Zen PinCab

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Difficult to make out, but I think it says Swipe Card... Flair?

FX-card.png

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Payment methods will vary by location and/or operator, so there are likely all the usual options that will work.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Wonder if it will accept Zen tickets earned in-app.

100 tickets a play.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
I predict that Zen will do something for May 4th - most likely a sale on some Star Wars tables, but could be further details about this. After all, if Mel Kirk is asking people to ask "Why?" it stands to reason that before long an answer to that will be given.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Any likelihood Zen would make a home-user version of this virtual pincab in the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Any likelihood Zen would make a home-user version of this virtual pincab in the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinball USA is making the ‘Championship Edition’ cab, and VPcabs has 2 different models to pick from. These are licensed cabs and come preinstalled with the game. The cab Zen is showing off with the video panel on the sides, that’s purely for commercial use I believe.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
$1 for 2 minutes is crap. i mean i dont want to sound like too harsh or whatever... but yeah no, what a jip. its about $1 a game for real pinball, if you cant last 2 minutes on one of those 3 balls that is just sad. i usually pay a buck, get the replay, and then get another replay, lol.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
This is the redemption version of the Zen cabinet that has been location tested at Dave 'n' Busters.

It only has 4 games on it because based on the play data that is the limit a person in this type of location can logically parse when trying to make a decision about what game to play.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
$1 for 2 minutes is crap. i mean i dont want to sound like too harsh or whatever... but yeah no, what a jip. its about $1 a game for real pinball, if you cant last 2 minutes on one of those 3 balls that is just sad. i usually pay a buck, get the replay, and then get another replay, lol.
You are not the target punter here.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
i feel like the existence of these will make real pinball machines less available in allot of places, this just hurts real pinball

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

Have you ever played a regular redemption game? Many don't even last 30 seconds! I do think it would be better if it had the 3 minute challenge like in the Skillz app, or Survival challenge where it ultimately times out if you reach level 15. The object of a redemption game is to churn users, not make converts.

i feel like the existence of these will make real pinball machines less available in allot of places, this just hurts real pinball

Locations that do redemption games don't have real pinball anyways. Well, unless they have that Mario Super Mushroom World or whatever it was with the short legs, as that could spit out tickets. They also want to put these in bars and pubs, where presumably they aren't set to a 2 minute game as those might actually have a real machine or two. This is still very much in the testing phase, by the way.

Members online

Members online