Swords of Fury
    Centaur

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A properly tuned Centaur would be great. It is one of the only tables I could easily score better in real life than in TPA (PS3). Probably low enough to be a filler table maybe *hoping*? Circus Voltaire would seem to be one of the last main key anchor tables.

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honest question... does anyone here choose to play the TPA version of a table over the Zen version after playing both? I have compared each table back to back and side by side multiple times, and there is not a single instance that I'd ever choose the TPA table over the Zen one. I've had loads of fun with the TPA tables in the past, but it is now difficult for me to enjoy the tables in TPA that Zen hasn't even done yet. I'll still play a few of the EM tables in TPA as the physics and presentation continue to feel and look fine for the slower play-style, but anything else I'll just quit after a quick ball or two.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trash80 View Post
    Honest question... does anyone here choose to play the TPA version of a table over the Zen version after playing both? I have compared each table back to back and side by side multiple times, and there is not a single instance that I'd ever choose the TPA table over the Zen one. I've had loads of fun with the TPA tables in the past, but it is now difficult for me to enjoy the tables in TPA that Zen hasn't even done yet. I'll still play a few of the EM tables in TPA as the physics and presentation continue to feel and look fine for the slower play-style, but anything else I'll just quit after a quick ball or two.
    Nope. I've tried playing the Zen and TPA tables back to back, and the slowness of the TPA tables drives me crazy after playing the Zen versions. Aiming of the ball is much better on the Zen tables also.
    Having said that, I still play the non-Zen TPA tables because I like them. I've been playing a lot of Creature from the Black Lagoon lately, a very fun table. I'd love to see what Zen could do with it.
    Who says you can't take it with you?

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Nope, not a chance. When I first get my hands on the Zen table, I do a lot of back and forth both on Steam and on iOS. I'm looking at graphics, lighting, rule settings (TPA always chose the easy operator settings), and of course the physics. I thoroughly enjoyed playing TPA, but these Zen offerings are come to Jesus moments. You simply can't unwitness what you have seen. Now I can still play other tables and given 5 or 10 minutes, I learn to accept the TPA physics as how I'm used to playing, but it's near impossible to do with the ones that Zen has versions of.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    iPad Air 2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In some instances I prefer the TPA version. But it is mostly because I don't like the very high camera views available or the fact that I can not play in landscape mode. I only play on a tablet and this can be frustrating. If they fixed those two situations it would probably be 100% Zen for me. I don't use the enhanced stuff, so that doesn't sway me. Some are very close for me, others not so much. For example, I prefer TPA Safecracker, and I much prefer the Zen version of ToM.
    Last edited by Kolchak357; 03-27-2019 at 01:52 PM.

My Devices
    Steam, iOS, Oculus Rift
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havenít even loaded up TPA since Zen Williams launched. Itís never run as well after the interface change (donít call it an upgrade) and It doesnít play well with my Gsync 2460x1440,l display. Exiting a table causes it go from full Screen to windowed mode and when that happens everything runs at 2x speed and itís just unplayable until reboot. Itís not worth the hassle anymore. Still debating whether or not to even Install it when I finish my cab which sucks given that I spent the money on Arcooda.

My Devices
    PS4 (TPA, PFX3); Switch (Zaccaria)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honest question... does anyone here choose to play the TPA version of a table over the Zen version after playing both?
    Occasionally! I still prefer TPA's lighting effects over Zen's.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Williams Pack 3 launched I fired up TOM in both games. Needless to say, I doubt I'll ever launch TPA TOM again.

TPA is only for tables that aren't in Zen yet, for me.

My Devices
    iTouch,New New iPad, iPad Air, Steam
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When TPA released, I couldn't go back to Zen physics, thus ignored my Zen collection for years. Now I can't go back to TPA physics. It's a shame. I have literally 100 tables.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Occasionally! I still prefer TPA's lighting effects over Zen's.
    Do you mean the controllable aspect of it? Because while I like that feature, the overall lighting is much better in Zen. Light actually fills in a 3 dimensional space rather than in a flat plain like TPA. The light actually interacts with the ball too. There also aren't questionable lighting choices like FarSight would do, where something would be lit despite no light source, or how the insert light underneath the ball sometimes would show on the top reflection of the ball. Also all the inserts are legible in FX3, no blown out light blobs.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    iTouch,New New iPad, iPad Air, Steam
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tiger Multiball aside, I also never felt the need to change the ball skin in ZEN just so I could see it.

