Williams Pinball App Data Collection

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
You can still do offline play if the servers are down (provided you have unlocked the offline play mode).

Just disconnect from Wi-Fi on your device, also disable cellular data for the Williams Pinball app since if Wi-Fi is disabled, it will try to connect via cellular as a second means to connect to the Zen servers. You do have to hit "Cancel" to continue to the offline aspect of the game if it can't connect due to no internet.

Nope, shows I don’t own a single table, have a single coin or ticket. This is probably because I already got blanked from the non server. Had I not opened the app and turned off cell data and wi-fi, then this might have worked. Too late now, gotta wait for Monday.

I've always assumed that offline play meant just that...you could play offline on your owned tables but high scores & XP were possibly not registered and online aspects of the game were disabled.

I've also never lost the ability to play an "Owned" table in offline mode...my XP is of course reset to 1 (although I am really at 31 XP) due to no access to the servers.

I tried this just now...I turned on Airplane Mode (iOS), thus disabling all internet communications (cellular & Wi-Fi). I then ran Williams and got the following message:

"You are not connected to the internet. Leaderboards, online game modes and Privacy Settings require an active internet connection, therefore you may experience reduced functionality."

Retry | Cancel

Hitting "Cancel" will start the app with my XP reset to 1 (beginning XP level), Arcade Tickets and Zen Coins at the top menu bar display "Loading" indefinitely.

Hitting "Arcade Play" brings up all of my owned tables which I can then play at will. All other aspects of the game such as the store, Daily Challenges and Multiplayer bring up some sort of "You're not connected to the internet" message that you need to cancel out of.

I don't know if getting a high score on a table played in this offline mode will save your score, possibly in an on-device buffer until you're back online since I don't believe I've ever gotten a high score in offline mode (if I did, I didn't make note of it).

Last edited:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Surprised to hear that you have to watch ads to play the Advanced challenge still. I wonder if that is because you haven't reached level 2 most of your tables yet.

Found out why I was still having the advert - app hadn't downloaded the latest version, had the vol. 4 table parts and icons but not the actual tables or the newer interface for the challenges - got an error message when White Water came up as a challenge. Updated now and no advert on second challenge.

Quickest challenge I've found is Fish Tales 1 ball basic. Get fast cast once and 5 star done; 3 fast casts and 15 star done; probably 2 fast casts for 10 star but I missed on that one.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
I've always assumed that offline play meant just that...you could play offline on your owned tables but high scores & XP were possibly not registered and online aspects of the game were disabled.

Android's 'offline' mode acts the same which seems like a bit of a swizz, if there's a server/connection issue the game won't start unless you disable the Wi-Fi / 4G connection on the device. Once you've completed that manual process you're allowed to play Grade 2+ tables offline.

Despite taking a break* I've collected all the parts and now grinding Zen coins again, Hurricane is the only table I haven't fully promoted and it's doubtful I will bother.

*What have I missed? :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Welcome back! It’s been relatively sane with collecting. I think the changes Zen made did the trick. Other than that, I’ve been posting challenge vids to YouTube to help people, and started a Twitch channel doing it live on mobile.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
"Table part of the day" is now an option in the shop. Similar to the free tickets, its watch an advert and get a table part. Probably got added in the recent update.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Welcome back! It’s been relatively sane with collecting. I think the changes Zen made did the trick. Other than that, I’ve been posting challenge vids to YouTube to help people, and started a Twitch channel doing it live on mobile.

I agree with that. Just got my last machine part!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.