Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Zen & Stern collaboration teaser?

My Devices
    PS4 (TPA, PFX3); Switch (Zaccaria)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one thing I'm a little concerned about is the amount of storage that these LCD tables will require.

I'm planning to purchase Black Knight 3 in the Fall and I started doing some digging on Stern's site. It appears that there are 2 seperate ROM files for the LCD tables. One is the game code which hovers at 1.8GB and the other one is the image code (for the LCD) which hovers at 2.8GB. That's 4.6GB total for the ROM alone. Add in the fact that the table needs to be recrated too and each table can easily be 5GBs.

I don't even want to image how large the JJP ROMs are, since prefer to have their video files uncompressed.

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Samsung s8, gear VR, PC, OUYA, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a bunch of that space is due to uncompressed video and audio files. wavs instead of mp3s and giant uncrpressed hd video. probably for digital release they would compress that stuff down and lose more than half of the 5 gigs.

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by djb5f1 View Post
    All goodness, want those recent Stern music tables badly.

Please no Gottlieb association, never enjoyed those with TPA, especially the really old ones.
    Oh I disagree. I would love to see Caveman!

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see Zen pick up Gottlieb too, even if they only did the SS stuff. Plenty of good Gottlieb SS tables that FarSight never did, and a few they did do that'd be nice to see remade.

That being said, I don't actually expect to see Zen bothering to get the Gottlieb license. Maybe it'd be something they'd consider for years down the road, if they're satisfied with the sales of the Bally/Williams pre-DMDs, after they get around to those, and have most of the big name ones done, and also probably only after they at least attempt to get a Stern license first, because I have to believe that'd be much higher profile for them. And if they do get the Stern license, that'll push Gottlieb even further back, because they'll have another big pool of 90s/2000s/2010s tables to draw from.

Maybe after all of that, Gottlieb will be on their radar. So for anyone who doesn't want Gottlieb, I really don't think you need to worry. But I'd love to be wrong here.

My Devices
    Andriod, PS3, PS4.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scared Stiff View Post
    Oh I disagree. I would love to see Caveman!
    Me too!

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolchak357 View Post
    100% yes! Zen and Jersey Jack hooking up would be phenomenal. I might start my own rumor.
    Zen teams up with GamePlan?
    After User, the same five patterns repeat.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rehtroboi40 View Post
    Zen teams up with GamePlan?
    God I wish.

My Devices
    PC, iOS
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

That being said, I don't actually expect to see Zen bothering to get the Gottlieb license. Maybe it'd be something they'd consider for years down the road, if they're satisfied with the sales of the Bally/Williams pre-DMDs, after they get around to those, and have most of the big name ones done, and also probably only after they at least attempt to get a Stern license first, because I have to believe that'd be much higher profile for them. And if they do get the Stern license, that'll push Gottlieb even further back, because they'll have another big pool of 90s/2000s/2010s tables to draw from.

Maybe after all of that, Gottlieb will be on their radar.
    Citizen, I agree.

I probably wouldn't be in favour of Zen rushing into a Gottlieb deal, and I can't really imagine that happening anyway.

Should Zen want to expand on their real pinball licenses, then surely Stern and JJP would make more ideal partners for the current generation of paying customers.

My Devices
    Android and Steam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kind of thought Magic Pixel might take a look at the Gottlieb license, at least for the EM's if anything, give them a chance to upgrade their physics engine too.

My Devices
    PC, Xbox One, Cabinet
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkthorne View Post
    I kind of thought Magic Pixel might take a look at the Gottlieb license, at least for the EM's if anything, give them a chance to upgrade their physics engine too.
    I have to admit I've been hoping for the same thing.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a perfect fit. Would keep them busy for years to come.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, MP getting Gottlieb would work nicely.

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkthorne View Post
    I always though Farsight had the Gottlieb rights as long as they wanted them.

"You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EldarOfSuburbia View Post
    I always though Farsight had the Gottlieb rights as long as they wanted them.

All we really know was that the deal with Gottlieb was very favorable. That being said, if you haven’t made anything of the license in nearly 2(?) years, there’s gotta be some sort of dormancy clause to prevent it from being held hostage.

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want more pinball. I wish Farsight was doing simply more. They had a big 4 Stern released with Star Trek, Ghostbuster, ACDC, Mustang, and sometime i just wish they release another big 4 like with KISS , Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings ( its perhaps the main 4 most recent with no Disney license, no new DMD screen they could work ). Big license there, hell, i wouldnt mind paying a big price for them .

Magic Pixel to develop Gottlieb? I just hope if it happen they will tweak their engine a bit, its not bad, its not just my favorite engine compare to Zen or TPA. But if it could get us to get way more Gottlieb tables, sign me in!

Hell, i want Zen to release a new pack every month!

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    I just want more pinball. I wish Farsight was doing simply more....Hell, i want Zen to release a new pack every month!
    Careful there. I'm just as excited for the next pack release, but I don't want to get tables this soon just for the sole purpose of playing them and finding nasty issues after launch. I think Zen greatly leans towards quality, and that's what counts.

My Devices
    PC, iOS
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinballwiz45b View Post
    Careful there. I'm just as excited for the next pack release, but I don't want to get tables this soon just for the sole purpose of playing them and finding nasty issues after launch. I think Zen greatly leans towards quality, and that's what counts.
    Absolutely spot on

My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    The one thing I'm a little concerned about is the amount of storage that these LCD tables will require.

I'm planning to purchase Black Knight 3 in the Fall and I started doing some digging on Stern's site. It appears that there are 2 seperate ROM files for the LCD tables. One is the game code which hovers at 1.8GB and the other one is the image code (for the LCD) which hovers at 2.8GB. That's 4.6GB total for the ROM alone. Add in the fact that the table needs to be recrated too and each table can easily be 5GBs.

I don't even want to image how large the JJP ROMs are, since prefer to have their video files uncompressed.
    Extended Storage: 2.73TB available.

Not worried at all.

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinballwiz45b View Post
    Yeah i know. If release every month, and all the platforms they have to do testing, well get more bugs as it is atm. Seeing 3 tables every two month or so is still very good.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I actually really like the release cycle. I find myself playing each new release much more despite my initial impressions of the titles announced. When it was monthly with TPA, I could easily dismiss a table since another was right around the corner. It’s how I managed to ignore most of the Gottlieb Premiere tables!

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope you havent ignore Gladiators! . Tried it out a bit more lately and god this table is challenging, and fun! Table i totally dismiss at first, but now, considering getting the real pin as my first pin ! As much as i enjoy the Zen release, i really enjoy them, love to have em on Switch, but im not finding myself playing them as much as i think i would, perhaps having playing them heavily on TPA make me feel that way . Im really hoping to see new stuff coming in soon. Just one new unseen table will make my day!

My Devices
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I did ignore it, but not as much as that skiing one, seeing as how I can’t even recall the name!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567