Few questions on mod

Billmcse

Mar 31, 2019
I have the ini file set to 1 for DMD. However nothing shows up in the DMD, it's black. So I assume just like the backglass, you need to have separate DMD files? Is that correct? if so, where do these go? If not, like I said, my DMD shows up but it's black. Then the size of the DMD is set to 1280x768 but it is no where near that in the third/DMD monitor. Much, much smaller. In fact, along those lines, the backglass, while set to 1920x1080 on that monitor is only about 3/4 screen. Can anyone assist or have any thoughts?

Running everything as admin. Using camera files uploaded by others, which work very well by the way.

Sebinouse

Jul 18, 2012
You need to set proper position and size for BG and for DMD in the Settings.ini. The other dmd files are used to position a dmd at a specific position for a specific table.

Can you upload/quote your .ini and screens arrangement ?

Billmcse

Mar 31, 2019
I'll upload but i'll try that. Does each table have a different setting for BG and DMD? Or once you get those configured, you are set?

Billmcse

Mar 31, 2019
Ok according to the PDF instructions, I don't see where it says to define your DMD but it does say to put in the default position and identify which monitor. I also don't see in the instructions where you put in the size of either the BG or DMD. My current settings.ini file is below:

[Settings]

; Auto launch the game when the mod starts.
LaunchGame=1

; Path to the game folder.
GamePath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade\PinballArcade11.exe

; Overlay is hidden when the game starts.
StartHidden=1

; Opacity of the overlay (0 -> 1.0 / 0.1 range).
Opacity=1.0

; Enable/disable the mod.
FreeCameraMode=1

; Auto hide the ingame HUD when you click START button.
AutoHideHUD=0

; The cam values are applied to the sliders when you click START button, otherwise sliders value are applied to the cam.
AutoCamToSliders=1

; Check if a *.cam file exists for the current table and automatically loads it.
AutoLoadCamFile=1

; Enable/disable Hotkeys.
HotKeys=0

; The key (constant) defined in the game to manually hide the ingame HUD (default key: H)
; Keyboard scan code constants list: http://goo.gl/rvrMS9
; Take the hex value in the table (0x48) and convert it to an integer (72);
HideHUDKey=72

; Auto rotate the playfield screen when the mod starts.
AutoRotateScreen=0

; Playfield monitor number (as displayed in Windows/Nvidia/Ati display settings).
PFMonitor=1

[Cabinet]

; Enable cabinet mode, dual monitor display with backglass & DMD.
CabinetMode=1

; Backglass monitor number (as displayed in Windows/Nvidia/Ati display settings).
BGMonitor=2

; Enable/disable 4K resolution support.
HighRes4K=0

[DMD]

; ### DMD Settings (position is ignored when a table specific DMD file exists) ###

; DMD monitor number (as displayed in Windows/Nvidia/Ati display settings).
DMDMonitor=3

; DMD Default X Position.
DMDXPos=0

; DMD Default Y Position.
DMDYPos=0

; DMD always on top of all windows.
DMDTopMost=0

; DMD position is locked by default.
DMDLockedPos=0

; DMD size is locked by default.
DMDLockedSize=0

; ############################# HOTKEYS NOTE ###############################
; # For a complete list of usable keys, please visit: http://goo.gl/0blPF6 #
; # NumLock key should be ON to use NumPad keys. #
; # 'PageUp' key is also known as 'Prior' for backwards compatibility. #
; # 'PageDown' key is also known as 'Next' for backwards compatibility. #
; ##########################################################################

[HotKeys]

HideShowOverlay=NumPad0
XTranslation+=Right
XTranslation-=Left
YTranslation+=Up
YTranslation-=Down
ZTranslation+=Home
ZTranslation-=End
XRotation+=NumPad2
XRotation-=NumPad5
YRotation+=Numpad6
YRotation-=Numpad4
ZRotation+=NumPad1
ZRotation-=NumPad3
FOV+=Insert
FOV-=Delete
CamSpeed+=Add
CamSpeed-=Subtract
SetCamView1=F1
SetCamView2=F2
SetCamView3=F3
CycleViews=F4

Billmcse

Mar 31, 2019
Screen arrangement is as follows:

Monitors set vertically just as they are placed in the cab, playfield is at the bottom and 1, dmd in the middle is 3 and backglass on top is 2

Sebinouse

Jul 18, 2012
I don’t see any obvious error in your config ...

You can try
Code:
DMDTopMost=1

Can you resize the dmd with a right click ?

EDIT :
and did you set 2200x1080 or 1080x2200 (I don't remember) in PBAConfig.exe ?

Last edited:

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
What's your game resolution? Try to rearrange your screens horizontally e.g. [PF - DMD - BG]

TPA DX11 or Arcooda?

Billmcse

Mar 31, 2019
[MENTION=874]Sebinouse[/MENTION] - yes PBAconfig set accordingly. Though I don't have a 1080x2200 option, it's like 1080x2000 or something similar. I am able to resize but not to full screen in the 3rd monitor. And the DMD appears just black.
[MENTION=5267]NoEx[/MENTION] - game resolution is 1080x1920. Had them horizontal b4 but can try again. Not running Arcooda, just TPA DX11.

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
You got to set the resolution manually in PBAConfig to 1080x2200 - Windowed Mode. Close it then don't re-open it or the values will be reverted back to default.

It's clearly explained in the PDF Guide:

The game settings will require that the Back buffer width and Back buffer height maintain the same ratio as the default settings for the mod. Though the values recommended aren’t listed in the drop down menu, you can select each box and manually enter the proper values. Every time you load the Configuration utility you will need to re-enter the proper values.

Billmcse

Mar 31, 2019
You got to set the resolution manually in PBAConfig to 1080x2200 - Windowed Mode. Close it then don't re-open it or the values will be reverted back to default.

It's clearly explained in the PDF Guide:

As mentioned before the game resolution is set to that. I read that. Thought you meant the display resolution. Also, my PBAconfig does NOT give me a resolution of 1080 x2200 as an option. I can choose 1080 x 2160 and that's where it is....windowed

And do you need to provide media for DMD like you do for backglass?

Last edited:

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
my PBAconfig does NOT give me a resolution of 1080 x2200 as an option. I can choose 1080 x 2160 and that's where it is....

And do you need to provide media for DMD like you do for backglass?

You need to set the value manually by typing it in the box.

Again from the PDF :
Though the values recommended aren’t listed in the drop down menu, you can select each box and manually enter the proper values.

No, DMD frames are retrieved from the game's window.

Billmcse

Mar 31, 2019
You need to set the value manually by typing it in the box.

Again from the PDF :

No, DMD frames are retrieved from the game's window.[/QUOTE

Typing in is temporary. If I go back to the config it changes to something else. Even at the 2200 and launching the DMD is not right.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.