heck of it since it came with my season 4 purchase on my PS4 (Or at least sure appeared to) and I had never played Pinball Arcade on an older platform and wanted to see how it looked and performed.

But now I'm curious what's going on and wonder if that starter pack would perhaps would fix it, since it's regularly prompting me to buy it.

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I can confirm that although season 4 wasn’t supposed to be cross buy from PS4 to PS3, it was. When I noticed that the PS3 versions of season 4 were “free,” I purchased all of the free tables and downloaded them on the PS3 immediately and they work fine.

All I can think of is to see if you can “restore purchases” on your PS3 (if that is an option) and see if it lets you download them.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
PA season 4 was cross-buy between PS3/Vita & PS4 for me also, and I have the tables installed on all three platforms. As long as all of the S4 table packs are in your PSN download list for each platform I don't think there's any issue on the PSN ownership side.

I've never tried the demo version of PA but I suspect that's the issue. You probably can't use DLC unless you own the base game. I'd delete everything, then purchase/install/update the base game, then download the S4 tables.

Members online

Members online