Williams' Collection Volume 5 guesses

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
One table I would really like to see released that never made it to TPA is The Bally Game Show. Hope we see that some day.

That would make for some interesting Zen enhancements for sure. Animated version of the host would be a must. Make it very cartoony, with prizes just stacking up on the apron as you win them. If they did a custom DMD rather than the alpha numerics, could do all sorts of wacky game show like graphics there too. It basically needs to just be Press Your Luck.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I (relatively) recently participated in the Flip Grip kickstarter for the Switch. Yeah. The TPA tables are "upside down" when you install your switch properly in the flip grip, so that was a bummer. Maybe next update (devil: who turned the furnaces off in here? I'm freezing to death!) you can choose the orientation in portrait mode (no need to come up with fancy Japanese names for the exact same thing).

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I (relatively) recently participated in the Flip Grip kickstarter for the Switch. Yeah. The TPA tables are "upside down" when you install your switch properly in the flip grip, so that was a bummer. Maybe next update (devil: who turned the furnaces off in here? I'm freezing to death!) you can choose the orientation in portrait mode (no need to come up with fancy Japanese names for the exact same thing).

The best part is that the Magic Pixel team is like four guys, and when a handful of us told them about the Flip Grip on Facebook and requested support for it, their response was "Sure!" and we had an update in like a month.

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013
Looking forward to seeing which of the two possible options are going to make up the next pack. If it’s anything other than the below they’d be breaking the current pattern.

Option 1: Circus Voltaire, Cactus Canyon, Who Dunnit
Option 2: Tales of the arbian nights, no good gofers, jackbot.

I’d personally prefer option 1. Voltaire and Cactus Canyon play quite poorly in tpa so I’d love the upgrades plus they’re good games. I love totan but the tpa version is passable and I also love NGG (tpa did it a diservice for sure) but I own it in real life so not as interested in the digital version. Jackbot I can’t stand...layout is never one that I’ve enjoyed.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Option 1: Circus Voltaire, Cactus Canyon, Who Dunnit
Option 2: Tales of the arbian nights, no good gofers, jackbot.

I’d personally prefer option 1. Voltaire and Cactus Canyon play quite poorly in tpa so I’d love the upgrades plus they’re good games. I love totan but the tpa version is passable and I also love NGG (tpa did it a disservice for sure) but I own it in real life so not as interested in the digital version. Jackbot I can’t stand...layout is never one that I’ve enjoyed.

I prefer option 2 myself. I'm a big fan of the Pinbot series and I would love to have better versions of NGG and TOTAN. While I would be fine with Option 1. I'm just not a big fan of Cactus Canyon.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I don’t have any affinity for Who Dunnit, but I do like the other 2. Flip the coin and you’ve got a Lawlor table (my faves) and TotAN which desperately needed an overhaul in TPA. So option 2 is what I’m rooting for. Now if you told me Zen was doing CC Continued, I probably would be more excited for that.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Option 2 for me, though CV and CC do need overhauls just like TotAN does. The discoloration of CC's pf in TPA is one of the most disgusting graphical hackjobs FarSight did, up there with MB. And CV was always riddled with problems.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
I love TOTAN, but I am going to go with option one, because the graphics and play are so lacking on Farsight’s version of Circus Voltaire and because I love Cactus Canyon so gosh darn much. “Lock is lit and so am I”. :)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
All the rest of the Bally's need improved badly. CV and Who Dunnit play really floaty, while Cactus Canyon feels kind of off to me (doesn't help that I haven't played a real CC yet but still).

I can hold out for TotAN and NGG. Jack*Bot played really well in TPA but I can't wait to see the rest eventually.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Zen should fix their previous release before releasing anything new. Their first three packs were very well done. But in pack 4, they severely borked the music on WH2O and Zaccaria'd the ramps, making them impossible to hit. (I can easily make ramp shots on an IRL Road Show with weak flippers).

Now that Zen is starting to have problems bringing WMS tables to life in PFX3, they should try to fix those problems before releasing anything new. Bugs from season 1 tables (2012) in TPA stayed around for years and are still there.

