Theatre of Magic Magnasave

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Man classic TOM kicks my ass. Love it. I've only hit 1.5B in classic vs. 3B in regular single player.

GET

May 1, 2016
I noticed something in the local leaderboards for Tom. It has a buy in score leaderboard. Maybe this is hinting at buy-in support in the future?

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Ive played allot of TOM in real life. They had one at this brewery called Down The Road where i go for my pinball league meets, sadly it is gone now. I miss that table so much :( I think zen got it pretty close, like 80%, where i would give TPA about 70ish. The way the ball reacts on the slings and rubbers is not accurate on either. Pretty much every zen and tpa table screw this up. They can get things to seem pretty close to reality but unfortunitly no video game in history has been able to get physics exactly like real life. They have some non video game things that are very close but they require allot of processing power and have to be rendered. Even the bighest triple A titles gravity is a joke.

Last edited:

skyway73

Feb 16, 2015
Ive played allot of TOM in real life. They had one at this brewery called Down The Road where i go for my pinball league meets, sadly it is gone now. I miss that table so much :( I think zen got it pretty close, like 80%, where i would give TPA about 70ish. The way the ball reacts on the slings and rubbers is not accurate on either. Pretty much every zen and tpa table screw this up. They can get things to seem pretty close to reality but unfortunitly no video game in history has been able to get physics exactly like real life. They have some non video game things that are very close but they require allot of processing power and have to be rendered. Even the bighest triple A titles gravity is a joke.

I agree the physics aren't quite there. Have you played Pro Pinball: Timeshock! - The ULTRA Edition? That has the most realistic physics in my opinion. Not to mention the excellent lighting 😊

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Beaten from Zen with the new arcade settings. In my opinion. :)

Agreed. Plus, there are some irritating shenanigans going on with the Pro Pinball physics, and while it was a fine game when it was released three years ago, and as a pinball fan it still occupies space on my hard drive; I will always choose a game of Zen Williams, Stern Pinball Arcade or even from a couple of the Zaccaria tables before I'd ever consider firing up Timeshock again. But to each their own.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Agreed. Plus, there are some irritating shenanigans going on with the Pro Pinball physics, and while it was a fine game when it was released three years ago, and as a pinball fan it still occupies space on my hard drive; I will always choose a game of Zen Williams, Stern Pinball Arcade or even from a couple of the Zaccaria tables before I'd ever consider firing up Timeshock again. But to each their own.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]I've installed all pro pinball titles since 20 years on every PC i own. They're milestones in digital pinball games and still great. I'm sure the developer team would be able to optimize the physics to a new level. Unfortunaly the project seems dead and I'm glad that Zem does the job now very well.[/FONT]

skyway73

Feb 16, 2015
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]I've installed all pro pinball titles since 20 years on every PC i own. They're milestones in digital pinball games and still great. I'm sure the developer team would be able to optimize the physics to a new level. Unfortunaly the project seems dead and I'm glad that Zem does the job now very well.[/FONT]

Well said. To be clear, I'm VERY happy with the job Zen are doing and although there's always room for improvement, it feels like pinball 😊

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.