Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Williams Pinball App Data Collection

My Devices
    iPad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On average I was getting one coin for every five challenges. I have just gone over 30 challenges in a row without receiving a single coin. 70,000 tickets and all the safecracker parts you could ever want.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Is that with just the Basic challenge? I know you are resetting that cycle, but donít know what other challenges you are playing. I was typically getting a coin out of the Pro challenge after the latest Ďadjustmentí, averaging 3 a day, no cycle resets.

My Devices
    iPad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 pro, 3 advanced, the rest basic. I finally hit paydirt on challenge 38. One coin. Yippee! Played five more and received another coin. Nothing in the last ten. Lots of cannot connect to server messages followed by crashes that bring me back to challenges erasing the challenge I just beat. It’s getting worse.

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not even been playing these past few days. I've been busy, granted, but at the times I've been playing pinball recently (usually watching TV after dinner), I've switched to Elder Scrolls Blades, which has zero ads and a much simpler currency system.*

* Okay, if you look at it from a certain standpoint, it has dozens of different "currencies", but these are all crafting materials needed to improve your equipment and rebuild the town: wood, stone, metals, herbs, precious gems, and so on - nothing you wouldn't expect from an Elder Scrolls RPG, in fact; in addition to generic "gold" (used to pay for upgrades in-game). The only purchasable currency are "gems" which are the de facto pay-to-win Smurfberries.
    "You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I get the Ďcannot connectí messages usually when I first log into the app, but Iíve never had one erase a challenge. Crashes occur when flipping the watch an ad card and that ad is interactive. Pushing the icon in the lower left corner and reporting it usually prevents the crash. Are you by chance charting your rewards?

My Devices
    iPad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the crashes regularly. The last two days are the first time the challenge I beat disappears erasing my progress. I started reporting the crashes yesterday as you suggested. I donít know if that contributes to the flakiness of the app and the scarcity of coins.

My Devices
    iPad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The crashes are usually based on particular advertisements and happen whenever the advertisement ends.

My Devices
    iPad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last two days I have had crashes or freeze up before the prize box opens as well. Hopefully volume 4 will stabilize the ship.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thatís what Iím saying, itís the interactive ads that crash the app. I just had 2 of those in the past 10 minutes, but as the ad started I pushed that little icon and bypassed the ad, no crash. It has nothing to do with the scarcity of the coins. Zen made a change a few weeks ago that increased ticket allotment but decreases parts, and really stifled coins. Iím earning coins easily right now only because all my tables are maxed and instead of a flip if the card giving me parts, it gives me a coin instead. Thatís why Iím scrambling to get 300 before the next pack drops so I donít have to worry about them.

My Devices
    PC, Oculus Rift, Nintendo Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where have all the coins gone, I've earned 22 in the past 3 weeks which is horrendous (avg. 1 per day).
    Part drops continue to disappoint so the incentive to keep playing challenges is rapidly diminishing.

Vol 3 Progress - Day 54:
    CP - 79/100
    SC - 74/100
    TOM - 46/100

My Devices
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Here's the summary after playing the app for 52 days

Level 39 (+2)
    Tickets 27,735 (+10,000 approx)
    Coins 301 (+246)

As you can see, I went farming for coins. Didn't matter what level of challenge I played, I always got at least one coin instead of a table part. Sometimes I'd get 2, on a rare occasion I'd get 3 but that was few and far between. I pretty much stopped playing the Premium challenge unless I knew it was an easy table for me, and even then I didn't try and try over and over again, failing 3 times was pretty much my limit. Same went for Pro more or less. I did find that cycling through the Basic challenge over and over meant playing a rotation of like 3 tables, so that also got boring fast. Let's just say I've played a LOT of Black Rose, Party Zone, and Junk Yard for some reason.

I really don't know how many of you will be able to exploit farming for coins like I did, as obviously you first have to max out all the tables. It is something to keep in mind though if you find yourself buying all the tables outright next time offered. Here's what you'd have to do...

1. Buy a pack of 300 coins
    2. Play for parts of the 3 newest tables.
    3. As soon as you have the 100 parts needed for full upgrade, do it. This will speed up collecting on the remaining tables.
    4. Playing to the 15 star goal of Basic and Advanced will net you 6 parts in total each. Pro will get you 8 parts, Premium 9.
    5. Expect it to take at least 30 days to earn enough parts for that first upgrade IF you are playing all the challenges to 15 stars.
    6. Once that first table is upgraded, you'll earn the other table's parts within 10-15 days probably.
    7. Once you have upgraded all 3 tables, you need to bank coins for the next go around.
    8. I was earning around 25 coins per day, just farming for them. I wanted to beat the next release by having 300 ready to go.
    9. You can now choose to relax on farming for coins. Or can you?
    10. I plan on continuing to play daily and earning more coins, but not with any sort of purpose. There might come a time when Zen either raises the coins needed for upgrade or does a special release of a table (I'm thinking how they said licensed tables would get their own release separate from Volume packs), so having an even larger cache of coins would save you the headache of finding yourself once again behind what is needed.

Obviously none of this is ideal, but for those of us that want to spend as little as possible (or anything at all), this is the reality.

Next Time

More of the same, still updating the score chart. I slacked off on doing that this last week, mainly because most of the scores I need to grab are in the Premium challenge. I still hope that once I talk to Mel, a spotlight can be shone on this whole mess. It is simply impossible for a new app user to get anywhere in this game now, and that does not bode well for the life of the app. Even people that would prefer paying upfront for it all, imagine opening the app for the first time and being hit with "Special offer, $50 bucks for all, you only have 3 days". Yeah, no bueno.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Samsung s8, gear VR, PC, OUYA, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they ended up crediting me 500 tickets for that glitch i was experiencing weeks back where it was forcing me to pay the coin for the extra card flip every game. lost about 30ish coins (all of them at the time). now i have like 3 coins. looks like they fixed that though as it no longer happens. unfortunately i was skating and slammed myself down sideways onto the street, im fine but my phone was in my pocket and is now spider-web city. it still works for calls and stuff but pinball is not fun on it, gonna need a replacement soon but too broke to care at the moment so taking a break on the app for a bit.

My Devices
    Mi Pad 4 Plus, Xperia XZ2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I know that I still don't have 100 coins....... I've been grinding daily challenges almost every day since the game came out on android. And I still don't know how their biggest selling point, physics, actually feels like. So how am I supposed to know is the game actually worth the money. Something is broken there. Apart from plunging.
    Dear FS, Special Force and Radical, please.

My Devices
    iPad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else unable to open boxes on iOS? I see on another thread Android users are having this issue. Win a challenge, the box stays locked. Go back to challenges and the challenge you just beat is erased.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Itís happening to me on iOS. Clearly something went pfffzzzttt!

My Devices
    iPad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on your advice SYT I bought some coins to get me over the top. I finally start collecting coins and now....

My Devices
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I posted a tweet to Zen. It got their attention before, hopefully it will again.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just received a 102mb patch, thought it might be new beta tables but sadly not. Challenges have received a significant overhaul, they now all cost 5 tickets to refresh which is pretty cool and they appear to have been allocated a difficulty level and target score!

My Devices
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MBeeching View Post
    Just received a 102mb patch, thought it might be new beta tables but sadly not. Challenges have received a significant overhaul, they now all cost 5 tickets to refresh which is pretty cool and they appear to have been allocated a difficulty level and target score!
    Huh, that for Android? On iOS nothing has changed other than the challenge rewards working again after not all day yesterday.

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    Huh, that for Android? On iOS nothing has changed other than the challenge rewards working again after not all day yesterday.
    Probably the newly-announced tables downloading in readiness for being unlocked on release date (5/28).
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    Yeah on Android, here's the new menu.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wow, that IS noticeably different! Keep an eye out for collecting, see if they adjusted reward drops. Hopefully they capped table parts and didnít raise upgrade values. Also wondering if all those score goals we collected stayed the same.

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I like that the target scores are posted up-front. 102Mb is a bit big for a few UI changes though, so I'm guessing all the new table data is still in there.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EldarOfSuburbia View Post
    Okay, I like that the target scores are posted up-front. 102Mb is a bit big for a few UI changes though, so I'm guessing all the new table data is still in there.
    I've searched my phone but I haven't found anything obvious yet. Each table is 12-25mb and they use the same names as Steam e.g. BALLY_TheatreofMagic.pxp. That table folder is currently 151.97mb and the contents haven't been modified since the 10th April, though bizarrely AFM is completely missing and I can't find it anywhere. Suppose it's possible there are more encrypted files stored separately from the app.

Elsewhere the only changes I can see are updates to small user cache files, WMS3Assets and PTSData. Excitingly you can also browse all the advert video files and many are in mp4 format, now I can watch them to my heart's content! (wonder if those can be replaced and tampered with...)
    Last edited by MBeeching; 05-15-2019 at 08:15 AM.

My Devices
    PC,Android,PS3,PS4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for the challenges drops of coins not increased, parts at the moment I don`t got some I don`t need, but don`t need to mean something, cause only black rose is full part now without upgrade to level 4
    The basic challenge after completion you can recharge for 20 tickets, the advance and pro are refresh quicker with 5 coins, every normal refresh is 24 hours after completing the challenge

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast