Zen & Stern collaboration teaser?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I kind of thought Magic Pixel might take a look at the Gottlieb license, at least for the EM's if anything, give them a chance to upgrade their physics engine too.
I always though Farsight had the Gottlieb rights as long as they wanted them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I always though Farsight had the Gottlieb rights as long as they wanted them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

All we really know was that the deal with Gottlieb was very favorable. That being said, if you haven’t made anything of the license in nearly 2(?) years, there’s gotta be some sort of dormancy clause to prevent it from being held hostage.

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
I just want more pinball. I wish Farsight was doing simply more. They had a big 4 Stern released with Star Trek, Ghostbuster, ACDC, Mustang, and sometime i just wish they release another big 4 like with KISS , Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings ( its perhaps the main 4 most recent with no Disney license, no new DMD screen they could work ). Big license there, hell, i wouldnt mind paying a big price for them .

Magic Pixel to develop Gottlieb? I just hope if it happen they will tweak their engine a bit, its not bad, its not just my favorite engine compare to Zen or TPA. But if it could get us to get way more Gottlieb tables, sign me in!

Hell, i want Zen to release a new pack every month!

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I just want more pinball. I wish Farsight was doing simply more....Hell, i want Zen to release a new pack every month!

Careful there. I'm just as excited for the next pack release, but I don't want to get tables this soon just for the sole purpose of playing them and finding nasty issues after launch. I think Zen greatly leans towards quality, and that's what counts.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Careful there. I'm just as excited for the next pack release, but I don't want to get tables this soon just for the sole purpose of playing them and finding nasty issues after launch. I think Zen greatly leans towards quality, and that's what counts.

Absolutely spot on :cool:

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
The one thing I'm a little concerned about is the amount of storage that these LCD tables will require.

I'm planning to purchase Black Knight 3 in the Fall and I started doing some digging on Stern's site. It appears that there are 2 seperate ROM files for the LCD tables. One is the game code which hovers at 1.8GB and the other one is the image code (for the LCD) which hovers at 2.8GB. That's 4.6GB total for the ROM alone. Add in the fact that the table needs to be recrated too and each table can easily be 5GBs.

I don't even want to image how large the JJP ROMs are, since prefer to have their video files uncompressed.

Extended Storage: 2.73TB available.

Not worried at all. :)

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019

Yeah i know. If release every month, and all the platforms they have to do testing, well get more bugs as it is atm. Seeing 3 tables every two month or so is still very good.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I actually really like the release cycle. I find myself playing each new release much more despite my initial impressions of the titles announced. When it was monthly with TPA, I could easily dismiss a table since another was right around the corner. It’s how I managed to ignore most of the Gottlieb Premiere tables!

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Hope you havent ignore Gladiators! ;) . Tried it out a bit more lately and god this table is challenging, and fun! Table i totally dismiss at first, but now, considering getting the real pin as my first pin ! As much as i enjoy the Zen release, i really enjoy them, love to have em on Switch, but im not finding myself playing them as much as i think i would, perhaps having playing them heavily on TPA make me feel that way . Im really hoping to see new stuff coming in soon. Just one new unseen table will make my day!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.