List any Zaccaria Pinball bugs/issues you still run into on PC

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Regarding 6, it’d probably be a little more helpful if you could indicate which table or situation all those ‘bugs’ occur. As well as indicating your PC specs. If reproducible, it could be looked at, but random complaints that most people don’t seem to suffer from would likely fall into the void.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I reckon everyone put your 2c worth in and stop arguing like 2 neighbors over the fence . life is too short , 2 doors down from me I have a 13 year old with brain cancer which she has had for 3 years . her family moved a year ago from the Sunshine Coast to be near the Hospital . she is fighting for her life , she is over in North Carolina for the 2nd time having experimental cancer treatment . when she started school this year , on the first day they didn`t have a helper for her , so her father had to take her home , she devastated . I cry for and I normally don`t pray , but for her I say a prayer , life is too short , enjoy it , put a smile on your dial even if your feeling down , be kind .:cool:

msilcommand

Mar 22, 2019
I reckon everyone put your 2c worth in and stop arguing like 2 neighbors over the fence . life is too short , 2 doors down from me I have a 13 year old with brain cancer which she has had for 3 years . her family moved a year ago from the Sunshine Coast to be near the Hospital . she is fighting for her life , she is over in North Carolina for the 2nd time having experimental cancer treatment . when she started school this year , on the first day they didn`t have a helper for her , so her father had to take her home , she devastated . I cry for and I normally don`t pray , but for her I say a prayer , life is too short , enjoy it , put a smile on your dial even if your feeling down , be kind .:cool:

I'm new to this forum, and somewhat new to being serious about geeking on digital pinball. My intention here was truly not to offend or annoy or come across as an ass. I honestly was just coming off of having tried Zaccaria Pinball on Steam a few times, and thought it could be helpful to have a place to list the bugs/issues that people are experiencing. I was maybe being overzealous in just wanting to participate. Obviously, I listed the issues I was coming across, and that struck a nerve somehow, maybe because they seemed dumb or ignorant to the hardcore folks who populate the forum. I didn't intend that. It's honestly just because I am a newb, and got caught up defending myself rather than realizing my newbness was probably just annoying to the old schoolers and experts. I don't really understand the norms of this forum yet, but I will figure it out. Mea culpa.

Last edited:

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Seriously? Go list them on Steam and/or Facebook. Why would you want to fragment the feedback loop? And while you are over in the Steam forum, read through all the bug lists (and fixes) and Zsolt posts and everything they have been working on for the last couple years. Zac has a LOT of quirks, and one of them is a huge underdog mentality that the fanbase embraces. So proceed with caution.

This forum, while covering all digital pinball, leans very Farsight and more recently Zen.

msilcommand

Mar 22, 2019
Seriously? Go list them on Steam and/or Facebook. Why would you want to fragment the feedback loop? And while you are over in the Steam forum, read through all the bug lists (and fixes) and Zsolt posts and everything they have been working on for the last couple years. Zac has a LOT of quirks, and one of them is a huge underdog mentality that the fanbase embraces. So proceed with caution.

This forum, while covering all digital pinball, leans very Farsight and more recently Zen.

Listen, I would delete the thread if I could, but I don't have access to close or delete it. If I knew what the feedback loop was, do you think I would have created this thread? Do you guys just assume everyone is a trolling *******? I created it thinking it could be helpful. Obviously it was misplaced. I apologize. You are some seriously grouchy ****ers.

On another topic, I was just talking with my buddy about playing Worm on my old TRS80 in middle school, around '88 (it came up, because he was playing Pepper II, and it reminded me of Snake games from the old days). We were poor, so we always got outdated leftover crap, but the Trash came from a secondhand store with a whole box of floppies. Sure, it was pretty dated at that point, but it was fun. We kept that thing in the corner forever. I remember, years later, actually combing AOL forums (after having grabbed a bunch of the freebie disks from around the neighborhood) for answers on how to get a flight sim running on the Trash that was still running strong.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
On another topic...

I was blessed with parents that wanted to surprise by buying not what you asked for, but the next (or next, next) best thing. So I got an Odyssey² instead of a 2600, a TRS-80 instead of an Apple II, and when they finally relented to us kids probably knowing what was best for us, when we asked for a C64, they came home with a C128 (just FYI, this isn't an upgrade for gamers).

