Thread: First Licensed FX3 Williams Speculation

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxffqId09Kk

Near the start of the video is a line-up of Star Wars Episode I, Metallica, Indiana Jones, ST:TNG, and Twilight Zone. Could those be the first 5 licensed tables, and Metallica is a Stern table so does that mean they have acquired a license to make that?

My Devices
    Steam, iOS, Oculus Rift
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    i would assume they have heard our "give us something new cries" and we will get indiana jones
    I would love otherwise but I can’t see anything happening here license wise with Lucas/Disney until 2021 (raiders 30th). Especially if that’s the same year as Indy 5.

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Samsung s8, gear VR, PC, OUYA, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    metallica would be so cool! if they do it though (and this goes for all modern sterns like star wars aerosmith batman66 ect ect) I hope they give us the option of pro & limited edition and without buying it twice... at a glace the differences of versions may look small, but they change up gameplay and rules enough to really make a difference. IVe played both versions of metallica and have completely different strategies for them. On aerosmith LE the added option of locking balls on the upper playfield changes the whole flow, and you can achieve a pretty easy ricochet off the right side of the toy box into the lock as well which never seems to work on pro.

As far as waiting 2 years to coincide with an anniversary I really doubt they will push anything back that far for a digital pinball table, maybe if they were making a new movie
    Last edited by Pete; 05-15-2019 at 12:13 PM.

My Devices
    PS4 (TPA, PFX3); Switch (Zaccaria)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbers View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxffqId09Kk

Near the start of the video is a line-up of Star Wars Episode I, Metallica, Indiana Jones, ST:TNG, and Twilight Zone. Could those be the first 5 licensed tables, and Metallica is a Stern table so does that mean they have acquired a license to make that?
    I wouldn't read too much into this. There were photos of their office posted on their forums a couple years ago and a couple of those tables (Metallica and Episode 1) we in those photos too.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First licensed tables around Halloween. Interesting.

I know that licensed tables are normally planned to be done as individual releases, but I'm pretty sure I heard Mel pluralize there. So maybe a Universal CftBL/MB pack?

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Alphanumerics are coming, per the Blahcade Interview. YES!

I imagine Banzai Run won't be difficult for them, since they've done Paranormal previously.

/off-topic

Yeah, I imagine since it's near Halloween, it makes sense to go after the Universal Monsters.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he made a funny face right after saying it like oops probably fed all these crazy speculation people too much information. so obviously were going to get some or one of the following tables
    -Monster Bash
    -Creature From The Black Lagoon
    -Scarred Stiff
    -Bram Stoker's Dracula
    -Addams Family
    -Twilight Zone

My Devices
    Android and Steam
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    First licensed tables around Halloween. Interesting.

I know that licensed tables are normally planned to be done as individual releases, but I'm pretty sure I heard Mel pluralize there. So maybe a Universal CftBL/MB pack?
    I was curious if the first licensed ones come out around Halloween at the end of October, with volume 5 coming in July/August, then volume 6 would be the licensed tables in Oct., that would mean the last of the unlicensed DMD's would be volume 7 then in December?

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    he made a funny face right after saying it like oops probably fed all these crazy speculation people too much information. so obviously were going to get some or one of the following tables
    -Monster Bash
    -Creature From The Black Lagoon
    -Scarred Stiff
    -Bram Stoker's Dracula
    -Addams Family
    -Twilight Zone
    SGI (the Williams license owners) has a vested interest in both MB and CftBL. While Scared Stiff is still covered under an independent likeness deal with the other guys.

The other tables in this list have a LOT to get worked out before they can be considered.
    Last edited by trash80; 05-16-2019 at 05:07 PM.

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkthorne View Post
    I was curious if the first licensed ones come out around Halloween at the end of October, with volume 5 coming in July/August, then volume 6 would be the licensed tables in Oct., that would mean the last of the unlicensed DMD's would be volume 7 then in December?
    Zen hasn't been afraid of releasing more tables more often in the past. I'd expect the Universal Monster 2 pack to be treated as a bonus release.