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Samsung s8, gear VR, PC, OUYA, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still need to buy the new 3 pack (have played TOM on the android a little) been spending all my money on snes/genesis pinball games to do live streams in the near future but thats a whole other story... but of the 7 tables ive played NO i can never go back. It really pains me to say that, really love TPA. The ball on Zen just moves so much better and feels more real. ...however like i recently did with fish tales if i want to figure out what all the rules are i open up TPA and learn them on that.
    Last edited by Pete; 03-27-2019 at 03:30 PM.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should get a Super Famicom and a JP Mega Drive and stream the Japanese exclusive pinball games too.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldnt possibly not do Battle Pinball for super famicom all snes/genesis carts work on the american system with some easy mods, genesis you just either take the case off the top or cut the slot a little, same with snes. No japanese genesis pinball exclisives but the one mega drive pal one has me a little stumped, psycho pinball, some pal games work on ntsc and some dont so im crossing my fingers. If worse comes to worse ill change the header of the rom and run it off an everdrive, but i really prefer having and showing the real thing being used. Im even making a pinball controller for genesis by soldering arcade buttons to a controller pcb. Got my multicam setup working great even s-video moded my genesis for the best capture. Also my snes is circuit bent like crazy to do all kinds of glitches and fun stuff. Im insane about circuit bending things. Gonna start early in april, ill let you guys on here know.

Last edited by Pete; 03-27-2019 at 05:13 PM.

My Devices
    iOS
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CV
    Hurricane
    Big Guns

My Devices
    Xbox, Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, even though Zen kicks my ass, I still prefer it to TPA, at least now. Balls are too floaty on TPA, whereas it feels real with Zen.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    Do you mean the controllable aspect of it?
    Yes! I like to darken the room light and up the ambient.

FWIW, I'm also able to adjust real quickly between TPA and PFX3 physics.

My Devices
    Ipad Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the Zen tables are more pleasing to the eye, I've found myself playing TPA much more.

I played a LOT of pinball when I was younger, and the TPA physics are more realistic in many cases.

I've tried Zen on my Android and iPad. There's something wrong with their physics I can't quite put words to. The tables feel dead. The gravity is weird, and the ball often seems to decelerate for no apparent reason. There is no consistency that I can feel.

I know I'm in the minority, but I've played a handful of TPA tables IRL, and they feel true to what I remember.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

My Devices
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1adam12 View Post
    I've tried Zen on my Android and iPad. There's something wrong with their physics I can't quite put words to. The tables feel dead. The gravity is weird, and the ball often seems to decelerate for no apparent reason. There is no consistency that I can feel.
    That explains it. The mobile version is default to casual physics and you need to unlock the arcade physics.

If you have a decent PC or a modern game console (PS4, XB1, or Switch), then give Fish Tales (it's free) on Pinball FX 3 a try. Just start a "classic single player" game and give it a go.

My Devices
    Ipad Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    That explains it. The mobile version is default to casual physics and you need to unlock the arcade physics.

If you have a decent PC or a modern game console (PS4, XB1, or Switch), then give Fish Tales (it's free) on Pinball FX 3 a try. Just start a "classic single player" game and give it a go.
    I don't have any of those things so I'll have to wait it out a while. Being broke ain't fun.

On the other hand, I never particularly enjoyed Fish Tales. I'd still like a glimpse at the physics everyone is raving about. The mobile experience has been beyond terrible, but for a variety of reasons.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never was all too big a fan of fish tales either. I can get into tables even if i dont like the theme, but on fish tales i dont like the theme or layout. Probably wasnt the best choice for the free example table as not many people do like it. I think fish tales would actually turn allot of people off from williams tables if thats all they ever played. Should have made high speed or white water the free one. Im buying them all so not trying to get a free table i like, just think they should have picked one that was a better example for other people.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a zen table exists I can't go back to the TPA version. I'd go back to the TPA app a lot more if they'd let me keep the resolution for Noex's camera mod but having to reset that every single time is a drag.

My Devices
    PC, Oculus Rift, Nintendo Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honest question... does anyone here choose to play the TPA version of a table over the Zen version after playing both?
    I tend to play the TPA versions on my laptop and FX3 on my desktop. The Zen Williams tables are too demanding on an Intel HD 520, I wish they'd allow users to disable or reduce some of the intensive visual effects (reflections/shadows).

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MBeeching View Post
    I tend to play the TPA versions on my laptop and FX3 on my desktop. The Zen Williams tables are too demanding on an Intel HD 520, I wish they'd allow users to disable or reduce some of the intensive visual effects (reflections/shadows).
    As well as turning off all the graphics settings you can, have you tried a lower resolution than your laptop screen to see if that helps enough?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast