Williams' Collection Volume 4 guesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
We now know what is coming for Volume 3 so what do you think will be showing up for Volume 4 in May??

Didn't Zen say that the 4th volume would be the start of licensed tables or was it that they would start having tables that weren't in TPA already??? I was trying to remember what exactly they stated about that.

My guess is they will stay with Williams for a pack since they just did Bally tables:

Tales of the Arabian Nights
Taxi
Space Shuttle

For a fun guess if they do the license way:

Monster Bash
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Zen fantasy table with Universal monsters

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Tales of the Arabian Nights , Taxi and Cirqus Voltaire , that`s my 2 cents worth .:cool:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Cirqus, Cactus Canyon, and Who Dunnit are my guesses for Volume 4, assuming they're going by the order of the manuals and also assuming they stick with packs that have the same manufacturer.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
-TotAN or CV as the anchor
-Two of the other remaining unlicensed DMDs other than TotAN/CV

I think that's a pretty safe guess.

But for fun, here's an alternative guess:

-TZ solo release as our first licensed table

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
TOTAN (can't be far off... let's hope the obligatory animated genie doesn't look like Will Smith).
White Water (thoroughly deserves a visual upgrade over the TPA version)
WHO Dunnit (if they've made progress licencing the Peter Gunn theme)

Perhaps that selection is too strong for a single pack, though I'm hoping at least two of them make an appearance in Vol 4.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
That list of 19 is actually 21... Dont forget Pinball Circus & the 2 unlicenced 2000 tables revenge from mars and wizard blocks which has a fully working prototype that has been exhibited at festivals
(youtube vids exist of it working)

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
My guesses:

V4
Cirqus Voltaire
Cactus Canyon
Hurricane

V5
Red & Ted's Road Show
White Water
JackBot

V6
Tales of the Arabian Nights
No Good Gofers
WHO Dunnit

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
TOTAN
Bad Cats
Mousin' Around

or

TOTAN
Jack Bot
Mousin Around

surely they cant have another volume just regurgitating tables that have been in TPA already

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
TOTAN
Bad Cats
Mousin' Around

or

TOTAN
Jack Bot
Mousin Around

surely they cant have another volume just regurgitating tables that have been in TPA already
It kind of cuts both ways. TPA pretty much made the most wanted tables, so I think Zen would be hard pressed not to sell the tables that people wanted (would still want) the most. TPA released many of these several years ago, so tech wise, there is a good deal of room available for improvement.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013

I have to take exception to this. What Zen are doing is anything but 'regurgitating' what Farsight produced.

The amount of work Zen are putting into these classic tables just does not compare, which is clearly evident in a quality that I think we all agree far exceeds that seen in TPA. And that's before we even start on the animated 'Zenified' options.

Calling it 'regurgitating' is doing Zen a very large disservice, imo.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Regurgitating? Hardly.

76CD9E614622D991FADDF4A2B9BA23A6C0B3E313

CD43744FB7993FA36E8690FC2EA356763EFC5B95

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I have to take exception to this. What Zen are doing is anything but 'regurgitating' what Farsight produced.

The amount of work Zen are putting into these classic tables just does not compare, which is clearly evident in a quality that I think we all agree far exceeds that seen in TPA. And that's before we even start on the animated 'Zenified' options.

Calling it 'regurgitating' is doing Zen a very large disservice, imo.

It depends. Re-doing earlier tables like AFM, ToM, and MM is necessary and the work Zen has put into these tables really makes a positive difference. I still want to see WH2O and ToTAN redone as well.

Redoing later TPA tables like TPZ, CP, JY, and SC helps to temper my excitement about the Zen Williams License. That and the fact we'll never get the SS and Alphanumeric tables. Bad news for anyone who did not get those table packs in TPA.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
That and the fact we'll never get the SS and Alphanumeric tables. Bad news for anyone who did not get those table packs in TPA.

Why do you say that? There's absolutely no reason to think Zen wouldn't do these. The priority is DMD to cater to better sales (as FarSight admitted to) and ease the Zen Pinball crowd into playing real tables. Give 'em time, they'll get to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.