Williams' Collection Volume 4 guesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Dracula is based on the movie, Sony holds those rights.

You are correct... I got my horror monster pinball licenses messed up.

The one I was thinking of is Phantom of the Opera, which is based on the book as opposed to the play.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
When it comes to SS/Alpha Numerics, there are a few repeats that I'd want sooner than later

Whirlwind
Centaur
F-14
BoP (with 2.0 DMD and rules too)

Agree with Centaur and BoP but would prefer Funhouse over the other two all day long. Really interested to see what Zen can do with Rudy.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
The more I think about it, I think the remaining unlicensed DMD tables have just too many AAA titles to split into evenly balanced packs with only DMDs. I would not be surprised if, for one of the "B-tier" tables in collection 4, they pick a pre-DMD game. Some of them are so close to having DMD that you hardly notice - like the Elvira tables, Earthshaker, or even Dr. Dude, which would give them the Dr. Dude/Party Zone series - a properly tuned Dr. Dude would be just as much fun as Party Zone.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Agree with Centaur and BoP but would prefer Funhouse over the other two all day long. Really interested to see what Zen can do with Rudy.

I figure with Roadshow we’ll see how they’d handle a Rudy head. I almost put Funhouse on there, but I do prefer Whirlwind and thought of all they could do with F-14 both in physics and enhanced visuals.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I just need to keep repeating this till they give in to my demands- Heavy Metal Meltdown! HEAVY MEETAAALL MEELLTDDOOWWWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won an award playing Heavy Metal Meltdown the other day, friggin love that table.
32417698327_bc596cdbf8_b.jpg

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I like the theory that they might start spreading out the remaining DMD's with some older tables. of the remaining 9 tables there are 5 or 6 big pull you in titles so it does look a bit like maybe they have wiggle room to throw some in.

If they are paying attention to what non-DMDs the fans want and have done some research you know they have had to at least glance at the big top lists.
Let's Look at the top 100 williams/bally non-DMD from both pinside and ipdb's lists. Here are all 25 tables that make the lists.

Funhouse (#33 PS / #15 IPDB)
Whirlwind (#39 PS / #49 IPDB)
Fathom (#42 PS / #93 IPDB)
Centaur (#57 PS / #43 IMPD)
Taxi (#63 PS / #46 IMPD)
Black Knight (#? PS / #55 IPDB) (cant find on pinside list)
Eight Ball Deluxe (#67 PS / #103 IPDB)
Black Knight 2000 (#73 PS / #75 IPDB)
Barracora (#79 PS / #149 IPDB)
Bride of Pinbot (#82 PS / #22 IPDB)
Earthshaker (#84 PS / #69 IPDB)
Pinbot (#86 PS / #51 IPDB)
Banzai Run (#90 PS / #88 IPDB)
Space Station (#91 PS / #111 IPDB)
Diner (#94 PS / #52 IPDB)
Sword of Fury (#95 PS / #50 IPDB)
High Speed (#98 PS / #38 IPDB)
Firepower (#99 PS / #94 IPDB)
Medusa (#100 PS / #179 IPDB)
Paragon (#112 PS / #86 IPDB)
Sorcerer (#117 PS / #87 IPDB)
Mousin' Around! (#120 PS / #92 IPDB)
Cyclone (#122 PS / #65 IPDB)
Embryon (#139 PS / #96 IPDB)
Xenon (#140 PS / #98 IPDB

I honesly do not care if most of these "already done" tables get the zen treatment. Zen does an excellent job but I just dont need a better copy of most of these. Funhouse, Taxi, Dinner I could see wanting a nicer version with added effects but screw the whole rest of the already done list. I love them all dont get me wrong but Ive never turned on TPA loaded up Paragon and said I wish this looked/played better. I guess the one thing that would make Paragon more real is if they gave you a really wide controller because when your at that table in real life that things is friggin wide.

Anyways so of these 25 tables only 5 have not been done (TPA was really cranking them out)
-Barracora
-Space Station
-Medusa
-Mousin' Around!
-Embryon

Of those 5 Mousin' Around is probably the only one they will deem to have mass market apeal due to it's colorful cartoon design. Bad Cats & Dr Dude didnt make either top 100 but have the kind of
fun colorful cartoon design that would look appealing to the average non adult consumer which is their bread and butter. I think looking at Party Zone being an early release we
can see they think colorful cartoon designs sell. I absolutely love the kind of Art on Barracora and Embyon but the whole Robot/Alien fetish kink thing on many of these 70's 80's machines
doesn't do too well with the younger crowd.

sh4wnsm1th

Oct 11, 2018
I honestly do not care if most of these "already done" tables get the zen treatment. Zen does an excellent job but I just dont need a better copy of most of these. Funhouse, Taxi, Dinner I could see wanting a nicer version with added effects but screw the whole rest of the already done list. I love them all dont get me wrong but Ive never turned on TPA loaded up Paragon and said I wish this looked/played better. I guess the one thing that would make Paragon more real is if they gave you a really wide controller because when your at that table in real life that things is friggin wide.

