Williams Pinball App Data Collection

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Yeah, these one-ball challenges are a pain to finish. Can certainly agree with that.

However, since these don't cost any tickets, why not?

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Pleased to inform the New Tables Booster has been reduced, 5 parts now costs 20 coins rather than 50.
It's a welcome change but I've effectively wasted 400 coins promoting my tables, it's getting tiresome.

Should also note, the parts are supposed to be random but the game has a clear preference for Hurricane.

Last edited:

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I'm looking forward to the iOS version dropping so we can see if they address the store issues.

An update on my experiences on Android since the pack 4 update:

1. At this point it appears that table parts for the new tables are only available through the "timed challenge" section, they never show up as awards in the regular daily challenges and I'm still getting lots of coins (I have all the other parts maxed). I asked Zen on facebook about this but didn't get any response.
2. I kept resetting the "White Water" timed challenge (5 coins to reset) until I earned 5 parts for Hurricane. The White Water 1-ball 80,000,000 points is extremely challenging, but I did beat it three times (probably 2-3 hours of work). The key is multiball, and a lot of luck. Luckily the table is a blast to play.
3. After unlocking Hurricane, I have a second challenge in the "timed challenge" section (the third one down), on Hurricane. Beating this challenge yields Road Show and Hurricane parts.
4. It looks like they have increased the number of parts from 1 to 3 in the parts awards, at least as of this writing. So beating the White Water challenge gets 3 Hurricane parts, and beating the Hurricane challenge gets you 3 Road Show and 3 Hurricane parts.
5. I now have Road Show at 1 star and Hurricane at 2 stars, but I have never seen either of these show up in the regular daily challenges.
6. There does not seem to be any way to earn White Water parts on Android at this time.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm looking forward to the iOS version dropping so we can see if they address the store issues.

An update on my experiences on Android since the pack 4 update:

1. At this point it appears that table parts for the new tables are only available through the "timed challenge" section, they never show up as awards in the regular daily challenges and I'm still getting lots of coins (I have all the other parts maxed). I asked Zen on facebook about this but didn't get any response.
2. I kept resetting the "White Water" timed challenge (5 coins to reset) until I earned 5 parts for Hurricane. The White Water 1-ball 80,000,000 points is extremely challenging, but I did beat it three times (probably 2-3 hours of work). The key is multiball, and a lot of luck. Luckily the table is a blast to play.
3. After unlocking Hurricane, I have a second challenge in the "timed challenge" section (the third one down), on Hurricane. Beating this challenge yields Road Show and Hurricane parts.
4. It looks like they have increased the number of parts from 1 to 3 in the parts awards, at least as of this writing. So beating the White Water challenge gets 3 Hurricane parts, and beating the Hurricane challenge gets you 3 Road Show and 3 Hurricane parts.
5. I now have Road Show at 1 star and Hurricane at 2 stars, but I have never seen either of these show up in the regular daily challenges.
6. There does not seem to be any way to earn White Water parts on Android at this time.

Lemme see if I'm understanding this correctly...

For the Basic, Advanced, Pro, and Premium challenges, you are earning coins instead of parts still? That would sort of address the problem of "what happens when there are 20 tables" if they've limited the first 10 tables to this section.

You are able to play White Water in the timed challenge, but reward parts were strictly for Hurricane. Once you had enough parts to unlock Hurricane, you now could play that too, with Road Show parts now available. I'm assuming those RS parts only show up in the Hurricane challenge though? Do you need to unlock RS to 2 stars in order for it to pop up as a 3rd timed challenge? Or is it already there? Just wondering if that will be the key to getting White Water parts.

Are the Williams physics still locked away behind 4 stars? I really was hoping that after talking to Mel and making the suggestion that there'd be a challenge using the new physics, just so people could experience them.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
There's a reason I've pretty much given up on the mobile version, and this latest release is it.

What's worse, is the regular daily challenges never start out at "easy" for me: they all (Basic, Advanced, and Pro) go Hard->Normal->Hard.

Add in the stupid 1-ball goal for WH20 and it's an exercise in nothing but frustration, drain after drain with nothing to show.

Back to Elder Scrolls Blades, where at least the most recent patch made it a lot easier and the unlocks are both satisfying and ad-free (and I get to beat up goblins and trolls and necromancers and...).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Since the Android version is the only Mobile version currently available and I'm on iOS, have any offers to purchase all the tables in the newest table pack dropped yet? If it has, is it once again a "Limited Time" offer (silly beyond belief to me).

I'd like to know beforehand if this is the case so I can get funds into my iTunes account before I download and run the app (iOS) since we are apparently on a timer for the purchase (why exactly?).:confused:

I may have to hold off on downloading the newest version on iOS just to keep this silly purchase timer from starting.

