List any Zaccaria Pinball bugs/issues you still run into on PC

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Those are your top issues that you feel makes the game "almost unplayable"?

msilcommand said:
The game is still almost unplayable on Steam, with so many table bugs, it's actually pretty incredible.

Also, you can turn the dust off. Find "Particle Effect" in the graphics options and turn it off.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I just assumed your list of top issues would have more actual serious bugs, is all, given your stance on the game. As is, the opening post pretty much just lends credence to what syt said about hyperbole. I mean, one of them is literally just an option that can be turned off.

At least you finally listed some specific bugs you've had, those are probably what you should have opened with, because they are pretty bad bugs. I myself have experienced the ball flying off the table into space a few times. Never really found any sort of way to reproduce it though, unfortunately.

But certainly I can't contest that if you find the flippers unbearable as is, then yeah, it wouldn't be enjoyable for you to play. Even if calling it "unplayable" is still hyperbole.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I have played actual Zaccaria tables, and the flippers are indeed underpowered. What I took for floaty physics and odd angles the ball was coming off flippers at, was in fact how those tables played. Actually I'll be specific, it's how Pinball Champ and Pool Champion played. I've played Farfalla and Locomotion years back, but don't recall their behavior.

Besides turning off the dust particles, you can also turn off the glass reflection. I have not experienced the ball sticking to the end of the flipper or flying off the table yet. I've certainly the flying ball in TPA, CV specifically.

I can explain the camera jump in the launch view. If you've ever played in some of the other camera views other than Camera 1, you'll see that they'll track and move with the ball. What you are witnessing here is the camera being centered on the ball as it is waiting to be sent to the launch lane, and once it is the camera jumps over to recenter on it. So it's less a bug and more a quirk of their camera views. There was a legitimate bug on one table where the ball fell right out the bottom of the table, and the camera tracked with it as it rolled down the floor! Thankfully that is now fixed.

I see what you mean with the plunger mechanism. That is a true graphical bug. The metal housing and the plunger rod are not graphically locked to each other, so one shifts out of place on a nudge.

The UI is overstuffed and has way too many button pushes to start and exit a game. You should have seen the old version though, yikes! At least it works with my controller. SPA still is a busted mess of a UI on Steam, and stands out more so because they did a better UI for the Switch. Magic Pixel uses the exact same UI on the Switch as it does for Steam.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
The top bugs/issues for me on Steam are:

1. When the camera focuses on the plunger, and a ball is fed, the camera jumps without any logical purpose.

2. When the camera focuses on the plunger, and you bump the table, the plunger UI slides off of the machine into mid air, rather than moving with the machine.

Just an FYI, you can get ride of these two issues by turning off the plunger camera under global options.

This is one thing I love about Zaccaria Pinball. The shear amount of customization is amazing. Both Farsight and Zen should take some notes on this.

msilcommand

Mar 22, 2019
I have played actual Zaccaria tables, and the flippers are indeed underpowered. What I took for floaty physics and odd angles the ball was coming off flippers at, was in fact how those tables played. Actually I'll be specific, it's how Pinball Champ and Pool Champion played. I've played Farfalla and Locomotion years back, but don't recall their behavior.

Besides turning off the dust particles, you can also turn off the glass reflection. I have not experienced the ball sticking to the end of the flipper or flying off the table yet. I've certainly the flying ball in TPA, CV specifically.

I can explain the camera jump in the launch view. If you've ever played in some of the other camera views other than Camera 1, you'll see that they'll track and move with the ball. What you are witnessing here is the camera being centered on the ball as it is waiting to be sent to the launch lane, and once it is the camera jumps over to recenter on it. So it's less a bug and more a quirk of their camera views. There was a legitimate bug on one table where the ball fell right out the bottom of the table, and the camera tracked with it as it rolled down the floor! Thankfully that is now fixed.

I see what you mean with the plunger mechanism. That is a true graphical bug. The metal housing and the plunger rod are not graphically locked to each other, so one shifts out of place on a nudge.

The UI is overstuffed and has way too many button pushes to start and exit a game. You should have seen the old version though, yikes! At least it works with my controller. SPA still is a busted mess of a UI on Steam, and stands out more so because they did a better UI for the Switch. Magic Pixel uses the exact same UI on the Switch as it does for Steam.

Good intel. Thanks!

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
I didn't mean "unplayable" as hyperbole. I meant it literally, for me. Not as in a broken game, but as in a game with that many bugs still going on is not one I can play...for now. I look fwd to playing their game when it is finished. I'll check back in 2020. I think the UI being modernized heavily will be an indicator of where they are at next time I check in.
I have played Zaccaria without any troubles. I found it unplayable on an older laptop, but that was a resource thing. I really don't see much difference between playing the tables on the PC or on the Switch.

You listed off 5 issues (none of which are game breakers), 5 of which have been explained, but you are still complaining about how "unplayable" the game is, without any additional input. Black Knight in TPA... that is unplayable.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
We gotta work on your definitions. How ‘bout just calling it unacceptable? Or problematic? Without context, calling something ‘unplayable’ implies that it simply doesn’t function. Saying an entire game is ‘buggy’ means a lot more than if you are referring to a single table, and more so when the ‘bugs’ in question were simply aesthetics you don’t care for. Be clear, pick better descriptive words.

msilcommand

Mar 22, 2019
How many different ways are you just going to say you don’t like it because... ‘buggy’?

I do like it, and I am rooting for it to get better via constructive feedback.

Do any of you folks have bugs/issues to add, or is this just going to be a thread for people to express their hurt feelings about my list of bugs/issues?

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I do like it, and I am rooting for it to get better via constructive feedback.

Do any of you folks have bugs/issues to add, or is this just going to be a thread for people to express their hurt feelings about my list of bugs/issues?
I don't have many issues with Zaccaria and if I do, then it's more constructive to message them on Facebook or Twitter to get the problem resolved. Posting them here isn't going to do much, since Magic Pixel doesn't visit these forums often.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
How do you know?

Because Mart, their community manager, doesn’t. He deals with their Facebook page and does not know the goings on if this forum. How do I know? He messages directly with me frequently since I host the BlahCade Pinball Podcast. I do the same with Zen, who occasionally views the site, and FarSight who has a few individuals that check the site regularly.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Just stop your "people get hurt feelings" crap, just because they don't agree with you. You can voice your opinions, and you're doing it a lot, but let others have their opinions as well, ok? Thanks.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I know the question was directed at shogun00, but since I had the answer, I gave it. shogun00 has been around this forum long enough to also have read many of its threads and know the lay of the land.

Debate, discussion, those are all very much a part of this forum. If you want to argue, fine. Just be willing to see another person's viewpoint. If you are surrounded by overwhelming evidence to the contrary, countering with "well it's not how I feel" shows you've just been baiting people all along. In multiple threads you have pointed to "people getting hurt feelings" as a way to end the discussion. People are trying to give you honest, thought out responses.

Hey, it's your thread. You can close it at any time as the originator.

Last edited:

msilcommand

Mar 22, 2019
I know the question was directed at shogun00, but since I had the answer, I gave it. shogun00 has been around this forum long enough to also have read many of its threads and know the lay of the land.

Debate, discussion, those are all very much a part of this forum. If you want to argue, fine. Just be willing to see another person's viewpoint. If you are surrounded by overwhelming evidence to the contrary, countering with "well it's not how I feel" shows you've just been baiting people all along. In multiple threads you have pointed to "people getting hurt feelings" as a way to end the discussion. People are trying to give you honest, thought out responses.

Hey, it's your thread. You can close it at any time as the originator.

If the thread asked for your opinion of my opinion, your point would make sense. I made this thread simply as a bugs/issues list, as is clearly stated. People who took offense to my list are just trolling and whining. It's as simple as that.

msilcommand

Mar 22, 2019
The top bugs/issues for me still on Steam are:

1. When the camera focuses on the plunger, and a ball is fed, the camera jumps without any logical purpose.

2. When the camera focuses on the plunger, and you bump the table, the plunger UI slides off of the machine into mid air, rather than moving with the machine.

3. The dust balls that fly around the room are unnecessary and distracting, imo. [This had been pointed out as a setting that may be able to be turned off]

4. The Windows XP-ish buttons and user interface don't fit the vibe of the game or tables.

5. The flippers on some tables feel underpowered and weak, although this may be true to the vibe of those tables?

6. The obvious bugs, which I assume are already being worked on: balls completely changing direction, balls sticking to the end of a flipper and just swinging up and down like the end of the flipper contained a super magnet, balls flying off the table and floating away into space, balls magically just falling out of a habitrail and veering off as if hit by some invisible structure that doesn't visibly exist, hitting two balls with a flipper during multiball and having one ball go through the flipper and drain, etc

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.