Williams Pinball App Data Collection

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
A neat idea...

Speaking of tickets, I wonder if there'll be some sort of conversion rate of tickets to coins, eventually?

Like, 100-250 tickets per coin?

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
A neat idea...

Speaking of tickets, I wonder if there'll be some sort of conversion rate of tickets to coins, eventually?

Like, 100-250 tickets per coin?

Absolutely, would love to see that. Tickets for coins would be great, and both are valuable.

In general it would be great to have some way to exchange things you don't need (tickets, extra parts) for something you do (coins, different table parts). Even with a steep exchange rate of value, it would still really go a long way to making the grinding feel more worthwhile and level-ups more achievable.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
What on earth has happened to AFM / MM / TOM today, complete no-shows.

Table Frequency: 50 Basic Challenge Refreshes
AFM - 0% (0)
BR - 6% (3)
CP - 16% (8)
FT - 20% (10)
HS - 8% (4)
JY - 10% (5)
MM - 0% (0)
PZ - 16% (8)
SC - 24% (12)
TOM - 0% (0)

I was actually investigating something else entirely but I thought these stats could might be of interest - All will be revealed :D

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
What on earth has happened to AFM / MM / TOM today, complete no-shows.

Okay it hasn't taken long to crack this case, today I won't be seeing Black Rose / High Speed / Safe Cracker on basic challenge rotation. Those tables are now occupying the Advanced / Pro / Premium challenge slots so they're evicted from Basic, which explains why certain tables can seemingly disappear for an extended period of time.

There's another element to all this though, if you've only promoted one or two of your favourite tables to level 3 they're always going to cycle that Pro slot and regularly drop out of basic rotation. On that basis maybe I should promote Junk Yard to Level 3 as statistically that would reduce the number of times I see it on basic!

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
That is interesting! I’ve not been able to devise any sort of pattern but clearly you’re seeing one. Keep tracking it, see if you can predict the next days choices.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
That is interesting! I’ve not been able to devise any sort of pattern but clearly you’re seeing one. Keep tracking it, see if you can predict the next days choices.

I don't think there's a pattern for the daily refresh, but if you're grinding basic their rotation is restricted to 7 tables. The other three are temporarily locked into Advanced / Pro / Premium.

I'm slightly cheesed off as I thought I'd cracked the Enigma code and devised a way to predict and efficiently grind coins. However when the daily refresh occurred the pattern changed completely and they've stopped dropping. If keep testing I might be able to work this out though I'm not sure I can bear fifty basics every day.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
For one coin you get ~17 tickets (worst rate) up to ~22 tickets (best rate). 250 tickets/coin would be a truly awful rate.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If they don’t institute hard caps on parts, then those should totally be available to exchange for coins. Like 1 coin for 10 parts.

Also, I don’t know if it was because of me losing a gasket on Twitter the other day or what, but after 3 days in a row of only earning 3 coins, I just earned 11 in one day.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Spare part rewards are the biggest issue, allowing users to exchange those for coins would be the simplest solution. I don't think Zen would consider ticket trading for coins unless the exchange rate is truly horrendous, they need to preserve their value.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Spare part rewards are the biggest issue, allowing users to exchange those for coins would be the simplest solution. I don't think Zen would consider ticket trading for coins unless the exchange rate is truly horrendous, they need to preserve their value.

Should spare parts be limited to game only? If not, then it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a simple conversion for other tables or even coins.

If this is the case, then 2 for 1 on another table wouldn't be a bad trade off. For coins, I'm thinking 5 for 1 coin. (Just as long as those parts are available, of course, if a table still needs parts.) Parts are not easy to come by compared to how it was before.

twopossums

Apr 14, 2019
Just listening to the latest episode (love it by the way I'm a new listener).

Do we know that Zen is going to offer a chance to just buy the tables outright when they release the new table pack? I'm guessing they did before and I somehow missed it (it be nice if there was someway to reset it) Because quite frankly I'm getting disillusioned. There is just no way I'm going to be able to unlock all the tables. I have all 10 tables to level 2 which honestly is all you really need. I can play when I want and I can play offline but I will forever be spinning my wheels and unlocking new tables will only get harder if I don't get them to level 4.

If we know that they will offer that again than I'll be happy. If I'm stuck on this fremium model that quite frankly is rigged so I can't win then I then at some point I just won't play anymore. Being forced to play tables I don't like to get points sometimes Is a real grind and can suck the joy out of the game. I'm stuck playing Black Rose all day to get 15 stars when I'd rather play Medieval Madness but I know if I don't get this 15 star then I fall even further behind.

Sorry a bit of a ramble but there it is.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
My guess, based on past offers, is that when a new pack comes out, they will offer a straight-up purchase option for just that pack (3 tables for $10) for a limited time - a few days. The first time you install the app, there is currently a "buy all 10 tables for $30" link available. But there's no way to, say, re-enable the offer for pack #1 (MM, Getaway, and Junk Yard) or to re-enable the "buy all 10" offer after it times out the first time.

But to be fair, the app is still pretty new, and this will probably change. Zen runs sales on their fantasy tables at least 3-4 times a year and offers different combinations of packs, and they have a very savvy marketing department, so I would expect that there will be other sales coming up including on mobile as the app matures.

twopossums

Apr 14, 2019
But to be fair, the app is still pretty new, and this will probably change. Zen runs sales on their fantasy tables at least 3-4 times a year and offers different combinations of packs, and they have a very savvy marketing department, so I would expect that there will be other sales coming up including on mobile as the app matures.

That is certainly true. Just looking at the numbers there is no way they can continue with this current way of unlocking tables. If they release 3 tables every 6-8 weeks we'll have another 20 or so in a year. At 30 tables I don't know how someone who was new could even get to level 2 on a table.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Two days ago, zero coins. Yesterday, one coin. Today, two coins. And that’s playing Basic, Advanced, Pro, and Premium to 15 stars (usually). Meanwhile I earned over 1000 tickets each day. The balance of scales is waaaay off right now.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Day 87 Grind Progress (Android)
XP Level: 41
All 10 tables promoted to grade 3
Features unlocked with coins: Visuals / Difficulty / Physics

Table parts:
CP - 55/100
SC - 63/100
TOM - 28/100
Others - 100/100

Just noticed the tables now support offline arcade play at Grade 2, that's a pleasant surprise! As I've already unlocked the core gameplay features I'd only gain save, ball trails and practice mode if I promote the tables to Grade 4.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Here's the summary after playing the app for 35 days

Level 36 (+1)
Tickets 15,535 (+ 3470)
Coins 84 (+24)

Safe Cracker: all parts needed to upgrade since Day 16

I had two days last week with zero coins found, a single and double coin day. Ridiculous. I should have had my 100 coins needed by this point, and instead will be lucky to have them by the end of next week. Meanwhile the parts I'm earning daily for Safe Cracker, that I don't need at all, is over 500 now. The only good news is the ticket count daily has for sure gone up, often being over 1000 in a single day. Hurray.

Percentages So Far

I've updated with another week's worth of data and you can just check it out here...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oqNLMJObuJlnnHcrlPKSdSZRL1UBDYOn2CgdEMbVMN8/edit?usp=sharing

Next Time

I still haven't gotten a response from Zen, so I'm still hopeful to talk with someone about this. The score collection chart is probably 80% filled in now, and anyone wanting to see it can do so here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Nnz1x_Xy3LU_qfhBQMY5l-ps5nVIHv02UOOlS_7poWc/edit?usp=sharing

msilcommand

Mar 22, 2019
You're a much more patient man than I. The mobile experience is so weak comparatively that I just can't put much time into it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.