Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Williams' Collection Volume 5 guesses

My Devices
    Nintendo Switch, Steam, PSVita, PS3, Wii U, 3DS, Wii.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was the FB message?
    Let's play pinball together:
    Platform of choice - Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 3127 6508 1219
    Also on - Steam: LroyST / PSN: Count-Fosco / 3DS: 0361 9527 6404

My Devices
    Xbox One
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lroy View Post
    What was the FB message?
    Just the time when it will be announced (3:05 pm on Wednesday presumably Budapest time) and the confirmation that it will be a Williams pack...
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan
    Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan
    Twitter - PinStratsDan
    Facebook - PinStratsDan

My Devices
    PS4 (TPA, PFX3); Switch (Zaccaria)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was the FB message?
    https://www.facebook.com/zenstudios/...0363415976811/

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Cloda Cheers. Don’t use FB. Thanks.

My Devices
    iPad Air 2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just says they will be making an announcement about pack 5 as stated above. That's it.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame. At least a tease or promise of something extra special like an instant drop of Volume 5 and a follow up Halloween double-pack would’ve been nice.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame. At least a tease or promise of something extra special like an instant drop of Volume 5 and a follow up Halloween double-pack would’ve been nice.
    Were you really expecting something like that?

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be shocked if it's not a "Halloween" 2-pack of Monster Bash and CftBL. Imagine, a Monster Bash that looks like the real thing. Though with Zen's physics I'm not looking forward to that left ramp on Creature.
    "You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    ipad 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually thought that left ramp in Pinball Arcade Creature ruined the game. One of the easiest ones to hit. And Monster Bash is much harder on the real table. So even though looking forward to some non-Pinball Arcaede tables, Zen versions will be a nice welcome

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Benny Baroni High hopes and low expectations...

So no, I wasn’t 100% expecting something like I suggested but it would have been cool and why not hope for Zen to do something like an instant drop of the next Volume considering it has been something like 5 months plus since the last Williams/Bally pack?

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have liked a hint along the way...like in August or Sept. That would have been fun. Oh well.

My Devices
    Surface Book 2 and Pixel XL 2
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamoneagain View Post
    I actually thought that left ramp in Pinball Arcade Creature ruined the game. One of the easiest ones to hit. And Monster Bash is much harder on the real table. So even though looking forward to some non-Pinball Arcaede tables, Zen versions will be a nice welcome
    Vacuum ramps sucked the joy out of this table on Pinball Arcade.

100% agree.

Find me on:
    Twitter | Google+ | Blab.im | GitHub | LinkedIn

My Devices
    iPad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monster Bash And CFTBL it is!

My Devices
    iMac, Virtual Cabinet (PC)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a big CFTBL fan, but maybe this treatment will change my mind. Monster Bash is obviously an awesome release.

My Devices
    Steam, PS4, iPad
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not any kind of surprise, but hey, Monster Bash! A licenced table at last, and two that desperately needed an update from Pinball Arcade! And it's not Volume 5, but the Universal Monsters pack so that answers that (and I guess we can't close this thread).
    Bit disappointed they didn't add a 3rd Universal Monsters original table as was speculated.

Edit: Not a fan of CftBL on TPA either, but I've never gotten around to playing a real one, so I'm hoping this one will grab me more. Even if not, hey, Monster Bash!

Watched the trailer a couple more times, was hoping that the animated monsters change to show the instruments as they get them, no indication that's the case. Oh well.
    Last edited by zmcvay; 10-16-2019 at 07:04 AM.

My Devices
    Xbox One
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlike most of the people here, I haven't played these in real life or TPA. I watched the PAPA tutorials and am looking forward to both. Creature from the Black Lagoon looks Jackpot and Super Jackpot dominated like i.e. Fish Tales and The Getaway. I couldn't see from the PAPA tutorial if there are also huge Jackpots on Monster Bash. I seriously hope the Achievements are worth something this time around like i.e. Fish Tales for Super Jackpot. I enjoyed getting Medieval Madness but would have enjoyed it more if you got after defeating the King of Payne and not just starting Battle for the Kingdom.

Thinking about it a bit and from what I've seen in the PAPA videos, I'm already worrying that there is going to be a big delay to the next table pack. My reasons are; only two tables and from what I can see on the PAPA videos, they are both relatively straight forward where after about 10 minutes of good play, you basically restart everything again. That doesn't add to longevity on a table so after a couple of days, you'll be played out and will be looking forward to what's next. I'm thinking of e.g. The Getaway, Hurricane, Fish Tales, and The Party Zone, where after 4 days of playing, I've basically had enough of it (just trying some specific things out now) for now. Both Road Show and White Water kept me busy for a long time as there was a lot more variation and reaching the Wizard mode took effort.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan
    Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan
    Twitter - PinStratsDan
    Facebook - PinStratsDan

My Devices
    iOS, PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. Looking forward to this collection.

