Let's Guess What The Zen Enhancements Will Be!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
We've got our table guessing threads, but what we don't have is a thread in which to guess what visual enhancements Zen might do for future tables. Now that we have a good idea of the sorts of things they might do, let's speculate!

To start, I'm gonna look at the remaining non-licensed DMD tables...

Cirqus Voltaire - The obvious toy to animate would be the Ring Master, but would they go so far as to animate his talking? Is it just going to be expressions as you slam balls into his face? I'm sure the back box cannon will feature smoke coming from the barrel as it fires. Maybe a tightrope walker or trapeze artist?

White Water - Big Foot for sure will get the Zen treatment, and then they'll probably put Willy on the apron somewhere. Maybe make the ramps look like they have flowing water on them, or an actual spinning whirlpool.

TotAN - Hello Genie! Hope he actually throws fireballs at you. It'd be really cool if for each tale there's a special bit of animation that comes to life on the table

Jack*Bot - something tells me this will get the Junk Yard treatment, with nothing special other than lots of stuff scattered about. Probably coins spilling all over the place too

Road Show - I sorta don't want them touching Red and Ted. Instead it's all about the destruction and chaos all over the table. The various toys will get enhanced, like the radio.

Hurricane - Just a port of all the stuff they put on Adventureland!

No Good Gofers - I'd like them to animate the gofers, not just do what they did in MM with the trolls. I'd also like to see the hole explode like it does on the DMD.

Cactus Canyon - the only enhancement I want is Cactus Canyon Continued. Instead we'll get an animated Bart ala what they did in Champion Pub. The train will probably get something done to it too.

Who Dunnit - I'm guessing they'll put the Private Investigator on the apron but beyond that I don't know because I rarely play the table.

Last edited:

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
I'm hoping that when we finally get World (not Cup) Soccer that the goalie is a fully animated keeper that dives across the net. And while they are enhancing may as well have fireworks on/above the playfield and have the rotating soccer ball turn into a disco ball.

Last edited:

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
I started playing pinball with Zen 2, and earned all the trophies on their tables. Loved it, until I found out you can just cheese the game by saving, and reloading the game at the point when you fail. Haven't touched it since. Save scumming is one thing you can't do in Pinball Arcade - if you save and reload the game, it will start a brand new game (and trust me I tried, when I was stuck on Genie :) ). All those goals need to be earned legit. Did Zen figure out how to prevent cheating via saving game state?

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Gotta say though, in regards to Red and Ted (and eventually Rudy), I'm guessing they actually will be animated in enhanced mode.

Maybe the magic carpet could fly around during wizard mode in TotAN.

The boom balloon in CV could actually look like a balloon and have an explosion effect when hit.

And for when they start in on the System 11s:

High Speed and Police Force - The Getaway cop turned AFM Army guy will make his triumphant return to the force.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If they don't do tornadoes in place of the spinning discs on Whirlwind, they're doing it wrong.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Who Dunnit? Enhancements
- Phone & Roulette Wheel animations
- Taxi, Train & Elevator: additional models and effects
- Tony's Palace: Neon signage & improvements to building facade
- Character models for chase sequences
- Animated rats fleeing sewer

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I see that Zen have been practicing their electricity effects in Safecracker.

Throw that in around the chair on TAF, along with some green swamp mist and you’re sorted :cool:

Animated Thing, scurrying around. Wow :cool:

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Road Show - I sorta don't want them touching Red and Ted.

You know, I kind of agree. Same with Rudy on Funhouse. Maybe especially with Rudy.

He’s supposed to be that way. Animating him more would lose that creepy ventriloquist dummy thing he has.

I’d like to see Zen enhance the creepiness on that table, maybe with little details such as lowering the ambient/room lighting at midnight. They could do similar things during TAF seance.

Last edited:

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I know it's probably a ways out (due to licensing) but I am hoping Zen really go to town on Monster Bash - so many things that could be done with the enhancements. Frankenstein parts assembling, mummy spinning and unraveling, animated moon changing phases, animated drac and bride. Ever since starting to play Williams Pinball I have been looking forward to MB, it's my favorite table and, while it's a really good simulation in TPA, I have high expectations and hopes in Zen.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
With the overwhelmingly positive feedback we've been giving Zen regarding both the boxer in CP and the burglar in SC, I suspect the enhancements will only get better. Regarding Monster Bash, those full figure toys could really come to life for sure. Imagine what they'd do with some of the modern Sterns; freakin' Guardians of the Galaxy and that giant Groot would look amazing!

wolfson

May 24, 2013
my dream is one table hopefully Taxi , anything the ball touches something goes off , something that bedazzles my eyeballs and a Taxi going around the outside with the drivers head out the window yelling anyone want a bloody lift , that`ll do me .:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.