Williams' Collection Volume 4 guesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Alright, I just had a look at the beta...

The rails and lockdown bar of RoadShow are blue whether you are in enhanced or not. They do not change, it's not a trick of the light. The other two tables both have the steel rails and lockdown.

Regarding the lighting of RoadShow and it looking 'flat'. The models of Red and Ted are fantastic looking, especially if you do a side by side with TPA. I would certainly like it if the lighting were a bit darker, but I always want that.

Here's my 2 cents for getting Zen's attention...do it on Twitter. They don't look at this site much, not like FarSight does at all. Twitter on the other hand...for instance both with with the network going down a few weeks back and the challenge rewards not issuing yesterday, I went on Twitter and mentioned it, that got their attention, it was fixed the next day. So if you want changes to lighting, changes to color of the rails, whatever, speak up on both the @Zen_Studios and [MENTION=687]Pinball[/MENTION]FX twitter accounts. It's way more effective.

SYT, thanks for your reassurance on Red and Ted. Online videos are never a definitive guide but I can only go on that for now. Fingers crossed Roadshow looks better than the video portrays at this stage.

Thanks for the Twitter suggestion but unfortunately I don’t twit ;)

Any thoughts on the flippers update?

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
You were saying about the rails not being rendered?

D6ojc-HWAAEEyfX.jpg:large

That screenie looks sweet! Thanks Pinwiz

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
On the flipper physics update, this from Zen’s blog:

This release brings a brand new feature too! Our pinball team here at Zen Studios is on a mission to elevate our pinball simulation to higher and higher levels. This newest improvement to Pinball FX3 is a redesigned flipper physics system for the Williams Pinball Volume 4 tables. The flippers now behave more like their real-life counterparts, meaning they react to the weight of the ball, and they wobble when snapping to upright position and when going back down.

We’d like to thank the mods and operators of digitalpinballfans.com for helping us test out this new feature, and we’d like to ask for the feedback of you in the broader community as well. The Pro Physics introduced with Williams Pinball last fall achieved its current form with your help — a practice we’d like to continue into the future!

So it would seem this has only been applied to the new Volume 4 tables so far

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I just confirmed I’ll be interviewing Mel tomorrow morning. If you guys have specific questions, post ‘em and I’ll work them in if I can. I’ve got a laundry list myself that probably duplicates many of yours, but it helps me prioritize.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
That’s good news! I guess leading on from my last post, what’s the plan for applying the new Volume 4 physics update to the other Williams tables?

Any chance we might see updates such as different boxers in Champion Pub?

Any news on Williams physics being applied to Zen original tables?

When will we see the first fully licensed Williams table? ;)

Oh yeah, and what’s happening with Stern ;);)

Last edited:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
I'd ask about ROM states - some things that should be random aren't - for example 1 ball challenge on Champion Pub door award always (at least for me) awards light all jackpots. Would be interesting to know if that's a deliberate design choice or not.

Also ask if alphanumeric (with or without custom DMD added) or LCD tables will be added first - should be much easier to do alphanumeric ones, but may be wrong to assume they will come earliest.

Do they think they could eventually get a licence for all licensed tables, or are there any unobtanium ones?

Last edited:

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
I just confirmed I’ll be interviewing Mel tomorrow morning. If you guys have specific questions, post ‘em and I’ll work them in if I can. I’ve got a laundry list myself that probably duplicates many of yours, but it helps me prioritize.

Will they ever be putting in a lightings option for room/bulb brightness similar to TPA?

iCub

Oct 8, 2012

+1 for the question about adjustable lighting; gamma helps but we need bulb brightness too.

Also, can you ask Mel to Include the ability to add friends in the iOS version. The “Add Friend” option used to be in the Game Centre app, but when Apple got rid of the app and integrated Game Centre into iOS settings, they removed the option. Now it is an element of the Game Centre API and has to be added as a feature within the game itself by the developer.
It would be nice to see a user on the high score list and be able to tap to send a friend request. This would be good for both Williams and Zen Pinball app.

Thirdly (not being demanding at all lol), what is the status of the censorship issue with console versions... update please. I’m sticking to Steam and holding off PS4 version until we hear something.

Thank you.

Rover99

Mar 27, 2019
RedRover

Does anyone know if World Cup Soccer on PArcade was licenced or not.
I believe that they by-passed some FIFA stamps on playfield to free up licensing??
This game would a great addition a Top Ten Williams/ Bally pinball.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
They modified it to bypass licensing. That's why it was World Champion Soccer and not World Cup Soccer.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Questions for Mel if possible:

Could we have the option that when you get a game over and finish a game, PFX3 doesn't exit back to the classic single player results screen - It would be better if it either stayed with the table and overlayed the results with the regular table music/sfx, or if it had to exit back to classic single player results screen, it would be better atleast if the music related to the table?

Could the console version have some more DMD size options? If you are playing the game on a console/PC connected to a big TV, the Dot Matrix Size choice under Options> UI/Streaming are currently small, medium or large.
This sounds like enough choice, however I often play in view 1 or 1w, and the large dot matrix option encroaches onto the table, and medium seems too small - I think medium needs to be larger than it is currently perhaps, but not so large that it covers any part of the table (ideally) - or the large option needs to be a tad smaller.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'll just tell you guys, some of these questions I won't ask Mel simply because it doesn't fall under what he does. He's VP of Publishing, so he can answer questions about where the game is going or what they hope to do with it. So if you don't hear your question being asked, it's not because it wasn't good, but that it would be better to gain the attention of Akos the community manager via Twitter.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I take back what I said about Roadshow looking flat and unfinished.

This screen gives a much better impression (perhaps it's from a later build):

WilliamsPinball_Road_Show_screenshot_classic_02_logo.jpg

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I'd ask about ROM states - some things that should be random aren't - for example 1 ball challenge on Champion Pub door award always (at least for me) awards light all jackpots. Would be interesting to know if that's a deliberate design choice or not.

Also ask if alphanumeric (with or without custom DMD added) or LCD tables will be added first - should be much easier to do alphanumeric ones, but may be wrong to assume they will come earliest.

Do they think they could eventually get a licence for all licensed tables, or are there any unobtanium ones?

The games are set to tournament mode, which usually takes away all randomness for obvious reasons.

Are you thinking of the kind of LCD's that's in modern pins that only have been around a few years? Bally/Williams never used those. Maybe you're thinking of the kind of monitors that were used in pinball2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.