Williams' Collection Volume 4 guesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
So I was watching the Dead Flip stream. Will the awful sound issues in Whitewater be fixed in the release build? I couldn't help but notice a lot of the sounds and even the music was off in Whitewater in whichever version he was playing.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Zen,

Can we please swap those blue side rails and lock down bar to the standard steel/chrome texture? At least for the standard (non-enhanced) version of Road Show?

I don't think any production Road Show actually used the blue versions and they look kind of goofy to me.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I'm pretty sure the tinny sound is the result of WhiteWater being an old machine, and having been manufactured with small, old speakers in the cabinet. Hopefully Zen can pull the audio and music from the chipset. It still may be tinny and compressed to save space on the chip - if so, I wonder if the original tapes are sitting around in a closet somewhere...

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I'm pretty sure the tinny sound is the result of WhiteWater being an old machine, and having been manufactured with small, old speakers in the cabinet. Hopefully Zen can pull the audio and music from the chipset. It still may be tinny and compressed to save space on the chip - if so, I wonder if the original tapes are sitting around in a closet somewhere...

As much as I’d love Zen to remaster the original audio, I simply cannot believe they would be able to gain access to the recordings, if they even still exist :confused:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So I was watching the Dead Flip stream. Will the awful sound issues in Whitewater be fixed in the release build? I couldn't help but notice a lot of the sounds and even the music was off in Whitewater in whichever version he was playing.

Could some of that be attributed to the actual stream? I've been playing the pre-release version, same as Dead_Flip, and don't really have any complaints about the audio. Even the real machine doesn't sound that great.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013

No no, that's not what I'm talking about. The voice clips and other recorded sound effects sounded fine, but many of the sound effects produced using FM Synth were off (The sounds that play when going through the outlanes/inlanes were some of the more noticeably off sounds in the stream), almost like they were playing an octave too low. The drums in the music also sounded really weird. Whitewater has my favorite sound package in pinball, so I'm used to the low quality sound clips and stuff, but of course I also want it to be just right in Pinball FX. The other Pre-DCS WPC games have sounded great, so I don't see any reason why this shouldn't, but when I heard how off everything sounded in the stream I was a little concerned.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Anyone got a link to this stream showing off the new tables discussed above or is it a live thing only/can’t be watched now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It’s only live (sorry, never got the hang of setting up Twitch) but I’ll be starting another one in 10 minutes (12:30 PDT) and will play for at least 30-45 minutes

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Thanks for the link. If we can also get one for ShutYerTrap’s Stream as well, that be ace.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Thanks for the link. If we can also get one for ShutYerTrap’s Stream as well, that be ace.

↑↑↑ post #268 its not a Twitch stream, think its the Steam live stream that SYT meant.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Does that mean it can’t be viewed after the fact? I’m pretty much useless with Twitch, Steam etc. Only relatively recently started watching YouTube, lol!

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Does that mean it can’t be viewed after the fact? I’m pretty much useless with Twitch, Steam etc. Only relatively recently started watching YouTube, lol!

On Twitch, go to the channel and click on the Videos tab and find the one you want. Dead_Flip has the Williams one up.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
[MENTION=3112]Blkthorne[/MENTION] No worries dude. Thanks for the tips. It’s more a case of me simply not using Twitch or Steam whereas I might actually open YouTube

I did try watching the Twitch stream but my ageing iPad2 simply didn’t want to load the video. Kept trying to reload the page and crashing.

Thankfully, Volume 4 drops for all of us very soon.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Something just occurred to me......Are there any non-licensed Bally/Williams DMD tables out there that isn't in TPA?

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
These flipper physics are just so good!
Can't wait for this to be added to the old packs, oh lawd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.