Williams Pinball App Data Collection

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Just received a 102mb patch, thought it might be new beta tables but sadly not. Challenges have received a significant overhaul, they now all cost 5 tickets to refresh which is pretty cool and they appear to have been allocated a difficulty level and target score!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Just received a 102mb patch, thought it might be new beta tables but sadly not. Challenges have received a significant overhaul, they now all cost 5 tickets to refresh which is pretty cool and they appear to have been allocated a difficulty level and target score!

Huh, that for Android? On iOS nothing has changed other than the challenge rewards working again after not all day yesterday.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Huh, that for Android? On iOS nothing has changed other than the challenge rewards working again after not all day yesterday.

Yeah on Android, here's the new menu.

will-chall-May.jpg

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Wow, that IS noticeably different! Keep an eye out for collecting, see if they adjusted reward drops. Hopefully they capped table parts and didn’t raise upgrade values. Also wondering if all those score goals we collected stayed the same.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Okay, I like that the target scores are posted up-front. 102Mb is a bit big for a few UI changes though, so I'm guessing all the new table data is still in there.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Okay, I like that the target scores are posted up-front. 102Mb is a bit big for a few UI changes though, so I'm guessing all the new table data is still in there.

I've searched my phone but I haven't found anything obvious yet. Each table is 12-25mb and they use the same names as Steam e.g. BALLY_TheatreofMagic.pxp. That table folder is currently 151.97mb and the contents haven't been modified since the 10th April, though bizarrely AFM is completely missing and I can't find it anywhere. Suppose it's possible there are more encrypted files stored separately from the app.

Elsewhere the only changes I can see are updates to small user cache files, WMS3Assets and PTSData. Excitingly you can also browse all the advert video files and many are in mp4 format, now I can watch them to my heart's content! (wonder if those can be replaced and tampered with...)

Last edited:

Lykaion23

Apr 8, 2014
As for the challenges drops of coins not increased, parts at the moment I don`t got some I don`t need, but don`t need to mean something, cause only black rose is full part now without upgrade to level 4
The basic challenge after completion you can recharge for 20 tickets, the advance and pro are refresh quicker with 5 coins, every normal refresh is 24 hours after completing the challenge

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
It does appear there's now a hard cap on parts, hurrah! I should be able to max out the remaining tables relatively quickly and can hopefully start mining coins instead.

Some of the target scores have indeed changed but here's really the great news... Safe Cracker 1-ball is now a thing (Easy = 240,000) :rolleyes:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It does appear there's now a hard cap on parts, hurrah! I should be able to max out the remaining tables relatively quickly and can hopefully start mining coins instead.

Some of the target scores have indeed changed but here's really the great news... Safe Cracker 1-ball is now a thing (Easy = 240,000) :rolleyes:

Oh good! Hard cap doesn’t solve all, but it certainly is the first step that was needed.

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
I have been in a mad Zen Coin collecting rush. Having all the tables maxed out is a great way to horde coins in preparation for the next pack. I have Zen coins and tickets to unlock volume 4 once I collect all the
parts. In the mean time I am going to continue to grind the challenges for Zen Coins. I am glad they did not change anything with the latest release in that regard.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I have been in a mad Zen Coin collecting rush. Having all the tables maxed out is a great way to horde coins in preparation for the next pack. I have Zen coins and tickets to unlock volume 4 once I collect all the
parts. In the mean time I am going to continue to grind the challenges for Zen Coins. I am glad they did not change anything with the latest release in that regard.

Yep! I’m trying for at least 400 coins in reserve by May 28th. I’m at 350 right now.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I was on a similar pace until this week...I did a 7 day free trial of HBO so I could catch up on GoT and watch the finale (normally I just waited to buy on disc but there’s no way I’d avoid spoilers that long) and have just been binging that and other shows while I have it! Will be back on track come Monday.

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
I was on a similar pace until this week...I did a 7 day free trial of HBO so I could catch up on GoT and watch the finale (normally I just waited to buy on disc but there’s no way I’d avoid spoilers that long) and have just been binging that and other shows while I have it! Will be back on track come Monday.

:D

I did the same. Added HBONow just so I could watch the last season and then just binged watched Seasons 1-3 of Deadwood in prep for the Movie launch. Forgot how much I loved that show. What a shame they cancelled it and left it
like that at end of seasons 3.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
:D

I did the same. Added HBONow just so I could watch the last season and then just binged watched Seasons 1-3 of Deadwood in prep for the Movie launch. Forgot how much I loved that show. What a shame they cancelled it and left it
like that at end of seasons 3.

I actually got to work a few days on first season of Deadwood. Really was a good show.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Never watched Deadwood when it was on Sky, I take it that even with whatever happens at the end of season 3 its worth watching if I ever get through the backlog of everything I've got recorded. Nearly caught up with Supergirl, watched all 4 Arrowverse series up to the mid-season break and by the time I got there several of the post-break episodes had already come out. Ian MacShane was briefly in Game of Thrones as well.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Fairly late in the day but the Android version has now received the update. Something's definitely not right though, parts for the new tables aren't dropping and they appear to be completely absent from the store.

Members online

Members online