Thread: Williams' Collection Volume 5 guesses

My Devices
    PS4 (TPA, PFX3); Switch (Zaccaria)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EldarOfSuburbia View Post
    No wouldn't it be something if Zen had to visit Farsight to get access to a CC?! Since they're on different electrical systems there'd be no point in shipping it over to Hungary. Using an adapter for a 'phone charger is one thing, using one for a pinball machine might be a teensy bit more dangerous.
    Each pinball machine has a fuss block (transformer) that regulates power in the machine and supports between 100-240 voltage input. All the machine needs is a converter box which can be bought on Amazon for less than $100.

Example:
    https://www.amazon.com/SEYAS-Transfo...dp/B06VVXN2SR/
    Last edited by shogun00; 05-22-2019 at 01:01 AM.

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Samsung s8, gear VR, PC, OUYA, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the way he was talking about it on the interview i think they already have a cactus canyon

My Devices
    360, XB1, PSVita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T2, STTNG, MB...or some newer tables than that hokey old crap pack they just released.

My Devices
    PC, OUYA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TOTAN with Badcats and Whodunit? work for me!

My Devices
    PS4, iPad Pro 12.9", iPhone 7 Plus, PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad Cats is one of the tables I would love to see recreated by Zen. This was one of my absolute favorites with Visual Pinball and earlier Pinmame designs. The ramps are some of the best in the business. The flow is fantastic. Meow meow meow meow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35VTu0qzS5c

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bad Cats, you say? Well, let's put it this way:

No multiball. No skill shots. No combos. No ball save. That's what Bad Cats is. You're left with 2 passive powerups, which EVERYONE is limited to in Zen Single Player. And those two aren't even remotely connected to some of the greatest rewards in the game.

The rules are also significantly imbalanced and almost akin to being what looks like Cyclone 1.5. I seriously doubt Zen will go for a table that lacks of excitement in terms of action. It's TOO simple.

I was also thinking about Cyclone not making it in either, but at least players have a choice choosing powerups on that game. (Given anyone should be able to make a Skill Shot...)

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My picks...

- Funhouse
    - Cyclone
    - Terminator 2

My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry but Mousin' Around. I totally want to play that.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see some alphanumerics and SS tables, microscopic as the chance might be.

I just want White Water fixed. Looks great, decent play, but the six-year-old TPA version runs circles around it soundwise. And sound wasn't even TPA's strong suit.
    "Pay attention to backward!"

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rehtroboi40 View Post
    I'd like to see some alphanumerics and SS tables, microscopic as the chance might be.
    During the last Zen interview on the Blahcade podcast they stated that alphanumeric SS tables will be coming. I believe they even said "soon".

My Devices
    PC, Oculus Rift, Nintendo Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rehtroboi40 View Post

I just want White Water fixed. Looks great, decent play, but the six-year-old TPA version runs circles around it soundwise. And sound wasn't even TPA's strong suit.
    I don't think Zen will disappoint, I'm reasonably confident they'll address those sound issues though it's more complex than I anticipated. I really need to spend some more time probing how Farsight solved those issues, I suspect it's not elegant or accurate but works.

Grateful for the new version but still think this table is insanely overrated (IPDB SS #9 / Pinside #25), I don't like the play of the original cab, Zen or Farsight version.
    Last edited by MBeeching; 06-07-2019 at 08:29 PM.

My Devices
    iPod 5, PS3, Wii U, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MBeeching View Post
    I don't think Zen will disappoint, I'm reasonably confident they'll address those sound issues though it's more complex than I anticipated. I really need to spend some more time probing how Farsight solved those issues, I suspect it's not elegant or accurate but works.

Grateful for the new version but still think this table is insanely overrated (IPDB SS #9 / Pinside #25), I don't like the play of the original cab, Zen or Farsight version.
    The Pinball Arcade never truly emulated the audio of games. Rather they recorded all the sounds and music and then played their own recordings back whenever the ROM called for a sound to be played. It was a decent solution, but wasn't fully authentic, since music channels wouldn't cut out when SFX played and there was room for error if someone at Farsight messed up a recording (Like the jackpot sound on Twilight Zone) or linked a sound with the wrong audio call. Also, the first few seasons of tables used pretty low quality audio recordings on a lot of platforms, which was the biggest issue of this method.
    "What is life anyway, when compared to the immortality of a high score?" - Soos

My Devices
    PC, OUYA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just give us Bad Cats as the 3rd in a pack then, I like the table, have played it a lot at PHOF, and much prefer it over already released: Hurricane and don't get me started on PBA choices like Spanish Eyes.

Improve Bad Cats' flaws on a reproduction, works for me!?! Offer original flaws in settings for purists!?!

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want something not released yet in TPA in the past. If they do all DMD non license stuff, from Bally there Circus Voltaire, Who Dunnit and Cactus Canyon left, along with Revenge from Mars but i think this one might be more technical to produce, and Williams No Good Gofers, Totan and Jackbot. I guess its a clear enough indication on whats left for the next 2 non license DMD packs.

I dont mid getting these, play most often on Switch and dont have them there, but god id love something not done yet.

My Devices
    Nintendo Switch, Steam, PSVita, PS3, Wii U, 3DS, Wii.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When are we likely expecting Volume 5, August?

Let's play pinball together:
    Platform of choice - Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 3127 6508 1219
    Also on - Steam: LroyST / PSN: Count-Fosco / 3DS: 0361 9527 6404

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    I just want something not released yet in TPA in the past. If they do all DMD non license stuff, from Bally there Circus Voltaire, Who Dunnit and Cactus Canyon left, along with Revenge from Mars but i think this one might be more technical to produce, and Williams No Good Gofers, Totan and Jackbot. I guess its a clear enough indication on whats left for the next 2 non license DMD packs.

I dont mid getting these, play most often on Switch and dont have them there, but god id love something not done yet.
    I could second that about something that hasn't been done yet. Like I've said before, the PFX3 tables look so much better and overall, seem to be very well crafted by Zen. But I'd like to be able to hit the ramps in Road Show (ramps aren't that difficult to hit IRL-did it easily at our local retro arcade just the other day) and not have my White Water music "drowned out" (pun intended) by the cymbals. Even if I had a fever, the prescription for WH2O's music is not more cowbell.

I wouldn't mind Monster Bash and CFTBL for Halloween-both need a serious Zen overhaul. It could be hard for some to overlook who made the latter mention though. And we all know why...…..
    "Pay attention to backward!"

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lroy View Post
    When are we likely expecting Volume 5, August?

Think 6th or 13th August is looking most likely, though it could just about be 30th July. As of last Saturday its not yet in beta which probably means its at least 4 weeks away.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbers View Post
    Think 6th or 13th August is looking most likely, though it could just about be 30th July. As of last Saturday its not yet in beta which probably means its at least 4 weeks away.
    I think this sounds about right. Then you have Star Wars coming to Switch mid September. The question is, if there indeed is a licensed table coming for Halloween, do they also release Vol 6 in that same time period (call it early October) or hold it for more of a late November to early December release?
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    Nintendo Switch, Steam, PSVita, PS3, Wii U, 3DS, Wii.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks chaps.

Let's play pinball together:
    Platform of choice - Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 3127 6508 1219
    Also on - Steam: LroyST / PSN: Count-Fosco / 3DS: 0361 9527 6404

My Devices
    Nintendo Switch and a broken Xbox One which I hope to replace asap.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose nobody mentioned CFTBLagoon because it's licensed. Actually, it's probably because I am the only one who likes that table. Love to see Circus....come on Circus!

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like CFTBL too, even though its multiball vexes me. I'd love to see Zen give it the treatment when and if they can.
    Who says you can't take it with you?

My Devices
    PS3, PS Vita, PS4, Wii U, (n)3DS XL, Switch, Android tablet
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
    we are on a different AC voltage. But that's it. Worst case scenario, they would need some 220V to 110V converter if the machine itself does not work on both voltages like any charger in the last 20 years.
    Not just that. There's also the 60Hz vs. 50Hz issue if that is used for clock ticks.

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steven120566 View Post
    I suppose nobody mentioned CFTBLagoon because it's licensed. Actually, it's probably because I am the only one who likes that table. Love to see Circus....come on Circus!
    Its a table i would love to see Zen make, perhaps like a few other it would make me love it cause i didnt enjoy the Farsight representation. Better looking clear ramps would be just way better.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steven120566 View Post
    Correct, the license is why nobody is mentioning it for Vol 5 or 6. Licensed tables will get their own release (that we are told) not labeled as a “volume”.

I have a love/hate relationship with Creature. There’s a lot about it that annoys me, but in TPA I am able to absolutely dominate the table. A sub 2 billion game is failure to me. Then I go play on a real machine and I can’t break 500 million. No two machines have behaved the same either, and I’ve played on a bunch.

So I would certainly welcome it to Zen, if for nothing else than it looking and playing heaps better. The annoyances will still be there though.

My Devices
    PC, XBox One, PS4, Galaxy S8, iPad
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the chances of Monster Bash and Creature for Halloween tables? MB would massively benefit from a Zen remake! Love Bram Stoker Dracula too, however as it was a later Pinball Arcade table it played pretty well imo.

Volume 5 fingers crossed for Cactus Canyon, No Good Gofers and Circus Voltaire - would still be happy with Who Dunnit and TOTAN though

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast