BlahCade #166: Williams Pinball Vol 3 Interview

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
With your host, Dr. Pinball Popper...

Just managed to get around to the podcast. Just an observation, you mentioned that Champion Pub has the same opponents every game in the same order and VAULT letters in Safe Cracker don't carry. This seems to be consistent with how the other Williams games in Zen have behaved so far. You can't really carry a save state from one game to another because you are always returned to the Zen menu after every game, which then returns to the game state Zen uses when you start a new game. The only setting you can affect is whether you can watch the attract mode after a game ends until you hit a button. So unless that changes, randomization between games will be limited, continuity between games unlikely.

As an example, in Medieval Madness, I always get the "Saucy Wench" princess as the first one rescued in the game, where in TPA it was random. But in Attack from Mars, I do get a random country at start to defend every game. I think this is just an artifact of how Zen handles the game state and how individual games handle randomization, which will be a bigger problem with games going forward that have things carried over from one game to the next.

Members online

Members online