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind that licensed releases will be set apart from the Volumes. Volume 6 will have the remaining unlicensed DMD games.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Monster Bash and Creature ftBL sound like shoo-ins for a Universal Monsters release.
    Last edited by dmil666; 05-16-2019 at 05:06 PM.
    Who says you can't take it with you?

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i pretty much am sure it will be Monster Bash & Creature that's why i put them at the top, but decided to just list all the licenced horror tables so we can speculate possible curve balls

scarred stiff is like my #3 table of all time so I'm hoping something gets worked out on that. It's got that completion thing of collecting the tales to start the stiff-o-meter which feels like going for Battle for the Kingdom on MM only wayyyyy easier to complete. it's like you know what youve got to do and you do it and you feel good when you get it.
    Last edited by Pete; 05-16-2019 at 05:42 PM.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So you all are applying the FarSight model of horror themed pins at Halloween to Zen? Nobody thinks the first release might be something new to digital? Just curious.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, it's not like FarSight invented the concept of releasing horror-themed stuff around Halloween. The movie industry beat them to that. And the breakfast cereal industry. And pretty much American society in general. That's why I guessed it'd be a Universal Monsters pack, not specifically because of what FarSight used to do.

That being said, something new to digital would make me even happier. So I'm looking forward to it either way.

Edit: Granted, I have no idea if Hungarians care about Halloween. But I would assume they at least know we do it here, where most of their consumerbase is.
    Last edited by Citizen; 05-16-2019 at 06:27 PM.

My Devices
    Android and Steam
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    So you all are applying the FarSight model of horror themed pins at Halloween to Zen? Nobody thinks the first release might be something new to digital? Just curious.
    It does seem that no matter which licensed table(s) they release around Halloween it would probably tie in a little bit with the holiday. Monster Bash and Creature for Universal monsters, Twilight Zone, The Addams Family, Elvira tables, Bram Stoker's Dracula, or even Terminator 2 with evil robots would fit the holiday. If Zen keeps going with heavy hitters mostly for this year, those would be the ones that would fit, other than the biggie one of Indiana Jones.
    Last edited by Blkthorne; 05-16-2019 at 06:51 PM.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Fair points all.

My Devices
    Steam, iOS, Oculus Rift
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halloween is the day before November 1st - just sayin My Terminator theory still holds up. Although they've never been day and date with their other movie tie ins on the SW Zen tables. Usually 3 or 4 months after the movies, so maybe it will just be the T2 table. Haven't listened to the podcast yet, have a 90 minute drive this morning that I saved it for so maybe my thoughts will change after that.

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you try really, really hard its possible to link Indiana Jones with Halloween (not that I think that's what it will be).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0752190/

My Devices
    PS4 (TPA, PFX3); Switch (Zaccaria)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to throw a curve ball and say Demolition Man. Mainly because I want to play that table again.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I'm going to throw a curve ball and say Demolition Man. Mainly because I want to play that table again.
    If the first new-to-digital DMD we get is Demolition Man, Shadow, Congo, IJ, Johnny Mnemonic, or Corvette I'll be really happy.

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I've just played Demolition Man today - never seen one before, lets just say flipper buttons aren't in the usual place. Had 3 games but only started multiball once, and a ball got stuck so its was multiball with one ball, then second ball by itself after the tables ball-search found it!!

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbers View Post
    I've just played Demolition Man today - never seen one before, lets just say flipper buttons aren't in the usual place. Had 3 games but only started multiball once, and a ball got stuck so its was multiball with one ball, then second ball by itself after the tables ball-search found it!!
    The flipper buttons are in the usual place - you don't have to use the triggers.

Every time I play a Demo Man these days, something is broken. It's also a table where if the flippers are weak, it's next to impossible to do anything.
    "You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EldarOfSuburbia View Post
    The flipper buttons are in the usual place - you don't have to use the triggers.
    Never noticed, not that it would have mattered with the novelty factor of the triggers.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm assuming horror for sure because in the interview he said around halloween and not in october... but i guess you could dress up as indiana jones on halloween

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast