Williams' Collection Volume 4 guesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
No, the final sequence of Roadshow in the video (approx 0:22) is from the standard version (no enhancements)

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]You're right. Hopefully Zen revise this table until the release...[/FONT]

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
1972f1.jpg

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Nice find Pinwiz but as we know flyer artwork doesn't confirm much. Were the blue rails included in any production machines?

Still doesn't explain why Zen chose this, when clearly their office machine has chrome rails...

Anyway, it's no deal breaker :D

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Nice find Pinwiz but as we know flyer artwork doesn't confirm much. Were the blue rails included in any production machines?

Still doesn't explain why Zen chose this, when clearly their office machine has chrome rails...

Anyway, it's no deal breaker :D

They are chrome when the enhancements are turned off. I suggest you view the video in full screen and make sure your monitor is properly adjusted. You can see the reflections on the tops of the rails, but the rails do seem more "flat" than what we have in the other tables which makes you think you are seeing blue rails.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
They are chrome when the enhancements are turned off. I suggest you view the video in full screen and make sure your monitor is properly adjusted. You can see the reflections on the tops of the rails, but the rails do seem more "flat" than what we have in the other tables which makes you think you are seeing blue rails.

kimkon has right. You can see the different rubber color in the last seconds...

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Honestly I have no clue as to why the blue rails were cut. I remember seeing a picture of a physical cabinet with a blue lockbar, but it must have been in some of the early prototypes.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
kimkon has right. You can see the different rubber color in the last seconds...

Rubber color?

Enhancements on - Blue inside walls and rails.
Enhancements off - Black inside walls and chrome rails.

You can take a screenshot at 22 or 23 seconds and put it in Photoshop and dropper the rail and compare the RGB value to the blue on the playfield, or in an earlier section of the video.

They are actually quite different... but once you think you see something it is hard to convince yourself otherwise.

Still, the chrome rails could be gamma adjusted.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Rubber color?

Enhancements on - Blue inside walls and rails.
Enhancements off - Black inside walls and chrome rails.

You can take a screenshot at 22 or 23 seconds and put it in Photoshop and dropper the rail and compare the RGB value to the blue on the playfield, or in an earlier section of the video.

They are actually quite different... but once you think you see something it is hard to convince yourself otherwise.

Still, the chrome rails could be gamma adjusted.

He probably meant the flipper colors. With enhancements on, they're black. Without enhancements, they're red.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Alright, I just had a look at the beta...

The rails and lockdown bar of RoadShow are blue whether you are in enhanced or not. They do not change, it's not a trick of the light. The other two tables both have the steel rails and lockdown.

Regarding the lighting of RoadShow and it looking 'flat'. The models of Red and Ted are fantastic looking, especially if you do a side by side with TPA. I would certainly like it if the lighting were a bit darker, but I always want that.

Here's my 2 cents for getting Zen's attention...do it on Twitter. They don't look at this site much, not like FarSight does at all. Twitter on the other hand...for instance both with with the network going down a few weeks back and the challenge rewards not issuing yesterday, I went on Twitter and mentioned it, that got their attention, it was fixed the next day. So if you want changes to lighting, changes to color of the rails, whatever, speak up on both the @Zen_Studios and [MENTION=687]Pinball[/MENTION]FX twitter accounts. It's way more effective.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Alright, I just had a look at the beta...

The rails and lockdown bar of RoadShow are blue whether you are in enhanced or not. They do not change, it's not a trick of the light. The other two tables both have the steel rails and lockdown.

Regarding the lighting of RoadShow and it looking 'flat'. The models of Red and Ted are fantastic looking, especially if you do a side by side with TPA. I would certainly like it if the lighting were a bit darker, but I always want that.

Here's my 2 cents for getting Zen's attention...do it on Twitter. They don't look at this site much, not like FarSight does at all. Twitter on the other hand...for instance both with with the network going down a few weeks back and the challenge rewards not issuing yesterday, I went on Twitter and mentioned it, that got their attention, it was fixed the next day. So if you want changes to lighting, changes to color of the rails, whatever, speak up on both the @Zen_Studios and [MENTION=687]Pinball[/MENTION]FX twitter accounts. It's way more effective.

Actually, in the video it would seem that the side rails are MISSING. Look at 19 seconds.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
You have not played nearly enough tables! Cute gimmick, but tons of better tables out there.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

i sleep eat and breath pinball lol... ive played everything. allot. ive played white water in competition many times and have made some great memories on it, so yeah one of my favorites. not my #1 but definitely top 10

it's all preference really whatever you like is great for you and whatever i like is great for me.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Actually, in the video it would seem that the side rails are MISSING. Look at 19 seconds.

Well, whatever you see and surmise as being shown in the video is all fun and games, I'm just saying that in the beta there most assuredly are rails and lockbar and there is no doubt they are blue like that flyer Pinballwiz45b posted.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Well, whatever you see and surmise as being shown in the video is all fun and games, I'm just saying that in the beta there most assuredly are rails and lockbar and there is no doubt they are blue like that flyer Pinballwiz45b posted.

This is a discussion about what we see in the video. Though I'm sure the video is captured from a version similar to the one you are playing.

Pause the Youtube video at 19 seconds and you can see that the inside wall artwork on the right side wraps up and over where the side rail should be.

All this arguing over a work in progress is fun and games to some.

Edit - A little birdy just informed me that that inside wall artwork is actually environment smoke from the bulldozer. And yes, the rails are not rendered in the video.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
This is a discussion about what we see in the video. Though I'm sure the video is captured from a version similar to the one you are playing.

Pause the Youtube video at 19 seconds and you can see that the inside wall artwork on the right side wraps up and over where the side rail should be.

All this arguing over a work in progress is fun and games to some.

Edit - A little birdy just informed me that that inside wall artwork is actually environment smoke from the bulldozer. And yes, the rails are not rendered in the video.

You were saying about the rails not being rendered?

D6ojc-HWAAEEyfX.jpg:large

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
let's call this bluegate and get super conspiratorial about it. notice how the pinball fx3 logo is also in a blue ball trail... ALIENS!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Technically, I should have said a specific lighting layer is not being rendered. The video and your photo are completely different.

It's a screen grab from the exact engine that is running the game in that video. But hey, what do we know? We've (Pinballwiz45b is part of the beta too) only had access to these tables for a month now, so apparently nothing.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
It's a screen grab from the exact engine that is running the game in that video. But hey, what do we know? We've (Pinballwiz45b is part of the beta too) only had access to these tables for a month now, so apparently nothing.

We are discussing the video. I am looking at non-enhanced from 22 seconds and non-enhanced from 56 seconds. There is an environment variable layer that is not being applied in the 22 second capture of gameplay compared to the 56 second one. Obviously, there is a purposeful color and material difference, but by not rendering the lighting reflection completely in R&TRS, it looks completely flat and makes it seem that the rail does not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.