I'm sure that if CC and CV make it to PFX3, they'll look better as they should. But neither should have impossible ramp shots that weren't impossible to make IRL.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Are you referring to the rear left ramp? That’s the only one I struggle with and that’s on mobile with running ball shots. Captured ball, I can hit it. So no, it’s not impossible, far from it. To me it’s like the dragon ramp on MM, where it’s like the ball spin is preventing the ball from making it around the bend. Doable, but not as easily as you’d expect. Playing on Steam in Classic Single Player Arcade, these don’t even seem like issues. So that’s the other question, what mode are you playing in?

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Zen should fix their previous release before releasing anything new. Their first three packs were very well done. But in pack 4, they severely borked the music on WH2O and Zaccaria'd the ramps, making them impossible to hit. (I can easily make ramp shots on an IRL Road Show with weak flippers).

Now that Zen is starting to have problems bringing WMS tables to life in PFX3, they should try to fix those problems before releasing anything new. Bugs from season 1 tables (2012) in TPA stayed around for years and are still there.

I'm sure that if CC and CV make it to PFX3, they'll look better as they should. But neither should have impossible ramp shots that weren't impossible to make IRL.

Agree that some bugs need to get fixed. Like one from pack one, its with the gamma settings for Gateway and MM on Nintendo Switch, if you love to town down the gamma for darker experience, the setting is reverse for those two table. Its pack 1 and still not fix, same as for pack 4 the rewind for Road Show bug the camera, again on Nintendo Switch. I got a feeling its the version they care less about sometime.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Agree that some bugs need to get fixed. Like one from pack one, its with the gamma settings for Gateway and MM on Nintendo Switch, if you love to town down the gamma for darker experience, the setting is reverse for those two table. Its pack 1 and still not fix, same as for pack 4 the rewind for Road Show bug the camera, again on Nintendo Switch. I got a feeling its the version they care less about sometime.

Actually they love the Switch. I think Mel said it’s his main platform. Let Akos know about these bugs via Twitter or the official Zen forum.

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Actually they love the Switch. I think Mel said it’s his main platform. Let Akos know about these bugs via Twitter or the official Zen forum.

Yeah done it,forums, email, facebook perhaps the bug of Road Show will be corrected in the next update, i just found it strange that for pack 1 issue stil isnt corrected. Its a minor one, does nothing if you leave the gamma in the middle, but its an issue if you want to tone down gamma a bit.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Guess Williams Pack 5 will get an announcement in the next week or so?!.

Mel gave a strong indication that there will be a Halloween themed release around end of October (hopefully Bram Stoker Dracula, Monster Bash, and Creature From The Black Lagoon) so i doubt they'll wait until then to release the next pack so has to be the first 2 weeks of August to get the spacing between releases right and then table back 7 in December

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Guess Williams Pack 5 will get an announcement in the next week or so?!.

Mel gave a strong indication that there will be a Halloween themed release around end of October (hopefully Bram Stoker Dracula, Monster Bash, and Creature From The Black Lagoon) so i doubt they'll wait until then to release the next pack so has to be the first 2 weeks of August to get the spacing between releases right and then table back 7 in December

Mixing Dracula with Monster Bash and Creature has conflicting licenses. While Universal both have Monster Bash and Creature, they weren't involved in the making of the Bram Stoker's Dracula movie.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Mixing Dracula with Monster Bash and Creature has conflicting licenses. While Universal both have Monster Bash and Creature, they weren't involved in the making of the Bram Stoker's Dracula movie.

Good Point, id be over the moon with Monster Bash regardless of what other 2 its bundled with but sounds like CFTBL could be a shoe in for the 2nd table of the pack......wonder what they could use for the 3rd game

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Good Point, id be over the moon with Monster Bash regardless of what other 2 its bundled with but sounds like CFTBL could be a shoe in for the 2nd table of the pack......wonder what they could use for the 3rd game

Could've sworn it was only 2 licensed tables for October from the Blahcade interview, but would love any additional ones.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.