Pinball Documentaries

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Was trying to find a thread on here about recommended documentaries on Pinball. Apologies if this is a redundant thread as one already exists but couldn’t find it?!

Anyway, I’d like to seek out and watch some highly regarded documentaries on this topic, anyone able to offer suggestions and opinions?

I’m about to crack open a beer and watch TILT.

http://www.tilt-movie.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
There are a few good ones out there. I’m sure others with better memories will chime in.
They kind of make me sad in a way. I wish pinball and arcades were as big as they were when I was a kid. It really was a fun time.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Yeah, I totally agree. I’ve watched a lot of documentaries about the video game scene and the history of arcades. Those I have life experience and nostalgia for but with pinball it is actually a new interest of mine and I’m keen to educate myself more about the history and culture of this hobby. But of course, despite what folks may say, pinball and the arcades are very much interlinked and I miss that whole golden age era for both hugely.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
There are a few good ones out there. I’m sure others with better memories will chime in.
They kind of make me sad in a way. I wish pinball and arcades were as big as they were when I was a kid. It really was a fun time.

Jefferson City Missouri 1970-1974 high school. Bowling alley full of pinball. Spent more time there then I did at home. (Had some great parents) very good memories

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Jefferson City Missouri 1970-1974 high school. Bowling alley full of pinball. Spent more time there then I did at home. (Had some great parents) very good memories

Very true. Before the arcades, the best pinball was found in bars and bowling alleys. I was never a good bowler, but I'd always tag along to waste some quarters.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Cheers for all the recommendations, have sought out and watched TILT, SPECIAL WHEN LIT, THE PINBALL COMPENDIUM 2016 - feat. Ball Saved/ Balls of Steel/ Pinballsin' and THE HISTORY OF PINBALL so far. All informative and entertaining to one degree or another. Understand that there may be more exhaustive versions with extras out there of TILT and perhaps some of these others if you purchase the physical media releases? Yet to find that real, standout, essential documentary on pinball, perhaps it's yet to be made?

I'm currently researching and seeking out others to watch in the coming weeks (ROAD TO PINBALL, THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT: THE SPOOKY PINBALL STORY, the aforementioned WIZARD MODE) so please keep the recommendations coming.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Having some difficulty finding PINBALL PASSION. I believe it is a documentary of about 50 minutes long from 2008? There is a North American DVD but I can’t find much availability in the UK. Amazon lists an import version for £25-£30. That’s a little outside my price range for a DVD unless it was some kind of deluxe package with lots of extras.

Appreciate any help either finding a digital version or any opinions on the quality of PINBALL PASSION from those that have seen it.

Also read something about a new ‘History of Pinball’ film being made, possibly by AMC? Anyone know anything about this or know of a release date?

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Lroy check Spacies Arcade and John`s Arcade , both do great vids on all things pinball and video arcades .:cool:

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Awesome chaps! Plenty to keep me busy. Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.