List any Zaccaria Pinball bugs/issues you still run into on PC

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Did anybody have the Vextrex?

gce-vectrex-console.jpg

Do gotta say those vector graphics arcade games never translated to the home TV since they didn't have that screen burn intensity.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Did anybody have the Vextrex?

gce-vectrex-console.jpg

Do gotta say those vector graphics arcade games never translated to the home TV since they didn't have that screen burn intensity.

I loved, loved, loved Star Castle... I'm sure I funded the retirement of whomever the operator was of the machine that was placed at a Taco Bueno circa 1981.

Vectrex home system has a built in monitor, it doesn't hook up to a TV. You can still find good ones (though usually overpriced), but if you are looking for a specific game, I recommend going with an arcade unit over the home unit mainly for the superior input controls.

msilcommand

Mar 22, 2019
I had an Odyssey 2 as well.. about 15 games.. my fav was Pick Axe Pete :) and the 2 KC games..

And SYT.. I had an intellivision with 48 games :) so I was that quirky Kid... haha

My cousin had an Intellivision. He was kind of stingy about it though. He only allowed people to play Demon Attack, which I recall being hard af, which meant we didn't want to play it long. I did inherit his 2600 though, and sooooo many games, and I put so much time on that thing. Centipede, Yars, Atlantis, Tempest, adventure, river raid, outlaw, space invaders, king fu, pacman, video pinball, pitfall, etc etc etc, and of course...my obsession...missile command.

We got an NES for Christmas (I am thinking '90), when it was on sale for only $50 with mario/duck hunt and the light gun. It's amazing to think what a battle it was to get our parents to spring $50 (I think like half off or more) for a present for me (13) and my 2 year old brother, whom I said could play with me (bwah hahaha). Remember when Christmas was just one big present, and some small junk and stockings? Anyway, despite my evil design, he did end up playing the heck out of the NES within a year. When I needed to get him to leave me alone I played Metroid, because it scared him. He got a used N64 in 2000, and I ended up going over to hang and play Golden Eye and FZero with him a lot. Over a holiday I watched him complete Ocarina of Time. I acted as navigator, looking up tips on the early interwebs.

msilcommand

Mar 22, 2019
I never knew there were so many of us... and we've gone this far without mentioning THUNDERBALL!?!?!? Board owner needs to make an Odyssey 2 section.

41s3vq1L24L.jpg

Thunderball! Looks rad, but then again, cartridges always looked rad back then, and then you started the thing up.

Anyone remember E.T. for the 2600? I remember being so psyched when a friend gave it to me, saying it was dumb, me thinking he was just a moron who sucked at gaming. Holy crap was that game a hunk. The cover sure looked nice though.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Apologies for posting in the wrong place or duplicating a comment I made in another thread but I'm trying to find out if ZACCARIA has a known bug/error/crash on Nintendo Switch? The game has suddenly closed down on me on several occasions. Seems to happen during the achievement pop up messages or when the leaderboards load-up? Anyone on Switch also experienced this issue? I'm talking about the game suddenly closing and showing the black software had to close unexpectedly error message in white text.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Apologies for posting in the wrong place or duplicating a comment I made in another thread but I'm trying to find out if ZACCARIA has a known bug/error/crash on Nintendo Switch? The game has suddenly closed down on me on several occasions. Seems to happen during the achievement pop up messages or when the leaderboards load-up? Anyone on Switch also experienced this issue? I'm talking about the game suddenly closing and showing the black software had to close unexpectedly error message in white text.
Haven't experienced that yet.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to respond - Shogun00. Another Switch user I know has contacted me and said he has had the game shutting down on him. So, still unsure whether it is my Switch, my install of the game or a more common bug in the software on Switch specifically for multiple users. I have 'archived' the game and redownloaded it, so will see if that improves my experience.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and bought Remake Pack 1 and played every table in that pack without crashes back to the Switch home menu. So touch wood, I think by 'archiving' the software and then redownloading the game may have largely fixed it. I still find the game does seem to chug and the frame-rate drops on occasions where the achievement pop-ups happen. Is there a way to turn that off (the achievement pop-ups) in the Switch version? The most consistent example I can find of the game stuttering occurs on the CIRCUS remake table. After launching the ball you often get a second ball auto-plunge - just as that is about to happen the first ball visibly jerks on its way down to the flippers. Can only assume this is a performance issue inherent to the Switch version? I'd really like to see the back glass displays gets some higher res images too. Surprised they didn't get someone to do different back glasses on the same theme for the remake tables.

Still enjoying the game and will no doubt continue to buy future tables but most likely wait for a sale in the future.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
You can reduce the stuttering by turning off some of the unnecessary special effects. Such as the particle effects and glass reflection.

dmil666

May 19, 2018
I just picked up the retro table pack (for $.99 - such a deal) and I'm having lots of program crashes.
I'm playing in cabinet mode with two screens, Windows 10 ver. 1809.
Specifically, If I play one table, go back to the main menu and select another table and play it, then go back and select a third table, one of two things happen:
1. - The screen is blank, but you can launch a ball and hear it bouncing around, hear the flippers, and scoring will show up on the backglass screen. After that, if I go back and select any other table, the screen is still blank but the table will "play". I have to exit from the program and restart it to get the table image back.
or
2. - The program crashes out to the windows explorer screen. Debug dumps in the Zaccaria folder.

This happens every 3rd table using the retro pack. Doesn't seem to happen on the remakes (in try-out mode).

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm literally chatting with Mart, the community manager right now. I passed this along to him, dmil666

They don't look at this site hardly ever. He is asking if you can post it in the Steam forum too.

dmil666

May 19, 2018
I'm literally chatting with Mart, the community manager right now. I passed this along to him, dmil666

They don't look at this site hardly ever. He is asking if you can post it in the Steam forum too.

If I can find the forum I'll post it. I'm not brilliant on Steam....

Done. Posted in Zaccaria technical support.

Last edited:

msilcommand

Mar 22, 2019

And you guys said this thread is pretty much worthless...lol

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
The game doesn't load at all. I tried reinstalling the game, I tried downloading drivers, everything. I keep getting an error when I try to load Zaccaria Pinball on Steam.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.