Last edited:

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Lemme see if I'm understanding this correctly...

For the Basic, Advanced, Pro, and Premium challenges, you are earning coins instead of parts still? That would sort of address the problem of "what happens when there are 20 tables" if they've limited the first 10 tables to this section.

You are able to play White Water in the timed challenge, but reward parts were strictly for Hurricane. Once you had enough parts to unlock Hurricane, you now could play that too, with Road Show parts now available. I'm assuming those RS parts only show up in the Hurricane challenge though? Do you need to unlock RS to 2 stars in order for it to pop up as a 3rd timed challenge? Or is it already there? Just wondering if that will be the key to getting White Water parts.

Are the Williams physics still locked away behind 4 stars? I really was hoping that after talking to Mel and making the suggestion that there'd be a challenge using the new physics, just so people could experience them.

1. Correct - for all of the "standard" daily challenges, I am earning coins instead of parts having maxed out the parts for packs 1-3.
2. There is no Road Show challenge in the current set of timed challenges - the three challenges are "White Water - free" (earns Hurricane parts), "White Water grade 2" (earns ?, would need to buy the "limited time 250 coin White Water" offer to upgrade White Water to find out) and "Hurricane 1 star" (earns Road Show and Hurricane parts). This current set of timed challenges expires for me this evening, it's possible Road Show will be in the next set (as well as a way to earn White Water parts). It's also possible that the set of timed challenges I am seeing is just one of a number of possible configurations.
3. The physics are brutal on White Water (and to a lesser extent Hurricane) in the timed challenges. After unlocking Hurricane to 2 stars, I can start a game and it definitely feels easier physics-wise than the timed challenge version, so I think we're getting arcade physics in the timed challenges. They are certainly not making it clear what physics you are using though.

Like you said before, it throws you off having the rules change drastically with each new release. As I'm getting accustomed to the new version, with the current balance (fairly easy to earn 5 coins in the daily challenges since I have maxed pack 1-3 table parts, 5 coins can be used to reset/refresh the timed challenges, which yield 3 or 6 table parts each) I can see a path to unlocking all the tables eventually (that is assuming White Water parts start getting awarded in the timed challenges). But it would be incomprehensible to a new user, only getting certain parts in certain places, and 5 coins come very dear before you have maxed the parts for the first 10.

The good news is I'm really enjoying White Water and Hurricane!

Last edited:

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Since the Android version is the only Mobile version currently available and I'm on iOS, have any offers to purchase all the tables in the newest table pack dropped yet? If it has, is it once again a "Limited Time" offer (silly beyond belief to me).

I'd like to know beforehand if this is the case so I can get funds into my iTunes account before I download and run the app (iOS) since we are apparently on a timer for the purchase (why exactly?).:confused:

I may have to hold off on downloading the newest version on iOS just to keep this silly purchase timer from starting.

I never saw a "Limited Time" offer for a purchase of the new tables show up in Android. One of Zen's comments on their Facebook post implies that they may have expected to have this offer appear to people, but they are not providing much info.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Managed to finish the last Limited Challenge before reset.

6 Hurricane parts and 3 RoadShow.

So I'm guessing every 5 you complete, you earn a bonus? Either that, or they buffed the rewards big time.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018

I've only seen two offers, one was White Water (2 Star upgrade) for 250 coins, the other was a complete pack which cost around 2000 coins. Both have long since disappeared.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I never saw a "Limited Time" offer for a purchase of the new tables show up in Android. One of Zen's comments on their Facebook post implies that they may have expected to have this offer appear to people, but they are not providing much info.

Sorry, to clarify, no "limited time pay $x cash for table pack 4" offer has come up on Android, just the two coin-based offers mentioned above (250 coins for White Water 2 star plus 250 tickets, and 2000 coins for the full collection). I'm still seeing these two offers a week in, although the White Water offer is expiring shortly. I'm not [currently] of the opinion that any table is worth 250 coins to get to 2 stars, that's frankly ridiculous, 250 coins is worth roughly $7-8 US.

Last edited:

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Sorry, to clarify, no "limited time pay $x cash for table pack 4" offer has come up on Android, just the two coin-based offers mentioned above (250 coins for White Water 2 star plus 250 tickets, and 2000 coins for the full collection). I'm still seeing these two offers a week in, although the White Water offer is expiring shortly. I'm not [currently] of the opinion that any table is worth 250 coins to get to 2 stars, that's frankly ridiculous, 250 coins is worth roughly $7-8 US.

Thanks a bunch for the info, Gorgias32...

