Thread: Williams Volume 3 *OFFICIAL* Game play thread

My Devices
    PC, PS4, XBox One, Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    The animations for the boxer in Champion Pub are wonderous. It's a shame they didn't make it so he changes faces depending on who you are fighting, but that's just a missed opportunity for an otherwise genius bit of Zen enhancement. I've not gotten through all the fighters yet myself, but notably absent seems to be Dan Under. If anybody fights him, please comment. Otherwise we need to question Zen as to what happened to him.

I have no idea what has been censored this go around, so console peeps, let's hear it! I guess I could turn on 'family mode' for PC, but why would I?
    Oddly enough, I ran across Dan Unda once. I create videos comparing the differences between the censored and uncensored versions of the Williams tables in Pinball FX3, and I went to capture footage of the censored version recently, flipped Family Mode on, and on my very next game I fought Dan Unda as the first boxer. I don't know if it was coincidence or not, because I haven't fought him since, and I must have played 10 or so games after that. I almost wonder if he shows up, but just randomly at a very low rate.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Dan Unda in a diner with Elvis and bigfoot.

Beyond that, have yet to fight him in FX3.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've been getting the same 2 boxers to start every time, both on mobile and Steam.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    PC, Oculus Rift, Nintendo Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only recall having one fight against Dan Unda, I can't remember the exact sequence though he was likely in the first three.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post

Starting with ToM:
    I have to admit that I was a little disappointed with the overall look of the table, which imo looks quite cartoony and flat, and certainly isn't on par with the lighting and graphics on Fish Tales. There's not a great deal of contrast between the colourful playfield art and the lit inserts. Also, if you look at the painted red areas of the lower playfield artwork, they almost completely merge into the red of the lit slingshots. Graphically, I think the table could do with a better lighting pass and a little shot of realism.
    I've just noticed that this was something that Spacie also picked up on in his vid:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyfruGm9NKk

Great vid as always Spacie

My Devices
    iPhone, iPad, Laptop, Virtual Cabinet
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased all tables from Williams available (10 now). I want to play the games, but get stuck with the message ‘collect table parts and promote your tables’. I can not play any of my purchased tables .. please help! Thanks in advance.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Dutchman View Post
    I purchased all tables from Williams available (10 now). I want to play the games, but get stuck with the message ‘collect table parts and promote your tables’. I can not play any of my purchased tables .. please help! Thanks in advance.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Dutchman View Post

Did you buy the tables immediately (no grinding), it looks like it's still trying to walk you through the tutorial.
    Try playing some League matches / challenges, or click restore purchases in the settings menu.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At start, after purchase (via AppStore), I could run through them, and I played some as well. Now I’m only getting the ‘ArcadePlay’ option and then the ‘collect table parts and promote your tables’ where it seems stuck. Thanks again ..

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reinstalled the Williams App. I was able to play the first challenge, in which I succeeded . After that, screen is stuck in the same manner.
    Really frustrating, buying tables & not able to play them. I hope there’s anybody out there with an answer. Thanks, much appreciated.

My Devices
    360, XB1, PSVita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    must be phone and computer thing FD! never seen those features on my xb1.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Contact support. I believe a few others had something similar happen and support took care of them.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It only seems to happen when I’m connected to the web. When my phone is in flightmodus there’s no problem and I can play / customize everything. I’ll get in touch with support. Thanks everyone for your input & feedback!

My Devices
    iOS, Android
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Android - The more I play The Champion Pub, the more vacuum-drainy the right outlane seems to be - I'm starting to think that it's really not that much better than in TPA. I would say over half of the time I get into a fight, it goes down that right outlane.

This is probably how the real-life table is. Makes the one-ball challenges really frustrating...

My Devices
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgias32 View Post
    On Android - The more I play The Champion Pub, the more vacuum-drainy the right outlane seems to be - I'm starting to think that it's really not that much better than in TPA. I would say over half of the time I get into a fight, it goes down that right outlane.

This is probably how the real-life table is. Makes the one-ball challenges really frustrating...
    Interesting. It's your shot selection, how you shoot the ball during a fight. Probably from trying for head shots rather than gut shots . I have had it drain there, but I've seen it bounce around and not drop into the KO lane more often than not. In TPA it was practically guaranteed to bounce and drain.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    iOS, Android
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right, I am going for head shots - I'll try more gut shots.

My Devices
    iOS, Android
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After playing through another 5 minute challenge on Safe Cracker, I think there is definitely a bit of tuning Zen should really do on the countdown timer.

Safe Cracker: during the board game, if the timer were to be paused during the "guard" sequences ("the guard is alerted to your presence", guard die roll animation), that would go a long way to reducing frustration - these animations feel like they drag on forever. I don't mind having the timer running while I am spinning the spinner or choosing a code, etc. since there is at least a chance to score points during the interactive part of the board game.

Party Zone: It seems like the timer should be paused during the "Party Monsters" and "Party Animals" animations, as it is during the "Party Dudes" animation when multiball starts.

My Devices
    iOS, PS3, PS4, Kindle Fire HD
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgias32 View Post
    After playing through another 5 minute challenge on Safe Cracker, I think there is definitely a bit of tuning Zen should really do on the countdown timer.

Safe Cracker: during the board game, if the timer were to be paused during the "guard" sequences ("the guard is alerted to your presence", guard die roll animation), that would go a long way to reducing frustration - these animations feel like they drag on forever. I don't mind having the timer running while I am spinning the spinner or choosing a code, etc. since there is at least a chance to score points during the interactive part of the board game.

Party Zone: It seems like the timer should be paused during the "Party Monsters" and "Party Animals" animations, as it is during the "Party Dudes" animation when multiball starts.
    Definitely. The tables are very inconsistent when it comes to pausing the timer when a video mode starts. Some tables like MM pause the timer for all videos while others like Black Rose and Party Zone are inconsistent.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I queried a few of these DMD timers during the beta though I'm not aware of any changes. Black Rose: Walk The Plank is one of the worst, especially on Survival Mode. The Getaway's lock sequences take an eternity and require a manual launch which throws the ball aimlessly into the middle of the table. The timer should stop and a lock should arguably grant a fully powered launch.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZREXMike2 View Post
    not crazy about the transparent balls, haven't noticed glowing flippers. ToM turned out to be great tho, once i got to playing it and adjusted to the ball speed.
    The speed of the ball seems a bit crazy on ToM, as well as its trajectory (I keep flipping the ball up the side ramps!). Probably need more practice, or maybe the ToM I've played in real life, had a more forgiving slope or playing surface.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Are you playing Arcade physics or Zen?

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arcade physics. It just seems different than the other tables. I have a much better feel for Champions Pub. I mean, I still suck, but just not as much.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must just be me. I played last night, and it seemed to handle completely differently than the other night.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123