Will there ever be any more tables added to the Stern collection?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I keep seeing really nice looking tables made by Stern and wonder if we will ever get a digital version. The new Aerosmith table looks great.

I thought there was some news about Stern licensing this type of content for both the physical table, as well as a digital representation. This would eliminate the need for Farsight to pay huge licensing fees as long as they are under the Stern branding. Maybe I misread that.

Come to think of it, has there been any news on Farsight or their business plan going forward?

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
There's a pretty clear rumor that zen will be working with Stern in the near future but until we get some sort of official announcement we're just patiently waiting.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
Someone from Farsight mentioned that they're working on a digital version for a Stern table that hasn't been released yet. Best guess is that it's Elvira 3. No official announcements from Farsight about any future pinball plans though.

Zen & Stern teased a collaboration with a twitter post during a Star Wars conference. Discussion is here:
http://www.digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/14037-Zen-amp-Stern-collaboration-teaser

Waiting patiently...

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
All they would reveal is that the table had some nice (or interesting) hair in the art. BeetleJuice is apparently one of the upcoming tables and in the pics, he has bright green hair.

Just Speculating...

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
I doubt it, plus I wouldn't buy another table from Farsight considering they stop supporting them and don't fix the bugs, especially noticable ones like the missing plunger rod on the Twilight Zone table... Even though it used to appear before...

Farsight is dead pretty much as far as pinball in concerned... Just hope Zen gets the Stern license as well and soon...

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Before Farsight closes up their pinball shop I would love them to fix the Alpha ramp insert never lighting bug on Star Trek on iOS - this has been a bug since launch, and actually impacts gameplay (you can't tell if that ramp is lit or not during modes since it never turns on in any circumstances).

As far as another Stern table release (Elvira 3?) goes, it will depend on the price and what else is going on in digital pinball when it gets released. I'd almost certainly pay $5 for it just to play around on and get familiar with the table, but $10 starts to feel a little steep for a game on a platform that all signs indicate is heading into retirement. On the other hand, I'll try the demo mode, if it's fun to play I will probably buy it.

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
Before Farsight closes up their pinball shop I would love them to fix the Alpha ramp insert never lighting bug on Star Trek on iOS - this has been a bug since launch, and actually impacts gameplay (you can't tell if that ramp is lit or not during modes since it never turns on in any circumstances).

As far as another Stern table release (Elvira 3?) goes, it will depend on the price and what else is going on in digital pinball when it gets released. I'd almost certainly pay $5 for it just to play around on and get familiar with the table, but $10 starts to feel a little steep for a game on a platform that all signs indicate is heading into retirement. On the other hand, I'll try the demo mode, if it's fun to play I will probably buy it.

I can't even play the regular PBA anymore with how slow and floaty it is. I used to be ok with switching from Pinball FX3 to PBA before Zen was doing real tables because I thought the physics difference was just due to their tables being original and Farsight's being based off real ones, but now that they have done the Williams tables and they feel the closest to a real table, I can't go back...

Last edited:

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
Haven't bought Whoah Nelly and the other table any more for my PS4 and I also don't see me buying anything anymore from Farsight... Bad support, Bad bug fixing, late releases, gameplay that feels like everything is running in half speed, 10 year old GFX, lagging sound, messed up registrations in the PS store, etc.. need I continue?
Not that ZEN is perfect. Their censorship in tables is really a shame and their community managers are real champions in ignoring certain question. But the tables really do play & look great....

Members online

Members online