If that's the case, I'm not about to grind (and grind) given the obstacles and difficulty posted here. I have better things to spend my time on. If the tables are for sale, I'll gladly buy (just as I have for the newest tables on the Mac version). If I need to grind, no dice. If they want my $20, that's up to Zen, not me.

Last edited:

Lykaion23

Apr 8, 2014
Daily challenges are back, but without parts for the three NEW Tables, no event challenges and also no possibillity to buy parts of new table or new tables

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Daily challenges are back, but without parts for the three NEW Tables, no event challenges and also no possibillity to buy parts of new table or new tables

I am seeing the same thing. There's currently no timed challenge at all, which means there is no possible way to earn parts for the new tables or to purchase them with cash or coins, other than the 2000 coin full collection or the 20 coins for 5 random parts purchase.

I am agreeing with SYT in his assessment in the last podcast that nobody at Zen is actually playing the mobile version - if they were, they would be screaming to the leadership to pull it or fix it. It's like the mobile store and experience is the bottom of the priority list for Zen and they have their devs or marketing people working on constantly tweaking it reactively, rather than putting together a comprehensive plan for it to do what it is supposed to be doing - maximizing Zen's revenue by pulling people in to the model, giving them a sense that spending time and money in the app is worthwhile, balanced and fair.

The only reason I could see releasing the latest changes, which make the new tables very difficult to access or earn parts for or buy, is that they had to rush it out the door to meet a deadline and didn't have time to think through the consequences to the player.

On a positive note, there have actually been two changes in the last few days that are in favor of the customer:

1. The timed challenge parts awards went from 1 part per card to 3 parts (will be nice when the time challenge comes back)
2. New tables that are upgraded to 1 star now appear to play in the regular daily challenges (although you still don't get parts for the new tables when finishing the challenges)

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Ok, update 45 minutes later - a new timed challenge has appeared, with some changes. There timed challenges are now set to "easy" (rather than "hard" as they were in the last timed challenge), and they have added a "Next 5 tickets" button (same as in the regular daily challenges) so you can skip the difficult/one-ball challenges etc. - also Road Show is the table for the first challenge.

This is definitely not the time to write a users guide, things are changing multiple times per day...

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
Anyone else on Android lose the new Volume 4 time challenges? The tab is still there but can't access anything. Another day, another Zen change.

Appears the only way to earn parts is the booster pack which is now only 12 coins over the previous 20.

I am nearly to the point where I am going to just drop the mobile version of the app. These constant changes (nearly all for the worse) are getting to the point where
the fun is being sucked out of the challenges and making the already hard grind even worse.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
It no longer looks fun or possible to actually earn tables anymore in any sort of reasonable time. I went from playing quite a few games a day to no games at all. Seems like they were better off with the ad revenue from the challenges.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It no longer looks fun or possible to actually earn tables anymore in any sort of reasonable time. I went from playing quite a few games a day to no games at all. Seems like they were better off with the ad revenue from the challenges.

Well look, on the one hand they made a good choice in separating earning parts for the new tables by purely putting them into their own separate challenge (unless something has changed and people now have earned Vol 4 parts in regular daily challenges; I haven't yet). That way you are still only earning parts for the original 10 tables in daily challenges, or in my case of having maxed them all, earning coins. The downside is that the parts are not going to be rolling in fast and heavy in the new challenges, where I am essentially earning 6 Hurricane parts and 4 Road Show, no White Water. It's gonna take around 55 days to max 'em all. That is with having paid the 250 coins for White Water so the 3rd challenge is open to me. I have that and Hurricane already at 2 stars, therefore playable whenever I want, and I'll have Road Show at 2 stars in 2 more days.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Well look, on the one hand they made a good choice in separating earning parts for the new tables by purely putting them into their own separate challenge (unless something has changed and people now have earned Vol 4 parts in regular daily challenges; I haven't yet). That way you are still only earning parts for the original 10 tables in daily challenges, or in my case of having maxed them all, earning coins. The downside is that the parts are not going to be rolling in fast and heavy in the new challenges, where I am essentially earning 6 Hurricane parts and 4 Road Show, no White Water. It's gonna take around 55 days to max 'em all. That is with having paid the 250 coins for White Water so the 3rd challenge is open to me. I have that and Hurricane already at 2 stars, therefore playable whenever I want, and I'll have Road Show at 2 stars in 2 more days.

I was at least getting them to 2 stars. Which isn’t ideal but it was ok for me for a mobile pinball fix. Didn’t want to buy them over on different devices. I felt it was possible...Now the challenges seem harder with less payout. I’m making as close as possible to zero progress with my skill level. Hopefully it’s working out for others. And if that makes Zen more money to support the product longer to keep making um I’m all for it. I’ll just play it on a different platform personally. Just bums me out is all. I did enjoy playing it when I got a few minutes.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts