Williams Pinball App Data Collection

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Sry I don't know why you say that. I checked it right now and got 4 from 5 cards Flips after Basic challenge( 15 Tickets, 1 CP Part, 1 stupid customization Skins, 25 tickets) so there are still Table parts earnable through challenges the only thing that bothers me for 2 weeks now is that After 24hours refresh you start with highest difficulty in every challenge but only getting rewards for easy

I was getting parts dropped. Not sure if I got any for the three new tables, but definitely got parts dropped.

One other thing - my Daily Challenges went Hard-Normal-Hard at each level. Is that a thing now or is something wrong?

Good to hear there are still part drops for the previous tables though it doesn't help my situation, thought collecting this set was going to be relatively straightforward. Has anyone else hard capped Vol 1-3, that's the only way to confirm what's going on.

It seems likely this change has been implemented to restrict grinding for new tables releases - As I've collected all the previous parts I'm stuck earning coins for the time being.

There are no daily part rewards on my storefront either so the only way to collect any is via weekly challenges or the 50 coin chests. Presumably Volume 4 parts will eventually filter down to the standard challenges, though I might have to wait for Volume 5 or 6 for that to occur.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'll be able to check the parts drop out definitively when it comes to iOS, as I've already maxed all my tables and don't receive parts, period. It was the same way when Vol 3 dropped, in that I was all maxed and therefore the only parts I received were for the new tables. One possibility that Zen has implemented could be that you are to collect and max the older volumes before you are able to collect for the newer. This would address the issue of having too many tables to collect for, thereby not being able to upgrade any. Of course that too could be a bit counter intuitive in that people clearly want to play the new releases too and this would prevent that.

I don't know. It really is disheartening having not just the goal post moved every release, but now finding out your now playing a completely different sport!

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
The weekly challenge scores have already been reduced, a massive relief as I haven't managed to complete any of them!

If I recall correctly...
White Water / Survival - 120m > 90m
White Water / 5 Minutes - 110m > 82.5m
Hurricane / Survival - 22.5m > 13.5m

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
On Android, I can confirm that I have all parts maxed for 1-3, and have been playing challenges since yesterday and have not had a single part drop for the new tables (just extra coins, exactly as before the vol 4 release). I was also more than a little disappointed that there is no "purchase vol 4 for $10" offer this time, I was planning on taking that offer.

The only part I have gotten so far is one part for Hurricane from the (hard) White Water "limited time" challenge (after probably 5 tries), and this challenge is once per 24 hours with a 5 coin reset. If you win it quickly each day (it appears to be a one week limited event), you could end the challenge with 6 parts for Hurricane (assuming it always awards a single Hurricane part each try).

On the plus side, this does let new users try out White Water in 5 minute challenge mode without needing to unlock anything, so that's a good thing, and something we were asking for. In general the "limited time challenge" feature is a great vehicle to give rotating access to tables that are not unlocked.

I am very much hoping that the "no vol 4 parts drops in regular daily awards" is just a bug/oversight, not intentional. If Zen is planning on having different mechanisms for earning parts based on what table pack the parts are for, that's just going to make a complicated system that much more complicated.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The weekly challenge scores have already been reduced, a massive relief as I haven't managed to complete any of them!

If I recall correctly...
White Water / Survival - 120m > 90m
White Water / 5 Minutes - 110m > 82.5m
Hurricane / Survival - 22.5m > 13.5m

I've got some different ones, but yes it does appear to have gone down.

They're all listed as "Hard" and all I can see at the moment is White Water - 1-ball - 80m; it was 120m when I looked earlier.

80m on WH20 1-ball is still ridiculously hard. (Doesn't help that with the default camera view, you can barely see the upper flipper, so timing shots to Insanity Falls / Bigfoot Bluff is stupidly hard.)

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
The only part I have gotten so far is one part for Hurricane from the (hard) White Water "limited time" challenge (after probably 5 tries), and this challenge is once per 24 hours with a 5 coin reset. If I win it quickly each day I MIGHT end the challenge with 5 parts for Hurricane.

Definitely 24 hours? On mine a refresh takes 7 days or 5 coins. My initial fear was no manual refresh so at least there's some scope there.

80m on WH20 1-ball is still ridiculously hard. (Doesn't help that with the default camera view, you can barely see the upper flipper, so timing shots to Insanity Falls / Bigfoot Bluff is stupidly hard.)

That's an insane score for 1-Ball on White Water, there are too many insta-drain opportunities on that table.
Have you managed to try Road Show yet? Due to the wide body you can't view the plunger, it's either completely offscreen or zoomed out.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Definitely 24 hours? On mine a refresh takes 7 days or 5 coins. My initial fear was no manual refresh so at least there's some scope there.

That's an insane score for 1-Ball on White Water, there are too many insta-drain opportunities on that table.
Have you managed to try Road Show yet? Due to the wide body you can't view the plunger, it's either completely offscreen or zoomed out.

I am seeing 6 days 7 hours left in the challenge, but "new challenge coming" in 20 hours, so yes I think it's a daily reset.

The next challenge up is a one-ball though, so that will probably be the end of the road for me with White Water...

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
I am seeing 6 days 7 hours left in the challenge, but "new challenge coming" in 20 hours, so yes I think it's a daily reset.

The next challenge up is a one-ball though, so that will probably be the end of the road for me with White Water...

I just completed another and now it's 24 hours, I'll have to plead temporary blindness or a glitch. Might be worth splurging a few coins on chests to promote those new tables to grade 1. In doing so I've unlocked the other weekly challenges and got Road Show into standard challenge rotation, unfortunately completing those does not drop parts.

(Hurricane 1-Ball 24m - yeah that can go to hell :eek:).

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014

No, only WH20 has been available to me so far. I don't have any coins or tickets saved up and I'm way behind on grinding for everything. It's a long haul and I'm not inclined to pay money to unlock anything, and I've already cut way down on my playing time (yesterday was my first go in a couple of weeks).

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
doh! Just realised why Whitewater is called WH20 - I was thinking "WH" "20" and it wasn't making any sense, instead of "W" "H20" - should have been really obvious, I even have a Physics degree! So WW is Whirlwind, and Waterworld and Willy Wonka must be something different as well?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
doh! Just realised why Whitewater is called WH20 - I was thinking "WH" "20" and it wasn't making any sense, instead of "W" "H20" - should have been really obvious, I even have a Physics degree! So WW is Whirlwind, and Waterworld and Willy Wonka must be something different as well?

Something like that! Though Willy Wonka is still too new, and Waterworld, while generally regarded as not terrible (for a late-era DMD Gottlieb/Premier), is not nearly as talked-about as the two WMS tables.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Well, bad news. Got the last parts for Theatre and Safe Cracker. The free table part per day disappears from the store, and I'm starting to earn coins now. Let's do some math:

5 parts for 50 coins is 1 part for 10, effectively, from the store.

If you replay the limited challenge, it's 5 coins to reset for 1 part. So it's cheaper to get 5 parts for Hurricane (25 coins) that way instead of getting them from the store.

If they don't update the rewards to include the new tables' parts, then the minimum, worst case cost, to get Hurricane is 170 * 5 + 100 = 950 coins, through the limited time challenge, plus the 3,900 tickets you'd normally need. Best case is if you unlock the other tables and play those challenges daily.

As it currently stands, you'd still need 340 parts for RoadShow and White Water. Divide that by 5, you get 68 purchases. Multiply that by 50, comes to a total of 3400 coins. Aside from ticket costs, you need a whopping 3600 coins to account for the rest of Volume 4.

EDIT: And that's not even the ABSOLUTE worst case.

If you go table part packs all the way, JUST for the new volume, then you're looking at a total of 510 parts. 102 purchases, comes at a total of 5100 coins. PLUS the 300 you need to upgrade to Grade 4. 5400 coins. You'd essentially be spending money on your PC or console at this point.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Folks, start raising a stink on Twitter about this @zen_studios and [MENTION=687]Pinball[/MENTION]FX3 and let them know right away how ridiculous this is looking. Be sure to use #WilliamsApp

This will get their attention more than anything. Just be respectful of the developers in your complaining.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
minimum, worst case cost, to get Hurricane is 170 * 5 + 100 = 950 coins, through the limited time challenge, plus the 3,900 tickets you'd normally need. Best case is if you unlock the other tables and play those challenges daily.

It gets even worse when you consider the 950 challenges you'd have to play to earn those coins in the first place :p
So that's 1120 games to unlock Hurricane, if each takes 5 minutes that's over 93hrs.

Although I've unlocked all three of these new challenges, two slots are already occupied with impossible 1-ball challenges. I have to wait a week for those to change.

(I don't even want Hurricane, what am I doing with my life?)

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Granted, I don't know if these Limited Time Challenges really reset every week, or if they're really only available for 7 days. I know they reset every day, but still.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Granted, I don't know if these Limited Time Challenges really reset every week, or if they're really only available for 7 days. I know they reset every day, but still.

They only reset when you complete them, if you can't beat one you have to wait the full 7 days. I suppose the logical thing to do is beat it then wait 24hrs for the next one, if manage that every single day I'll have Hurricane by mid-November.

That won't work either because these Hurricane parts will likely disappear next week and I'll be earning something else.

Last edited:

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I'm still hoping that all of the sudden parts for the new tables will start showing up in my daily challenges drops.

Another odd thing is, it's not currently possible to buy the new tables outright (unlock for 250 coins) on Android, at least with all other parts maxed. The volume 4 tables just don't show up in the list at all. There's essentially no possible way to access Road Show on Android right now, other than purchasing the 2000 coin "upgrade everything to 2 stars" special.

I wonder if the marketing folks behind the mobile app at Zen have a different mental model on the coin economy due to having unlimited access to free coins during their testing - it still feels to me that the value of the coins is way way off. At the end of the day, why should it cost 2-3 (or more) times as much to own a table on Android as it does on Steam, where there's a superior experience?

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
I'm still hoping that all of the sudden parts for the new tables will start showing up in my daily challenges drops.

Another odd thing is, it's not currently possible to buy the new tables outright (unlock for 250 coins) on Android, at least with all other parts maxed. The volume 4 tables just don't show up in the list at all. There's essentially no possible way to access Road Show on Android right now, other than purchasing the 2000 coin "upgrade everything to 2 stars" special.

I wonder if the marketing folks behind the mobile app at Zen have a different mental model on the coin economy due to having unlimited access to free coins during their testing - it still feels to me that the value of the coins is way way off. At the end of the day, why should it cost 2-3 (or more) times as much to own a table on Android as it does on Steam, where there's a superior experience?

I obtained Road Show by reluctantly burning coins on the 'New Table Booster' on the store (50 coins = 5 random parts). Unfortunately it contains parts for the following tables: Theatre of Magic / Champion Pub / Safe Cracker / White Water / Road Show / Hurricane.

If you haven't hard-capped TOM/CP/SC then it could get very expensive! It's far from ideal as I planned to use those coins for Grade 4 promotions.

Totally agree with your comments regarding mobile pricing. It kinda makes sense if treated as an isolated product, but for many of us it's just an inferior secondary platform. I much prefer the Zen Pinball app in that respect and only buy the tables which I really enjoy on PC.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Ok, so crisis SOMEWHAT averted. So Zen failed to mention you can get OTHER table parts in limited-time challenges. This lowers the price even further, and we just have to worry about White Water right now.

I just unlocked Hurricane Grade 1 and was able to play that challenge, which grants me these below. We'll have to wait and see tomorrow if any of these change up.

D8BNeVYXYAARdyI.jpg:large

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
My expectation is that the part rewards for Challenge 1 & 2 will change every 7 days, with the third remaining random.
(Challenge 1 - Hurricane / Challenge 2 - Road Show / Challenge 3 - Random Vol 4)

I'm unable to complete any of these 1-Ball challenges so I'm awaiting a reset :(
They're well beyond my skill level though I'd like to think I'm an above average player.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.