So... I guess my tag is a badge of honor worn with irony. You see, I have had the ability to purchase every single bit of tech that eluded me over my young years, and you know what? Nostalgia blows superior (popular) tech away. Always.

Last edited:

msilcommand

Mar 22, 2019
I was blessed with parents that wanted to surprise by buying not what you asked for, but the next (or next, next) best thing. So I got an Odyssey² instead of a 2600, a TRS-80 instead of an Apple II, and when they finally relented to us kids probably knowing what was best for us, when we asked for a C64, they came home with a C128 (just FYI, this isn't an upgrade for gamers).

So... I guess my tag is a badge of honor worn with irony. You see, I have had the ability to purchase every single bit of tech that eluded me over my young years, and you know what? Nostalgia blows superior (popular) tech away. Always.

The good old days. I have pretty much everything I ever dreamed of (pre N64) as a kid on a tiny Pie, the size of a brownie.

We never had enough money to drop enough quarters in pins to make the money worthwhile, when there were an arcade games a few feet away that I knew I could get significant time on for my money. I definitely played a few times on every real pin I came across in the 80s and 90s, but discovering TPA, and the fact that I could finally learn the tables and techniques enough to make one game last enough time to have fun...well that was a dream come true. I gave up on digital pinball after Space Cadet. TPA was my doorway back. It's 100% nostalgia to me, although I do enjoy Zen's original tables now that I am back into it.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

The only console I had as a kid was an Odyssey 2. My parents got it at a timeshare sales pitch. It came with one cartridge with 3 games on it, and that was it. Unfortunately it was a year after any store was still selling stuff for that console so it was DOA. It wasn’t until Christmas of 1998 that I got a PlayStation from my fiancé and an N64 from my buddy that I finally had a console of my own.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
The only console I had as a kid was an Odyssey 2. My parents got it at a timeshare sales pitch. It came with one cartridge with 3 games on it, and that was it. Unfortunately it was a year after any store was still selling stuff for that console so it was DOA. It wasn’t until Christmas of 1998 that I got a PlayStation from my fiancé and an N64 from my buddy that I finally had a console of my own.

With all this Odyssey 2 talk maybe we should discuss the KC Munchkin verses Pac-Man drama as an analog for the Farsight and Zen licensing stuff.

I (My dad) had to replace the joysticks twice which meant a drive into downtown and a visit to the Magnavox repair shop, needless to say, the repair guys there had no idea what these contraptions were, couldn't repair them and after they made a long distance call (which they billed us for) told us to come back in about 3 weeks for a replacement. We had a few cartridges, and I remember them being expensive, and when we'd get a new one, my dad would choose the 3 in 1 types for their perceived extra value. I'm beginning to realize all my current problems are due to my parents console and home computer choices, and I wouldn't change a thing.

This left hand path of technology kind of stuck with me to where when I could make my own purchases, I went with TG-16, Dreamcast, and the like. I wasn't so self-destructive to choose a Jaguar or original 3DO, but I've certainly enjoyed thinking different (when it wasn't about Mac vs PC).

Last edited:

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
The good old days. I have pretty much everything I ever dreamed of (pre N64) as a kid on a tiny Pie, the size of a brownie.

We never had enough money to drop enough quarters in pins to make the money worthwhile, when there were an arcade games a few feet away that I knew I could get significant time on for my money. I definitely played a few times on every real pin I came across in the 80s and 90s, but discovering TPA, and the fact that I could finally learn the tables and techniques enough to make one game last enough time to have fun...well that was a dream come true. I gave up on digital pinball after Space Cadet. TPA was my doorway back. It's 100% nostalgia to me, although I do enjoy Zen's original tables now that I am back into it.

I love emulations, but it ain't the same. I've purchased every single console ever released along with most games and have had them all set up on a switching system and racked up in a custom enclosure. But like I eluded to elsewhere, I didn't really miss anything... and other than being able to say "Hey look." They really are not something I'll actually play, and I kind of find myself in the same predicament with pinball, though the video cabinet solutions are getting very close to making me want to finally replace some of my temperamental pins, there is still a convincing argument for real deal.

The good old days... While we weren't poor, my parents didn't just gift us with rolls of quarters for the arcade. The arcade I frequented (The Gold Mine complete with mine-like entrance) was about 50/50 pins and video games in 1980 or so and I found myself gravitating to the EM tables that had 5 ball per play instead of the 3 per quarter. Funny thing is, some of those EM tables were hard as nails compared to the early SS machines. Oh well.

Now the worst arcade decision I did ever make was after watching this one huge pinball machine for a few weeks. I realized it was a waste of my allowance, but that $1.00 (yes, one freakin' dollar) was burning a hole in my pocket and just had to experience Hercules first hand. Well... You know how it went. I hate that table.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
This thread is going sideways on a tangent, but it's such a fun tangent!

If you see a Hercules, you simply have to play it. It won't translate in any other form, and though it functions like crap, it's still an experience. Same goes for Orbitor 1, which is straight up bonkers and by the 3rd ball you'll wonder if you shouldn't have cut bait already, but no way could you have NOT played it! And yeah, my folks rarely gave me a quarter, so I'd stand by whatever video game was there in the grocery store and watch whoever played. On rare occasions, the person playing would leave an extra credit on the machine or get pulled away by their parents, leaving a game in action for me to swoop in on (on promptly lose a life within 30 seconds).

I think I chose who I'd be good friends with based on what console they had. The Atari 2600 kids, those were a dime a dozen. Kid with Intellivision, usually kinda quirky, better have a decent game collection. ColecoVision, that kid was my new best friend! My actual best friend at the time had that and the 2600, a bazillion games, and it was all in his bedroom which meant we could play to our hearts content. NES happened while I was in high school, so I didn't pay it any attention, not when I could drive myself to an actual arcade. By college my buddy had the SNES, Genesis, and Turbo Grafix 16, and he would lend them to me and my roommates. He did get the Jaguar (Aliens vs Predator blew our minds if for nothing else than being the first game we played with surround sound) and the 3DO (Incredible Machine for the win) which he'd also let me borrow. It was him who gave me the N64, but the PlayStation won me over almost immediately. Funny thing is, he was always trying to get me into PC gaming, and it took pinball to make that happen.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Dude, the 3DO was the machine of dreams for the couch multiplayer. We never got our hands on one though. Too expensive, if I remember correctly.

It was wildly expensive. I think in today dollars it would have cost upwards of $800. Scary part is, it was still cheaper than the NEO GEO console, which touted having the exact same games and code that were found in the arcade. That was the one system my buddy couldn't justify buying, but looked at longingly every time we stepped foot in an Electronics Boutique. The 3DO was an interesting idea though, trying to sell it like a VCR with them getting the fee for creating VHS. I think in the end only 2 other companies other than Panasonic made an actual console.

Mar 9, 2012
I had an Odyssey 2 as well.. about 15 games.. my fav was Pick Axe Pete :) and the 2 KC games..

And SYT.. I had an intellivision with 48 games :) so I was that quirky Kid... haha

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
It was wildly expensive. I think in today dollars it would have cost upwards of $800. Scary part is, it was still cheaper than the NEO GEO console, which touted having the exact same games and code that were found in the arcade. That was the one system my buddy couldn't justify buying, but looked at longingly every time we stepped foot in an Electronics Boutique. The 3DO was an interesting idea though, trying to sell it like a VCR with them getting the fee for creating VHS. I think in the end only 2 other companies other than Panasonic made an actual console.

I finally bought a Panasonic FZ-10 3DO years later (still have it) and it was everything the magazines said it was, long loading times, horrible controller input delay and a poor selection of games. The games looked amazing for the time, but dealing with pauses and loading during multiplayer madden football while in the middle of a play (streaming sound and 'real-time' commentary) made me realize it was never a serious console contender. Thanks Trip.

Ahh, the NEO GEO... I wanted that so bad, but even some of the games were over $200 each at the time which was ludicrous. Grown me finally purchased one and most of the games, and it lives up to the hype. In my opinion it is the best console ever made.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
I had an Odyssey 2 as well.. about 15 games.. my fav was Pick Axe Pete :) and the 2 KC games..

And SYT.. I had an intellivision with 48 games :) so I was that quirky Kid... haha

I never knew there were so many of us... and we've gone this far without mentioning THUNDERBALL!?!?!? Board owner needs to make an Odyssey 2 section.

41s3vq1L24L.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.