Tested episode with update on PinSim VR controller

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Nice find.

I've enjoyed my PinSim (or Micro Cab as I've been calling it), and I'm one of those that requested Jeremy to allow dual flipper buttons. I'm not currently happy with the nudge, but I suspect it's because of how I mounted everything. He put his all on the lid, I put mine mounted to the back wall. Seems the accelerometer might need to be mounted horizontally to work correctly, I just haven't tried that yet. Also, the dual stage flipper thing works, but then you can't do two flipper buttons too. It's a gimmick anyway, one I used so rarely when it was available with the PS3 version of TPA that I hardly noticed it missing when I switched over to the PC and used a PS4 controller. If I build more Micro Cabs in the future to sell (still figuring out how much it's actually going to cost with labor and materials included), I'll only be putting in single stage flipper mechanisms.

I still haven't tried it out with VR as I don't have that setup, but it's loads of fun even in 2D. The rumble motors are also VERY subtle, as vibrating through 3/4" wood is a bit of an ask when it was designed to be felt through a thin layer of plastic. One thought I've had would be to install speakers to the box, firing on the inside, which would no doubt have you feeling everything through the box then. I played a real Junk Yard recently that obviously had an upgraded in cabinet speaker, and it made me think it actually had a rumble motor in it!

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Just in time for the new about to be officially announced higher rez oculus rift :) its been leaked a bit. All we need now is zen to either add williams to fx2 vr or update fx3 for vr. Apearently playstation managed to sell 4million vr headset so zen will probably focus there first.

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
I’m intrigued at oculus go support. Didn’t realize fx2 Vr was on Go. Gotta find out how it plays vs. PC now

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.