Always have a soft spot for virtual Creature. Played the 2003 version in Williams Pinball Classics so much. Was the first recreation that made it click that each pinball table has a story and a goals to follow. Before that any real-world pinball play I did was pretty much just batting the ball around to see the flashing lights, call outs, and activating whatever fun toy lead to multiball.

Never cared so much for Monster Bash but hoping the classic physics changes my mind on it. Was always so easy in TPA that games became a slog so barely played it.

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Unlike most of the people here, I haven't played these in real life or TPA. I watched the PAPA tutorials and am looking forward to both. Creature from the Black Lagoon looks Jackpot and Super Jackpot dominated like i.e. Fish Tales and The Getaway. I couldn't see from the PAPA tutorial if there are also huge Jackpots on Monster Bash. I seriously hope the Achievements are worth something this time around like i.e. Fish Tales for Super Jackpot. I enjoyed getting Medieval Madness but would have enjoyed it more if you got after defeating the King of Payne and not just starting Battle for the Kingdom.

Thinking about it a bit and from what I've seen in the PAPA videos, I'm already worrying that there is going to be a big delay to the next table pack. My reasons are; only two tables and from what I can see on the PAPA videos, they are both relatively straight forward where after about 10 minutes of good play, you basically restart everything again. That doesn't add to longevity on a table so after a couple of days, you'll be played out and will be looking forward to what's next. I'm thinking of e.g. The Getaway, Hurricane, Fish Tales, and The Party Zone, where after 4 days of playing, I've basically had enough of it (just trying some specific things out now) for now. Both Road Show and White Water kept me busy for a long time as there was a lot more variation and reaching the Wizard mode took effort.
    I played a lot of CfTBL, and it's a hard table IRL. The left ramp needs to be a drain monster if you don't hit it. My concern is how that ramp plays... TPA made it far too easy, even after tweaks. But if it plays the same way in FX3 as, say, the right (Dragon) ramp in MM, it's going to make life very difficult. It's a key ramp to high scores on CfTBL, since it feeds the jackpot multiplier during multiball, as well as keeping a ball "out of the way" for a while. Also interested to see how they make the jet bumpers behave. Even on IRL tables, it's possible for the ball to stay up in the bumpers for an extended period; again, desirable in multiball since it keeps a ball busy and builds the Jackpot total.

It's true that Creature is heavily focused on Jackpots and Super Jackpots for scoring; nothing even comes remotely close. Getting even one Super Jackpot at 1x scoring - let along 2x or higher - is a significant achievement. Multiball is unforgiving, and is only two-ball.

MB, on the other hand, has pretty balanced scoring during normal play; with big emphasis on the two Wizard Modes, which can net huge scores, if you keep them going for long enough and know how to manipulate the scoring potential (think Total Annihilation, but more complicated).
    "You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played a total of 1 game on Creature From the Black Lagoon (last May), and 0 games of Monster Bash so looking forward to both of these.

Suppose that's an advantage of only having ST:TNG of the Williams tables in The Pinball Arcade, almost anything that is released is new to me in digital form.

My Devices
    Steam, PS4, iPad
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seriously hope the Achievements are worth something this time around like i.e. Fish Tales for Super Jackpot. I enjoyed getting Medieval Madness but would have enjoyed it more if you got after defeating the King of Payne and not just starting Battle for the Kingdom.
    Neither had hard goals in Pinball Arcade, except for possibly the Lyman's Lament goal on Monster Bash (which was pretty easy once you got into a pattern for it). For Zen:

Monsters of Rock
    Form the Monster Rock Band on the Monster Bash™ table. (Single player only)

Damsel in distress
    Find the girl and hit at least one Jackpot on Creature from the Black Lagoon. (Single player only)

Could be difficult on Arcade/Tournament physics.

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish they were announced Oct 1 and released today rather than just barely squeaking under the wire before Halloween! But I will say that visually, they both look fantastic. Especially Monster Bash which has deserved an exceptionally well lit version. Looked almost real. Although so do those lights on Creature. Which makes me excited for what they will (hopefully) do with Circus Voltare someday!
    Last edited by Scared Stiff; 10-16-2019 at 09:41 AM.

My Devices
    iPad Air 2, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instant buy for me as MB is my favorite table!

My Devices
    Playstation 3, iOS, Playstation 4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the betas can speak up now that these tables have been announced: are the songs used in Creature the same songs used in the TPA version?

My Devices
    Amstrad CPC 464, PC.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im kind of hoping they would added the Career mode found in the Switch version of Star Wars Pinball, where it basically gives you challenges to complete on the tables, this would add to the replayability of the tables.

Im guessing we're going to actually see Season 5 before the years out as the the beta for this Universal Monsters pack has been out since July, so this pack was more or less wrapped up from then with just tweaks here and there maybe. So my guess is there probably 95% finished on season 5 tables, and im betting if the beta tester haven't got that pack yet they will do in the next few weeks
    Last edited by lettuce; 10-16-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast