Digital Pinball Competitions

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Was talking with ShutyerTrap and others about a means to gather together Switch players of digital pinball and exchange friend codes in order to offer more opportunities to compete against each other's scores etc. Similar to the SteamID thread that exists on here.

However, thinking about it, it need not be only confined to a single platform as PINBALL FX3 supports cross-play among console and PC with the exception of Sony. But in any case, users could always post pics of their scores? This also opens up the possibility of having cross-platform tournaments inclusive of other digital pinball games.

So I currently participate in a series of weekly PINBALL FX3 tournaments and then a monthly competition featuring 3 chosen tables from THE PINBALL ARCADE, STERN PINBALL and ZACCARIA PINBALL.

The tables currently live for high-score chasing are CHAMPION PUB (PBFX 3 - Classic/Arcade, 10 days). To find it, search tournaments created by 'cw13' (a buddy of mine) and the password is 'ranger'. Alternatively, add me to your Switch friends list and then once I've accepted, go to tournaments and search 'played by friends' and it should bring up the CHAMPION PUB one. I think there is like 7 or 8 days left as of this post today.

Then the three non-PBFX3 tables we are score chasing on for the month of April are TX-SECTOR (THE PINBALL ARCADE), GHOSTBUSTERS (STERN PINBALL or TPA) and TIME MACHINE (ZACCARIA PINBALL, original solid state and simulation physics).

This is basically an invitation for anyone to show an interest in taking part and/or adding me to their Switch friends list.

Let me know if any interest here for such digital pinball competitions. There is a thread giving more detail and discussion about these regular competitions on the Nintendo Life website forums and the Adult Switch Gamers discord channel. I can give you links to those if you would like but aware that might be against the rules of this forum and I am not seeking to tread on the toes of the current tourneys run by ShutyerTrap at all.

Look forward to playing with you.

Last edited:

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I just put up 4.8m on simulation 3 ball Switch for Time Machine. It put me in all-time 4th.

Man, these leaderboards are barren.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I made an official Switch Friends Code thread

http://www.digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/14029-Switch-Friend-Code-List-(FX3)?p=285922#post285922

Even if you don't play on PC usually, it is a good idea to join the Steam ID thread and add to the list. When I create a tournament on Steam, I am able to see scores from every platform that people play on. How I know they are on something other than Steam is that their avatar is just a silhouette. I don't know how it is anymore, but at the start Xbox players could not see Switch or PS4, and vice versa, but all could see Steam scores. If that has changed now, it would appear Zen has been doing some negotiating! Once I start recognizing names, I'll jump into anyone's tourney just to support it.

Please feel free to always post your tournaments in this master thread! Pinball is absolutely more fun when you are competing, especially when you can have a dialogue with them in this forum.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Huzzah! See you folks on the leaderboards (I'll be near the bottom :p)

And yes, as far as I can tell. Both Xbox and Steam players can join tournaments created by Switch players and each platform includes each of those systems in the leaderboards.

Last edited:

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
I just put up 4.8m on simulation 3 ball Switch for Time Machine. It put me in all-time 4th.

Wow, impressive score. I've no idea what's going on in TIME MACHINE yet. Do you want me to add this to our custom leaderboard? For the monthly tourney I mentioned above?

msilcommand

Mar 22, 2019
I only play Fx3 on Steam. TPA is better on PS4, imo. But if my scores show up for you guys on Switch, may tag is the same as in here.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Okay, seeing as there's potentially some interest in folks participating in these weekly and monthly tournaments I'll post a few more details here, please remember this is all purely to enrich your enjoyment of these games and there's no skill level requirement to take part:

This is our custom leaderboard maintained by my buddy Corneel: https://www.iscored.info/?mode=public&user=Corneel

To see the pinball table scores, scroll along to the right. We score-chase on a lot of arcade games too, so that's what comes first but like I said, scroll along to the right and you'll see out current leaderboards for the non-PBFX3 tables. Remember, this month (April) we are posting our best scores for GHOSTBUSTERS (Stern Pinball, TPA), TX-SECTOR (TPA) and TIME MACHINE (Zaccaria, 3-ball simulation physics). If you want to enter a score, post a photo of your high-score here in this thread and I'll nudge Corneel to add you to the leaderboards.

Another thing Corneel's doing is combining each of our scores on the three monthly tables and crowning a monthly champion. This is being recorded here: https://www.rise.global/player/6265693/managing - so if you look at 'Pinball Round March' https://www.rise.global/pinball-round-march - our friend Meppi64 was the overall winner that month with the highest combined score across the three tables we played last month (STAR TREK from Stern, CUE BALL WIZARD from TPA and BLADE from Marvel Pinball by Zen).

For more detail and reference on all these competitions and future ones see this thread over on Nintendo Life forums: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/digital_pinball_competitions

I assume we'll be using this Digital Pinball Fans thread here to share scores and discuss these tournaments between ourselves, plus all chip in to select the next month's tables etc. but if you also want to chat with the other folks taking part who aren't members here, you can do so on our Adult Switch Gamers discord. The invite to join link is here: https://discordapp.com/invite/edCeJcR - once joined, look for the 'pinball competitions thread'. You'll find us all there.

As for the weekly or 10-day PINBALL FX 3 tournaments, as mentioned above we are currently playing CHAMPION PUB. This tournament was created by Cw13 and the password to join is 'ranger'. Once this tournament ends, the last placed person gets to choose and create the next tournament. If you can't join PINBALL FX3 tourneys on Switch from your platform (PS4). Just post your score in here and we can still count you as involved. Just be sure to play on 3-ball, classic/arcade set-up physics.

If you have any queries or anything is unclear just let me know and I'll endeavor to help. Look forward to playing digital pinball with you. Have a good day.

Last edited:

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019

Hey buddy. Any chance you could post a photo of your high score as Corneel couldn't find your exact score to add to the custom leaderbaords he maintains. Cheers.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Our CHAMPION PUB tourney has less then 5 days left. If you want to post a score search for 'created by' cw13 and password to join is: ranger

Still plenty of time for folks to post scores for TX-SECTOR, TIME MACHINE and GHOSTBUSTERS. They'll run until the end of the month.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
I'm using an iPad2 to post and I've not quite figured out how to tag someone in my reply but ShutYerTrap, just to say thanks for posting a score on our CHAMPION PUB tourney in PBFX3. Just to let you know, you are currently in the ranked position of choosing the next table and creating the tourney for it. Still some days to go, so you may even of improved your score before you read this but just giving you the heads-up. If you'd rather not select the table, just say so and I'll do the honours. Cheers.

msilcommand

Mar 22, 2019
I'm using an iPad2 to post and I've not quite figured out how to tag someone in my reply but ShutYerTrap, just to say thanks for posting a score on our CHAMPION PUB tourney in PBFX3. Just to let you know, you are currently in the ranked position of choosing the next table and creating the tourney for it. Still some days to go, so you may even of improved your score before you read this but just giving you the heads-up. If you'd rather not select the table, just say so and I'll do the honours. Cheers.

I will participate. I just have to get around to posting my scores.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Just to let you know, you are currently in the ranked position of choosing the next table and creating the tourney for it.

Not any more! I’m too used to playing regular physics of mobile daily challenge compared to Arcade physics. I sorta figured it out as you’ll see with my current score ;)

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Hey buddy. Any chance you could post a photo of your high score as Corneel couldn't find your exact score to add to the custom leaderbaords he maintains. Cheers.

56555979_2140634879364065_5241323310578401280_o.jpg

All I can do is post the leaderboard. Doesn't really prove that I just got that score, so I understand if that's not acceptable.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Not any more! I’m too used to playing regular physics of mobile daily challenge compared to Arcade physics. I sorta figured it out as you’ll see with my current score ;)

Nicely played! You moved right ahead of me on CHAMPION PUB and I think I've done the same to you on your SAFE CRACKER tourney, ha! ha! Love pinball!

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
56555979_2140634879364065_5241323310578401280_o.jpg

All I can do is post the leaderboard. Doesn't really prove that I just got that score, so I understand if that's not acceptable.

Yeah, we're accepting new scores recently achieved but it's all based on friendly competition and trust. So happy to accept this entry for TIME MACHINE. Well done.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
I just got 190M on Cue Ball Wizard and was thinking I did awesome...then I saw the boards...not so much. Lol

Keep at it, it's all about hitting that right ramp on CUE BALL WIZARD! Plus, you can get extra balls aplenty by doing the bank shots. Keep at it, and if you'd like to submit a score even though this table was from March's competition we can add it into the leaderboard still. Same goes for any of the tables we have leaderboards up for e.g. STAR TREK (Stern), BLADE etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.