Williams' Collection Volume 4 guesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Ugh. If Whitewater was replaced by Jackbot, this would be the worst possible combination of tables (for me)

Edit: I’m being melodramatic. I was hoping for a system 11, like either Taxi or Fire!

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I got 1 out of 3 right. Nice that there are two tables I'd consider "top-tier" in there (WH20, R&T). And Hurricane will always be the table that got me into pinball in the first place so has huge nostalgia factor attached.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Hurricane has actually always been a personal favorite in TPA - their implementation is very smooth and shoots well, up there with their implementation of Judge Dredd. From a rules standpoint, though, it's pretty much a one-shot table, similar in a lot of ways to Bride of Pinbot - there are many many SS tables that have deeper and more interesting rules. Still, it will be a fun addition to the collection.

I'm very excited about White Water and Road Show, they are both great - some of the best competitive pinball I have watched on Youtube is on White Water, it has a very deep strategy risk/reward ruleset. Road show has lots of interesting shots and a variety of modes. And both WW and Road Show have a nice feeling of progression as you go down the river/across the country.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
spot on Thursday my time , your Wednesday . the tables look great , oh well no Taxi maybe next time , only 12 days away yahoo !!!:cool:

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
Whitewater and Roadshow are easily in my top 10 favorite games, so this pack is definitely my favorite so far. Hopefully I'll end up enjoying Hurricane, haven't played it much, but most people seem to consider it pretty average.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Assuming Zen is only doing DMD and for a fact unlicensed in ‘Volume’ packs, that leaves 6 left...

TotAN
Jack*Bot
Cactus Canyon
Who Dunnit?
No Good Gofers
Cirqus Voltaire

I await the pack order predictions in the next speculation thread!

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Well let's see...

Volume 2 was the first Bally pack, and Volume 3 threw more Bally games in. 4 Williams and 6 Bally.

Volume 4 balances it back with a total of 7 Williams and 6 Bally.

What I'm predicting is that Volume 5 will be all Bally and Volume 6 will be the rest.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
I also like the look of the licensed pins they've got in the office:

Star Wars Episode 1
Metallica
Indiana Jones
Star Trek Next Generation
Twilight Zone

Also Mel mentioned before on Blahcade they have an AC/DC although that wasn't shown in this video

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Volume 1 (4 tables) 10/9/2018
Volume 2 (3 tables) 12/4/2018
Volume 3 (3 tables) 3/19/2019
Volume 4 (3 tables) 5/28/2019

13 tables in 8 months. Not quite 2 per month but thats a pretty amazing pace. 70 days since the last release. If pace remains about the same, the next pack would be around 8/5 or 8/12. V6 October /November. And then the DMD’s are done unless we get a licensed table or non DMD mixed in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, hard to complain about that. We are also supposed to get a licensed table or two this year as their own release, just don't know when.

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
Yep, hard to complain about that. We are also supposed to get a licensed table or two this year as their own release, just don't know when.

My bet is November. As that’s after dmds are done and lines up with my Terminator prediction on the other thread. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Assuming Zen is only doing DMD and for a fact unlicensed in ‘Volume’ packs, that leaves 6 left...

TotAN
Jack*Bot
Cactus Canyon
Who Dunnit?
No Good Gofers
Cirqus Voltaire

I await the pack order predictions in the next speculation thread!

Who Dunnit and No Good Gofers better not be in the same table pack lol

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
On first impression, White Water looks great... lighting and plastics are looking very nice. And it looks like that has been translated across to Hurricane. Nice :cool:

But man, Road Show looks flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttt. Where's the nice lighting on that one Zen?

Happy it's included but it just looks unfinished to me.

Hopefully it will be improved before release, because I really don't wan't another set of inconsistently recreated tables. Had enough of that with Farsight.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Ugh. If Whitewater was replaced by Jackbot, this would be the worst possible combination of tables (for me)

Edit: I’m being melodramatic. I was hoping for a system 11, like either Taxi or Fire!

I feel your pain. :) Would be nice to get some of those system 11 tables on Zen.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Who Dunnit and No Good Gofers better not be in the same table pack lol

Well if we follow the ‘all Bally’ or ‘all Williams’ line of thinking, it’ll be TotAN, JB, NGG in one, CV, WD?, CC in the other.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Could do with some more spit and polish all round I think. Red and Ted are both lacking in some shine especially. The overall look is just not great imo.

Look at around the 5:20 mark in this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhO9addbe0U

Also why the blue side rails? Aren't all Roadshow's fitted with chrome versions? Even the one Akos is standing next to in the video has chrome side rails.

Last edited:

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Could do with some more spit and polish all round I think. Red and Ted are both lacking in some shine especially. The overall look is just not great imo.

Look at around the 5:20 mark in this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhO9addbe0U

Also why the blue side rails? Aren't all Roadshow's fitted with chrome versions? Even the one Akos is standing next to in the video has chrome side rails.

Zen enhanced graphics mode removes the side rail reflections, which is what they are showing you in the preview video. However, these are captures from pre-release, so some things may be changed (depending on platform) in the release version.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Also why the blue side rails? Aren't all Roadshow's fitted with chrome versions?

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]In the video we see the Zen animated version of the game. I'll guess the side rails switch to chrome when you disable the enhancements. I hope...[/FONT]

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
On a more positive note, the flipper action appears to have had a physics update :cool:

There's definitely more bounce back when the flippers fall back to the down state.

@Shut, can you confirm this and if it has been applied across the other Williams/Bally tables?

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]In the video we see the Zen animated version of the game. I'll guess the side rails switch to chrome when you disable the enhancements. I hope...[/FONT]

No, the final sequence of Roadshow in the video (approx 0:22) is from the standard version (no enhancements)

Last edited:

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Never liked Red & Ted and the other two are meh. Probably the least impressive pack for me. And since TOTAN and CV will likely anchor the next 2 packs, Vol. 4 will remain my least favorite unlicensed DMD pack.

Oh well, buying it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online