Williams' Collection Volume 5 guesses

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Podcast is out. Get it from the usual place.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Yep. Already listened. Assume you’ll have a more thorough discussion about the tables you’ve had in Beta since end of July once Zen make the announcement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
that would be cool if they announced something crazy like vr added to fx3 and it all worked for every table right away. it's also the 2 year anniversary of when they announced vr was being taken away with fx3 but that they someday hoped to implement it back in. I think they need to drop the whole trying to make things like jaws swim around you and just give you a head tracking camera and change nothing about anything else. If they can make the camera head track on 1 table then it's all done, all they need to do is copy paste that camera code on all the tables. The only reason they didnt just crank every table in fx2 out in vr instantly was they got hung up on this whole every table needs it's own ambiance thing. made so much extra work for them to do it that they just sort of stopped for now. as of last march the psvr headset has sold 4.2 million units. Rift and GearVR Sold Over 10 million units... the market is now in place, the longer they wait the more saturated the market will become with vr titles and the less visible they will be when they do release. The current fx2 vr line-up is not that great, i know some of you guys dig the tables but I think if a new player came along and played medieval madness they would be hooked, whereas if a new player came along and tried Epic Quest they would probably play it 5 or 6 times ever and never check out zen again.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Yep. Already listened. Assume you’ll have a more thorough discussion about the tables you’ve had in Beta since end of July once Zen make the announcement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can count on it.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
If they can make the camera head track on 1 table then it's all done, all they need to do is copy paste that camera code on all the tables.

I'd put a large bet down against it being just a "copy paste". Software retrofitting is never easy.

I do agree that they might potentially get more adoption if they rolled VR into the FX3 platform.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Looks to be 16th October for announcement of next pack (presumably with release about 2 weeks after).

Not quite sure what the "89 days still remain" in the newsletter means, maybe just confirming there will be another release this year after the October one, so Williams volume 5 in early December perhaps?

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
Looks to be 16th October for announcement of next pack (presumably with release about 2 weeks after).

Ugh. They are really dragging this out. I wonder if they have any idea how annoying that is to people? They really should have dropped a few hints along the way or give some interviews, or a contest, or SOMETHING to keep people engaged.

This feast or famine strategy really doesn’t work for me.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Was kind of hoping the 2 licensed tables this month then volume 5 and 6 in November and December.

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Ugh. They are really dragging this out. I wonder if they have any idea how annoying that is to people? They really should have dropped a few hints along the way or give some interviews, or a contest, or SOMETHING to keep people engaged.

This feast or famine strategy really doesn’t work for me.

Feel the same. I just hope we just didnt get a 5 months break between release for some minor showup like Star Wars Switch cause ill be a lot disappointed. I mean, all other platforms got left over for this release. A Halloween pack of Monster Bash, Scarred Stiff wont cut it. They got some Disney- Star Wars license they want to make grow, it better be for something bigger. If packs just get release after with just their ´regular’ release windows of 1.5 to 2 month, i mean, we just waited for what exactly? So Switch user can be happy with Star Wars pinball? If its the case, god i just dont care about Marvel on Switch and dont want to have another wait like this just for that.

Ill be happy to see new tables we didnt see in TPA, Stern license? Im expecting something big, not just re-release of what we saw from Farsight.

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Really? Monster Bash would be a coup. Also Scared Stiff and Zen don't seem compatible. I'd love to have it, but there are PG issues.

Well look, i will really be happy to have em on my Switch, im not meaning it wont be a welcome addition, these are two amazing tables. I will just be disappointed if the 5 month of no release will just be in a way for the waiting in publicity for the release of Star Wars on Switch. Im expecting something bigger than just another single pack release after that 5 month break.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.