Warm hello to all, thanks for letting me join this great pinball community.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Just wanted to introduce myself as an avid new listener to the BlahCade podcast. Currently cherry picking my way through the back catalogue of episodes along with listening to the new ones. 'ShutyerTraps' directed folks to this forum on one of the episodes I listened to and here I am (finally!) For some reason I couldn't register using my mobile but managed to get it to work via my laptop. Anyway, this is my first post and it's great to interact with the BlahCade hosts and the rest of you folks having recently been bitten by the digital pinball bug anew. I'm absolutely loving the Williams tables coming to PINBALL FX3 and really enjoy your coverage of this game. I've been pouring over your volume pack table guesses and other speculation chat during the past few weeks before signing up here. I missed out on THE PINBALL ARCADE, been watching a lot of 'Crow Pinball's' You Tube videos to catch-up on all that I missed. Such a shame, had my head in other things. I may still give TPA a whirl on Nintendo Switch if they can bring more tables post-Williams licence debacle. I do also play STERN PINBALL, bought the stand-alone physical cart, and like a lot of those tables, especially STAR TREK, and still have fun with ZEN PINBALL 2 in 3D on PS3 and STAR WARS PINBALL 3D for 3DS. WILLIAMS PINBALL CLASSICS is also currently in my PS3 and I'm trying to complete the 'Challenge Mode' on there but PIN BOT keeps kicking my ass. So yeah, that's me. Always been partial to digital pinball since back on the Amiga with PINBALL DREAMS/FANTASIES and the original ZEN PINBALL got me hooked again for a time but it's only been recently with the launch of the Nintendo Switch and PINBALL FX3 getting the Williams tables that I've become really into digital pinball again. No pro skills but play for fun and more than happy to score-chase with any folks on here in tournaments etc. I'll stick my platform friend codes in my sig.

Off to download the latest BlahCade episode and look forward to hopefully interacting with some of you fine folks in the future.

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Just wanted to introduce myself as an avid new listener to the BlahCade podcast. Currently cherry picking my way through the back catalogue of episodes along with listening to the new ones. 'ShutyerTraps' directed folks to this forum on one of the episodes I listened to and here I am (finally!) For some reason I couldn't register using my mobile but managed to get it to work via my laptop. Anyway, this is my first post and it's great to interact with the BlahCade hosts and the rest of you folks having recently been bitten by the digital pinball bug anew. I'm absolutely loving the Williams tables coming to PINBALL FX3 and really enjoy your coverage of this game. I've been pouring over your volume pack table guesses and other speculation chat during the past few weeks before signing up here. I missed out on THE PINBALL ARCADE, been watching a lot of 'Crow Pinball's' You Tube videos to catch-up on all that I missed. Such a shame, had my head in other things. I may still give TPA a whirl on Nintendo Switch if they can bring more tables post-Williams licence debacle. I do also play STERN PINBALL, bought the stand-alone physical cart, and like a lot of those tables, especially STAR TREK, and still have fun with ZEN PINBALL 2 in 3D on PS3 and STAR WARS PINBALL 3D for 3DS. WILLIAMS PINBALL CLASSICS is also currently in my PS3 and I'm trying to complete the 'Challenge Mode' on there but PIN BOT keeps kicking my ass. So yeah, that's me. Always been partial to digital pinball since back on the Amiga with PINBALL DREAMS/FANTASIES and the original ZEN PINBALL got me hooked again for a time but it's only been recently with the launch of the Nintendo Switch and PINBALL FX3 getting the Williams tables that I've become really into digital pinball again. No pro skills but play for fun and more than happy to score-chase with any folks on here in tournaments etc. I'll stick my platform friend codes in my sig.

Off to download the latest BlahCade episode and look forward to hopefully interacting with some of you fine folks in the future.

Welcome! I'm also relatively new to this forum but enjoy the insight from this crowd as many of them have real pinball experience compared to some of the other forums where you mostly only have digital only pinball players. Since Williams tables came out, I lost all interest in the Zen originals as I love the intense, short game challenge.

Anyway, I though I'll share two other youtube channels worth following for quality (mostly classic arcade physics) gameplay... LUP's Club and Pinballwiz45b. I learn a lot from watching these guys play.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Hey Cloda,

Thanks for the welcome and cheers for the YouTube links. I shall indeed subscribe. Always looking to learn more about pinball and different tables.

EDIT: I'm actually already subbed to Pinballwiz45b, hadn't realised, lol!

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Also just starting to give ZACCARIA pinball a try on Nintendo Switch. Any recommended solid state tables for this one?

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Hey Cloda,

Thanks for the welcome and cheers for the YouTube links. I shall indeed subscribe. Always looking to learn more about pinball and different tables.

EDIT: I'm actually already subbed to Pinballwiz45b, hadn't realised, lol!

Cool... here are two more worth checking out... ShoryukenToTheChin (he creates the official table guides for Pinball FX3) and discoking828. I also dabble in strategy guides (on the official Zen studios forum) with the idea of teaching people how to play strategic, systematic and safe. I haven't done one recently but will soon do one for Attack from Mars (as soon as I get to the Wizard mode in classic arcade... only needed the super jackpot last night so it is getting close!).

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Welcome to the forum and thanks for being a BlahCade Pinball Podcast listener!

A good YouTube channel to subscribe to and see digital pinball in cabinet form is Spacey's Arcade. Does a great job of comparing Visual Pinball, TPA, and Zen with cabinet offerings.

With Zaccaria Pinball, I'm partial to their remakes. On Steam they have just released a sampler pack of 8 tables for $5, worth checking out. Nice thing about their pricing is if you already own a table, the cost is removed from the large packs.

Also on check out Yoku's Island Express (available on multiple platforms), a game that uses pinball mechanics for navigating and clearing levels, as well as Demon's Tilt on Steam which is old school 2D pinball mixed with bullet hell visuals. For something that can give your computer's graphic card a workout, check out Pinball Wicked.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Welcome to the forum, Lroy. You're one of the newest members in awhile; I had to close new registrations for awhile due to the crazy number of spammers trying to make accounts. It was taking up too much of my time to verify that they were real people.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Welcome to the forum.

Gord - think I'm missing something, why were spammers trying to make accounts on here, was it just to try and post umpteen links to random crud that no one would click on anyway? (Lord of the Rings Online forums used to have a problem with that).

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Welcome to the forum!

I think this happened around the time Zen introduced Williams Pinball on their platform. I remember when the website was slow to load at times.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Welcome, Lroy. Always nice to see a new face around.

Lroy said:
Also just starting to give ZACCARIA pinball a try on Nintendo Switch. Any recommended solid state tables for this one?

I would suggest starting with Solid State Pack 1. They put essentially all of their most popular SS tables in that one. SS Pack 2 is still good stuff, but Pack 1 definitely has their heavy hitting titles. Ones like Farfalla, Robot, Devil Riders, those are the tables Zaccaria is best known for.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Welcome to the forum.

Gord - think I'm missing something, why were spammers trying to make accounts on here, was it just to try and post umpteen links to random crud that no one would click on anyway? (Lord of the Rings Online forums used to have a problem with that).

Because spammers are jerks :)

They made 45 accounts in a 6 hour spam on Dec 19-20, so that’s when I killed registrations. I opened it up the other day and I had spammer registrations less than 5 mins later. I changed the question(s) asked at registration (pinball related math question) and haven’t had a single one since. I guess that’s the key - the registration question. I’ll keep on top of it now, changing it if needed.

Benny Baroni

Dec 19, 2018
Because spammers are jerks :)

They made 45 accounts in a 6 hour spam on Dec 19-20, so that’s when I killed registrations. I opened it up the other day and I had spammer registrations less than 5 mins later. I changed the question(s) asked at registration (pinball related math question) and haven’t had a single one since. I guess that’s the key - the registration question. I’ll keep on top of it now, changing it if needed.

So that's why it had me listed as the newest member for a few months...I was wondering what was up with that haha.

And welcome Lroy!

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Thanks for all the warm welcomes and useful links.

Been having a blast participating in some just-for-fun community digital pinball tournaments on tables such as JUNKYARD! (Classic/Arcade - Somehow managed a monster score of 97 million), ATTACK FROM MARS (this one was Tournament set-up, so hard) and other tables such as STAR TREK from STERN PINBALL, CUE BALL WIZARD from THE PINBALL ARCADE and even BLADE from ZEN 2 in 3D which was terrific. Would love to try VR Pinball one day. Plus of course THE PARTY ZONE 1-ball madness organised on here. Great times.

Really looking forward to Williams Volume 3 dropping tomorrow. Gonna be doing a tourney for THEATRE OF MAGIC.

Also picked up Solid State Pack 3 for ZACCARIA (I hadn't read the earlier recommendation for Pack 1, doh!) and Gottlieb Pack 3 for THE PINBALL ARCADE. Both on Switch. Oh and with ZACCARIA they offer you a bunch of retro tables and story/campaign modes for a couple of quid, so grabbed that as well. I'll have to take a look at the 'remake' tables alluded to above as well.

If anyone wants to find out more and fancies taking part and posting a score in any of these aforementioned table tournaments, just holler.

Last edited:

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
I've the demo of YOKU'S ISLAND downloaded, been meaning to give it a try. As for games mentioned on Steam, I have a laptop and it does seem to run games okay but at this stage in my gaming life, I'm pretty much console (Nintendo) exclusive as I no longer have the inclination to fiddle and upgrade PCs / laptops to get things to run properly. So PINBALL WICKED is probably out of my spec? I have installed PINBALL FX 3 and added likes of DEMON TILT to my WishList as it looks awesome but it would probably have to come to Switch for me to seriously consider buying it.

PINBALL FX 3 runs ok on my laptop if I toggle off some of the settings but I'm much more comfortable playing pinball on the Switch and that's the platform I intend to buy all the table packs for. Hopefully, ZEN can sort contacts out and get permission to add the missing MARVEL and STAR WARS tables etc. that are currently not available for Switch. Be cool to have the option of uncensored Williams tables on Switch as well but not holding my breath on that one.

Last edited:

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Welcome Lroy, sounds like you are already deep into the digital pinball world so you should fit right in here. And thank you Gord for all your work keeping this forum clean and clear of spammers - it's really a remarkably friendly and positive environment compared to most message boards.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thankfully we’ve gotten to a point where the members all play by the rules and police themselves. I don’t know the last time a post was flagged for being inappropriate.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Just had his bad boy delivered!
e7b7c2eeab5610a6cfdbab3272bca299.jpg

Month’s rental as a surprise B’Day treat. Awesome!

1e1dfd84e96bf01e3b7efeaa120178de.jpg

71498331f378c9d4fe534058f701effe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Members online

Members online