Bug DMD goes crazy (ROM bug?) & WG not triggers

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
07:15 20M Abyss Award (wizard goal not registered)
08:20 20M Abyss Award
12:17 DMD out (dark)
13:09 DMD is strange (ce? / thousand separators omitted)
13:43 DMD language changed to German
14:23 NTION(?) and could not enter initials. I could change the letters with R1, R2, but when pressed X on the controller nothing happened, I could exit by the secondary flipper button (R2)
15:23 Language changed to French(?)
17:10 English again after drain. (No more problem after that)

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
DMD crazy again:

04:40 Two ball in a scoop
08:05 DMD starts going crazy (displaying BS characters)
08:17 Thousand separators missing
08:35 Geschlossen (German)
08:38 Cannot enter initials
09:28 Cannot exit from table to the menu from attract mode (had to close TPA)

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Yeah the ps4 version is bad baaaaaad... every update fixes something and breaks 5 other things. I love the game on pc but ps4 is not good. The tables that are still commercially available have issues the retired williams/bally have issues. The product sucks. What are playstations policies if you were to call up support and demand full refunds for a bad product that does not work right?

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
Well I don't want refund. I rather want Farsight to fix issues. I am trying to help them by reporting issues on this forum. If they care about it.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Just fired up TPA for the first time in a couple months on ps4, it was so glitched up with the sounds ive ignored the ps4 version for a while and stuck with the steam version. Kind of messed up i paid around 150 for tables on ps4 and have only played the tables on it a couple times each due to everyone having so many glitches. Anyway so i just fired it on up right now and noticed the physics have changed and its all slow and floaty now. I noticed this the most on addams family. When did you guys make it all slow on ps4?

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Its not the game running slow either you can repeatedly flip the flippers very quickly the ball is just much slower now and doing weird floaty crap, its also acting heavier making some ramp shots harder then they were. Its like the flippers are under powered and the ball weighs more.

I will put some videos to youtube later on and start a topic on this with edits of how it used to run on ps4 stolen from other youtube vids and a comparison of the pc version

Last edited:

JamesFarsightStudios

FarSight Employee
Jun 8, 2017
Errors on Gladiators

07:15 20M Abyss Award (wizard goal not registered)
08:20 20M Abyss Award
12:17 DMD out (dark)
13:09 DMD is strange (ce? / thousand separators omitted)
13:43 DMD language changed to German
14:23 NTION(?) and could not enter initials. I could change the letters with R1, R2, but when pressed X on the controller nothing happened, I could exit by the secondary flipper button (R2)
15:23 Language changed to French(?)
17:10 English again after drain. (No more problem after that)

7:15: The reason we think that your Abyss 20M wizard goal was not awarded is because the wizard goal achievement event is probably triggered by the sound file (heard @ 8:15) "20 Million!" as opposed to what's happening on the DMD. When triggering many things at once, some sounds are omitted by others. This also happens on the physical table, but the trigger event for the abyss wizard goal award will have to be changed to account for that. Issue will be bugged.
12:17: The DMD on the physical table does this as well. I know from personal experience as Gladiators is one of the tables we play in our local pinball league.
13:09: Same as above. Possible Rom errors, or things that the makers chose not to address.
13:43: Issue will be bugged into our database.
14:23: NTION does not make any sense, but this is when you defeated the dragon which halts game play for user to enter initials. When entering your initials the german above the entry is Drache Ist Besiegt (Dragon is Defeated.) We have not yet been able to reproduce this error.
15:23: This is also an error we can not yet reproduce.
17:10: Well that is good news.

JamesFarsightStudios

FarSight Employee
Jun 8, 2017
For the issues that you are having it might be possible that you have the Operator mode set to on. Please help us better understand the environment differences by listing any options you might have changed in the operators menu by opening the coin door.

Thank you.

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
For the issues that you are having it might be possible that you have the Operator mode set to on. Please help us better understand the environment differences by listing any options you might have changed in the operators menu by opening the coin door.

Thank you.

No operators menu for me. I bought the standard version.

My settings:

JamesFarsightStudios

FarSight Employee
Jun 8, 2017
04:40 This is a collision issue. We bugged this after a successful reproduction.
08:05 We bugged this as a DMD error although we think that this might be a Rom issue.
08:17 This is a Rom bug that mirrors the physical table.
We were not able to reproduce the remaining issues you have documented (08:35, 08:38 and 09:28) but these issues have been bugged as well.
Thank you for your efforts.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.