Williams Volume 3 *OFFICIAL* Game play thread

Flying Dutchman

Jun 26, 2018
Reinstalled the Williams App. I was able to play the first challenge, in which I succeeded . After that, screen is stuck in the same manner.
Really frustrating, buying tables & not able to play them. I hope there’s anybody out there with an answer. Thanks, much appreciated.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Contact support. I believe a few others had something similar happen and support took care of them.

Flying Dutchman

Jun 26, 2018
It only seems to happen when I’m connected to the web. When my phone is in flightmodus there’s no problem and I can play / customize everything. I’ll get in touch with support. Thanks everyone for your input & feedback!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
On Android - The more I play The Champion Pub, the more vacuum-drainy the right outlane seems to be - I'm starting to think that it's really not that much better than in TPA. I would say over half of the time I get into a fight, it goes down that right outlane.

This is probably how the real-life table is. Makes the one-ball challenges really frustrating...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
On Android - The more I play The Champion Pub, the more vacuum-drainy the right outlane seems to be - I'm starting to think that it's really not that much better than in TPA. I would say over half of the time I get into a fight, it goes down that right outlane.

This is probably how the real-life table is. Makes the one-ball challenges really frustrating...

Interesting. It's your shot selection, how you shoot the ball during a fight. Probably from trying for head shots rather than gut shots ;) . I have had it drain there, but I've seen it bounce around and not drop into the KO lane more often than not. In TPA it was practically guaranteed to bounce and drain.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
After playing through another 5 minute challenge on Safe Cracker, I think there is definitely a bit of tuning Zen should really do on the countdown timer.

Safe Cracker: during the board game, if the timer were to be paused during the "guard" sequences ("the guard is alerted to your presence", guard die roll animation), that would go a long way to reducing frustration - these animations feel like they drag on forever. I don't mind having the timer running while I am spinning the spinner or choosing a code, etc. since there is at least a chance to score points during the interactive part of the board game.

Party Zone: It seems like the timer should be paused during the "Party Monsters" and "Party Animals" animations, as it is during the "Party Dudes" animation when multiball starts.

abouttreefitty

Apr 26, 2014
After playing through another 5 minute challenge on Safe Cracker, I think there is definitely a bit of tuning Zen should really do on the countdown timer.

Safe Cracker: during the board game, if the timer were to be paused during the "guard" sequences ("the guard is alerted to your presence", guard die roll animation), that would go a long way to reducing frustration - these animations feel like they drag on forever. I don't mind having the timer running while I am spinning the spinner or choosing a code, etc. since there is at least a chance to score points during the interactive part of the board game.

Party Zone: It seems like the timer should be paused during the "Party Monsters" and "Party Animals" animations, as it is during the "Party Dudes" animation when multiball starts.

Definitely. The tables are very inconsistent when it comes to pausing the timer when a video mode starts. Some tables like MM pause the timer for all videos while others like Black Rose and Party Zone are inconsistent.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
I queried a few of these DMD timers during the beta though I'm not aware of any changes. Black Rose: Walk The Plank is one of the worst, especially on Survival Mode. The Getaway's lock sequences take an eternity and require a manual launch which throws the ball aimlessly into the middle of the table. The timer should stop and a lock should arguably grant a fully powered launch.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
not crazy about the transparent balls, haven't noticed glowing flippers. ToM turned out to be great tho, once i got to playing it and adjusted to the ball speed. :)
The speed of the ball seems a bit crazy on ToM, as well as its trajectory (I keep flipping the ball up the side ramps!). Probably need more practice, or maybe the ToM I've played in real life, had a more forgiving slope or playing surface.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Arcade physics. It just seems different than the other tables. I have a much better feel for Champions Pub. I mean, I still suck, but just not as much.

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Theatre of Magic (Classic Arcade): A unexpected Grand Finale achievement

I was playing Theatre of Magic and only figuring out along the way what I needed to do; I reached the Grand Finale for the table achievement. This shows a lot of promise for putting up a great score on the table, but I'm in two minds as to if I want to play it now or wait a bit. I've reserved myself from playing the tables from the first three Volumes on my Xbox One as I'm waiting for Zen to implement the Volume 4 flipper physics.

One slightly puzzling thing that I noticed is that performing most of the flipper tricks felt much more consistent compared to with the Volume 4 physics.

Here are examples of the different flipper tricks pulled off in the game:

Post pass - 1m22
Drop catch - 4m11
Live catch - 5m43

Tip passes are easier to do on volume 4 physics.

Apart from that, I still prefer the Volume 4 flipper physics as feeling more real and appreciate i.e. the give of the flipper and the more realistic ball bounce off the flippers.

How do you guys feel about it and is it something you have noticed as well?

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Strategy video with commentary for Theatre of Magic on Classic Arcade(+Single Player)

In this game where I got the 500 million bonus for the Grand Finale and made 6.3 Billion for a Top 5 score on Classic Arcade, I give commentary on the clear and successful strategy I followed.

I based my strategy on the PAPA tutorial for the table, but had to adapt it as the FX3 table on Classic Arcade plays differently in certain ways. This table rewards patience and sticking to your strategy and each time I do well, I feel like I'm just one step away from getting a much bigger score. A hugely fun table and I can't wait to play it again when Zen implements their Volume 4 flipper physics on it.

#pinballfx #PinStratsDan #pinball #williamspinball #zen_studios

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.