Williams' Collection Volume 4 guesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
Whatever you want to call it (I call it "anything you can do, we can do better. We can do anything better than you" syndrome), I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY hoping to see at least ONE great table that wasn't released in TPA before. Not just on Zen, also on FS for not releasing anything for a long time. Just want a NEW table to play.
Agreed. I'm disappointed that every table released has been done on TPA. I'd be more invested if at least one title was previously unreleased.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Agreed. I'm disappointed that every table released has been done on TPA. I'd be more invested if at least one title was previously unreleased.

The thing is, all non licensed DMD were already done in TPA, which leaves licensed tables ( of which will not be part of a regular Volume pack) and SS/alpha numerics, of which we haven’t seen any sign of yet and it’d be unlikely they’d start without doing one of the more popular titles (which TPA did most of).

I initially was right there too, hoping for new. Then I looked at the list of what was left. There are a bunch of really fun System 11 and earlier tables, but people would question most of those coming to the game before the likes of Funhouse or Taxi or BoP. Also remember, it’s been 7 months since first release. Give Zen some time.

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
The thing is, all non licensed DMD were already done in TPA, which leaves licensed tables ( of which will not be part of a regular Volume pack) and SS/alpha numerics, of which we haven’t seen any sign of yet and it’d be unlikely they’d start without doing one of the more popular titles (which TPA did most of).

I initially was right there too, hoping for new. Then I looked at the list of what was left. There are a bunch of really fun System 11 and earlier tables, but people would question most of those coming to the game before the likes of Funhouse or Taxi or BoP. Also remember, it’s been 7 months since first release. Give Zen some time.
I'm not familiar with the designations for the various types of tables. I may have to track down a decent list of System 11 tables for reference.

Personally, I'm surprised to never see Jungle Lord listed. It's sort of a Black Knight knockoff, but I remember it being a fun table.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
System 11s:

Bad Cats
The Bally Game Show
Banzai Run
Big Guns
Black Knight 2000
Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball
Cyclone
Diner
Dr. Dude and His Excellent Ray
Earthshaker
Elvira and the Party Monsters
F-14 Tomcat
Fire!
Grand Lizard
High Speed
Jokerz!
Millionaire
Mousin' Around!
Pin-Bot
Police Force
Pool Sharks
Radical!
Riverboat Gambler
Road Kings
Rollergames
Space Station
Swords of Fury
Taxi
Transporter the Rescue
Whirlwind

Last edited:

Gusbomb

Jun 15, 2018

shutyertrap, when you say "which leaves licensed tables ( of which will not be part of a regular Volume pack)", are you saying that after Zen moves through all the un-licensed tables and we're ready to start the next batch that /licensed/ tables will not be included in 'regular Volume packs' similar to the extant three? If so, then how might they be released? Individually? Or are you just saying "regular Volume pack" to indicate this time before we move into LicenseLand?

That trivial question aside, I think you're right about giving Zen some time. I would have greatly preferred some Gorgar/Fathom/Centaur style tables mixed in from the beginning, but the cries of despair over Funhouse, TOTAN, etc. would have been deafening. People come to the party expecting the crab dip to be served promptly.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
shutyertrap, when you say "which leaves licensed tables ( of which will not be part of a regular Volume pack)", are you saying that after Zen moves through all the un-licensed tables and we're ready to start the next batch that /licensed/ tables will not be included in 'regular Volume packs' similar to the extant three? If so, then how might they be released? Individually? Or are you just saying "regular Volume pack" to indicate this time before we move into LicenseLand?

That trivial question aside, I think you're right about giving Zen some time. I would have greatly preferred some Gorgar/Fathom/Centaur style tables mixed in from the beginning, but the cries of despair over Funhouse, TOTAN, etc. would have been deafening. People come to the party expecting the crab dip to be served promptly.

Licensed tables will be released on their own, or in a pack that is specific to that license. This is the same methodology as how the current Zen third party licensed original tables are packaged and released. One of the examples mentioned in the past has been Indiana Jones (1993 Williams) gets packaged with two Zen originals that also feature the Indiana Jones license.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

Just to expand on what trash80 (I love that btw, TRS-80's reference!) said...

The way it was explained to me was that IP holders want all the attention on their license, they don't want to share. This is why you get the 'Universal' pack of Back to the Future/Jaws/ET, or the Fox 'Balls of Fury' pack. So in terms of Williams Pinball, the 'Volume XX' packs will all be unlicensed, and then there will be one off releases for licensed material. I don't know if that is single tables, or if there could be like a 'Warner Bros' pack that could have Dirty Harry/Flinstones/Bugs Bunny in it. I am assuming these would all still land in the Williams column with all the other tables, but it's conceivable that they'll demand their own separate area or in the case of mobile, their own dedicated app like Bethesda or Aliens had. Fingers crossed that isn't the case.

Gusbomb

Jun 15, 2018
Thanks trash80 & shutyertrap. That makes perfect sense. Sorry if I missed something that already was explained a zillion times.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Thanks trash80 & shutyertrap. That makes perfect sense. Sorry if I missed something that already was explained a zillion times.

No worries! When you've been on this forum as long as I have, you realize that all new members go through similar cycles of things that need repeating :D

wolfson

May 24, 2013
no worries , hey Chris your sounding like an Aussie hehe . no worries , Zen have always separated the tables like Chris said , I don`t mind what Zen throw our way as long as I get Taxi . Citizen great list , a couple to choose from that lot .:cool: also even though we`re getting double ups , boy are they so refreshingly different and funny with the animations .

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
no worries , hey Chris your sounding like an Aussie hehe . no worries , Zen have always separated the tables like Chris said , I don`t mind what Zen throw our way as long as I get Taxi . Citizen great list , a couple to choose from that lot .:cool: also even though we`re getting double ups , boy are they so refreshingly different and funny with the animations .

I never said that prior to visiting Australia in 2002, I say it all the time now! So much better than saying “no problem” like is common here.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
next will be shortening words , afternoon = arvo , avocado = avo , pavlova = pav , sandwich = sanga :cool: she`ll be right mate .

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I for one can't wait to see what the future table releases will be! Now, back to trying to climb the high score ladder! :D

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
So any guesses on when we’ll get the announcement? Thinking probably next week some time and the tables drop a week or fortnight after?

What’s the general consensus on speculating the tables to be included?

Will it be a pack headlined by TALES OF THE ARBIAN NIGHTS or CIRQUS VOLTAIRE? What might the two supporting act tables be?

Or do we sense from a comment dropped by [MENTION=4301]Jared[/MENTION] over in the BlahCade podcast episode thread that something really close to the hearts of pinheads is being dropped? Could it be the first licensed table? THE ADDAMS FAMILY or TWILIGHT ZONE perhaps?

Basically, just help build the excitement by sharing your guesses for imminent Volume 4 pack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Lroy I`d say this week or next , once they announce a pack it`s usually out 2 weeks later .:cool: any ones guess what tables come out , I`ll take any tables , but I would love to get Taxi with heaps of animations . :cool:

Benny Baroni

Dec 19, 2018
So any guesses on when we’ll get the announcement? Thinking probably next week some time and the tables drop a week or fortnight after?

What’s the general consensus on speculating the tables to be included?

Will it be a pack headlined by TALES OF THE ARBIAN NIGHTS or CIRQUS VOLTAIRE? What might the two supporting act tables be?

Or do we sense from a comment dropped by [MENTION=4301]Jared[/MENTION] over in the BlahCade podcast episode thread that something really close to the hearts of pinheads is being dropped? Could it be the first licensed table? THE ADDAMS FAMILY or TWILIGHT ZONE perhaps?

Basically, just help build the excitement by sharing your guesses for imminent Volume 4 pack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're almost in week 7 since volume 3 so I imagine we will be hearing something very soon if they plan on sticking close to the 6-8 week release schedule. Cirqus voltaire, cactus canyon, who dunnit was the most logical guess based on the order of the manuals but I think I heard on one of the recent blahcades that they will no longer be following that formula soo I'm gonna throw out a guess of: Tales of the arabian nights, no good gofers, hurricane.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
System 11s:

(snip)
Police Force
(snip)

That would be cool to have! As a kid I played that on the Atari Lynx (together with Elvira and the Party Monsters it was included in the Pinball Jam cartridge) - the first digital recreations of 'real' tables I ever played. Maybe some people at Zen also had a Lynx :)

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Just googled it to find out what an Atari Lynx is (I had an Amiga back then, inc. Pinball Dreams) - how did pinball work with such a small screen?

Not quite the same thing as a lynx, but I did stand and squat behind 2 lions earlier this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts