First Licensed FX3 Williams Speculation

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
So you all are applying the FarSight model of horror themed pins at Halloween to Zen? Nobody thinks the first release might be something new to digital? Just curious.

It does seem that no matter which licensed table(s) they release around Halloween it would probably tie in a little bit with the holiday. Monster Bash and Creature for Universal monsters, Twilight Zone, The Addams Family, Elvira tables, Bram Stoker's Dracula, or even Terminator 2 with evil robots would fit the holiday. If Zen keeps going with heavy hitters mostly for this year, those would be the ones that would fit, other than the biggie one of Indiana Jones.

Last edited:

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
Halloween is the day before November 1st - just sayin :D My Terminator theory still holds up. Although they've never been day and date with their other movie tie ins on the SW Zen tables. Usually 3 or 4 months after the movies, so maybe it will just be the T2 table. Haven't listened to the podcast yet, have a 90 minute drive this morning that I saved it for so maybe my thoughts will change after that.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I'm going to throw a curve ball and say Demolition Man. Mainly because I want to play that table again. :)

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I'm going to throw a curve ball and say Demolition Man. Mainly because I want to play that table again. :)

If the first new-to-digital DMD we get is Demolition Man, Shadow, Congo, IJ, Johnny Mnemonic, or Corvette I'll be really happy.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018

I've just played Demolition Man today - never seen one before, lets just say flipper buttons aren't in the usual place. Had 3 games but only started multiball once, and a ball got stuck so its was multiball with one ball, then second ball by itself after the tables ball-search found it!!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I've just played Demolition Man today - never seen one before, lets just say flipper buttons aren't in the usual place. Had 3 games but only started multiball once, and a ball got stuck so its was multiball with one ball, then second ball by itself after the tables ball-search found it!!

The flipper buttons are in the usual place - you don't have to use the triggers.

Every time I play a Demo Man these days, something is broken. It's also a table where if the flippers are weak, it's next to impossible to do anything.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I'm assuming horror for sure because in the interview he said around halloween and not in october... but i guess you could dress up as indiana jones on halloween ;)

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I'm going to dress up as Congo, the star of Congo. I assume, I don't remember if I ever even saw Congo.

My point being, give me Congo, Zen.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
So when the Williams tables were first released I told them they should have started with some Halloween related tables since it was so close to the date, and they said that would be a good idea for the next year. Since Mel also specifically mentioned a Halloween date when discussing licensed tables I have GOT to think that for sure the first licensed stuff will be monster movie related.

I am going to go with

Creature from the Black Lagoon
Monster Bash

and....

Scared Stiff??

Only if I am dreaming big. I am not sure they can secure the licenses for that last one quick enough, and this licensing stuff is too darn complicated as it is, but we shall see!

Last edited:

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
I'm going to dress up as Congo, the star of Congo. I assume, I don't remember if I ever even saw Congo.

My point being, give me Congo, Zen.
I for one appreciate the enthusiasm and recognize the sacrifice. I also want congo. To match this generous time donation I'll be dressing up as the shadow from the flop the shadow because of course, I'd like to see the shadow in pinball fx3.

Edit They said the first licensed pin would be in October Monster bash/CFTBL are basically a lock. Would be nice to see tales from the crypt thrown in with a Stern (data east licencing deal) thrown in but I'm just getting greedy.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
I've just found something with release date in October

HTML:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MahQdRvBShw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Its even got Halloween on the poster https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_A.../media/File:The_Addams_Family_(2019_film).png

Could Addams Family + Zen originals Addams Family as a 2 pack be on the cards to tie in with that? You'd have to think if Zen were given that option they would jump at it, but how likely is it they could have got a licence say start of this year at the very latest to be able to work on it.

Last edited:

trash80

Dec 14, 2018

Its even got Halloween on the poster https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_A.../media/File:The_Addams_Family_(2019_film).png

Could Addams Family + Zen originals Addams Family as a 2 pack be on the cards to tie in with that? You'd have to think if Zen were given that option they would jump at it, but how likely is it they could have got a licence say start of this year at the very latest to be able to work on it.

Looks like it the movie is scheduled for an Oct 11th release.

This would be a welcome and entertaining 2-pack. The license is owned by MGM (Universal Pictures is the non-US distributor) and a relationship with them may offer up some further interesting license possibilities.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019

HTML:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MahQdRvBShw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Could Addams Family + Zen originals Addams Family as a 2 pack be on the cards to tie in with that?

I would love that. And thanks for mentioning this as I didn’t even know about this new movie coming out. It looks great! How would a 2 pack work on mobile though where the originals and Williams tables are in separate apps? I guess they would have to be released separately at seperate prices.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
To be honest, I see no reason for Zen to bundle any of these major licences with anything else. They are bound to sell extremely well released as single tables. Licensing may even dictate that they are sold separately.

So bundling them up with something that could be sold in a separate pack doesn’t make much business sense imo

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
To be honest, I see no reason for Zen to bundle any of these major licences with anything else. They are bound to sell extremely well released as single tables. Licensing may even dictate that they are sold separately.

So bundling them up with something that could be sold in a separate pack doesn’t make much business sense imo

They aren't licensing an individual table from Williams, they have access to digitally recreate any and all tables ever released by Williams and Bally.

When it comes to third party licenses like the Addams Family film(s) there are many, many license aspects to consider that go far beyond dealing with the original film production house when approaching a recreation

And considering that the whole Zen business model has been original tables based on major licenses I'd guess they have a pretty good gauge on how to value their license acquisitions.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.