If we go by tables redone with Zen, EBD is one that I feel would be nice to redo, as the ball in TPA is way too floaty on that table in my opinion. Would like to see it have that chance of missing that upper saucer at times, and being a real beast as it can be in real life. I could do without most of the others, as BK & BK2000 never really grabbed me, Funhouse is one I don't get all that much, Pinbot is great, but if we got Jack-Bot, with it being the same table, the original might be redundant, though I've always loved the simplicity of Pinbot compared to Jack-Bot's rulesets. Centaur could be another redone, as TPA always sucked with seeing the ball in my book, and Zen seems to be way better with their ball not blending with the table. Earthshaker never really grabbed me, BoP as well. Firepower could do without as well.

Would agree though with wanting more new stuff not covered by TPA, as well as getting 1 or 2 EMs from Bally/Williams, I tend to like the gameplay feel of EMs in real life at times.

Last edited:

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Eight ball deluxe is a great one. I could pass on jackbot if they gave us pinbot instead, but not the other way around really love the original. The first black knight is one of my favorites and came out in 1981 the year I was born so it holds a special place for me. Bk2000 ive never liked all that much.

Last edited:

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Definitely buy:
Funhouse
Black Knight 2000
Whirlwind
Elvira & The Party Monsters
F-14 Tomcat
Diner

Probably buy:
Bride of Pinbot
Swords of Fury
Centaur

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
A properly tuned Centaur would be great. It is one of the only tables I could easily score better in real life than in TPA (PS3). Probably low enough to be a filler table maybe *hoping*? Circus Voltaire would seem to be one of the last main key anchor tables.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Honest question... does anyone here choose to play the TPA version of a table over the Zen version after playing both? I have compared each table back to back and side by side multiple times, and there is not a single instance that I'd ever choose the TPA table over the Zen one. I've had loads of fun with the TPA tables in the past, but it is now difficult for me to enjoy the tables in TPA that Zen hasn't even done yet. I'll still play a few of the EM tables in TPA as the physics and presentation continue to feel and look fine for the slower play-style, but anything else I'll just quit after a quick ball or two.

dmil666

May 19, 2018
Honest question... does anyone here choose to play the TPA version of a table over the Zen version after playing both? I have compared each table back to back and side by side multiple times, and there is not a single instance that I'd ever choose the TPA table over the Zen one. I've had loads of fun with the TPA tables in the past, but it is now difficult for me to enjoy the tables in TPA that Zen hasn't even done yet. I'll still play a few of the EM tables in TPA as the physics and presentation continue to feel and look fine for the slower play-style, but anything else I'll just quit after a quick ball or two.

Nope. I've tried playing the Zen and TPA tables back to back, and the slowness of the TPA tables drives me crazy after playing the Zen versions. Aiming of the ball is much better on the Zen tables also.
Having said that, I still play the non-Zen TPA tables because I like them. I've been playing a lot of Creature from the Black Lagoon lately, a very fun table. I'd love to see what Zen could do with it.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

Nope, not a chance. When I first get my hands on the Zen table, I do a lot of back and forth both on Steam and on iOS. I'm looking at graphics, lighting, rule settings (TPA always chose the easy operator settings), and of course the physics. I thoroughly enjoyed playing TPA, but these Zen offerings are come to Jesus moments. You simply can't unwitness what you have seen. Now I can still play other tables and given 5 or 10 minutes, I learn to accept the TPA physics as how I'm used to playing, but it's near impossible to do with the ones that Zen has versions of.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

In some instances I prefer the TPA version. But it is mostly because I don't like the very high camera views available or the fact that I can not play in landscape mode. I only play on a tablet and this can be frustrating. If they fixed those two situations it would probably be 100% Zen for me. I don't use the enhanced stuff, so that doesn't sway me. Some are very close for me, others not so much. For example, I prefer TPA Safecracker, and I much prefer the Zen version of ToM.

Last edited:

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015

Haven’t even loaded up TPA since Zen Williams launched. It’s never run as well after the interface change (don’t call it an upgrade) and It doesn’t play well with my Gsync 2460x1440,l display. Exiting a table causes it go from full Screen to windowed mode and when that happens everything runs at 2x speed and it’s just unplayable until reboot. It’s not worth the hassle anymore. Still debating whether or not to even Install it when I finish my cab which sucks given that I spent the money on Arcooda.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
When Williams Pack 3 launched I fired up TOM in both games. Needless to say, I doubt I'll ever launch TPA TOM again.

TPA is only for tables that aren't in Zen yet, for me.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
When TPA released, I couldn't go back to Zen physics, thus ignored my Zen collection for years. Now I can't go back to TPA physics. It's a shame. I have literally 100 tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.